Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Perp?

Subscriber
    Donations:
    $30.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Nishok View Post
    A whitelist doesn't block or stop DoS and DDoS attacks.

I did all that myself back then when we used to have a lot of DDoS attacks, hell most of which is still being blocked (huge IP-blacklist on our firewalls :P), doubt I would have the time to redo all this again once we get another Perp server with a possibility of another DDoS series.

And paying a company to do this instead? Sure, if we can find that chest with gold on the end of the rainbow, to pay them
    Oh I know how much of a big task it would be. I reckon it would be possible to make a program which automatically blocks IP's for a certain amount of times depending on the bandwidth which is being used by the specific IP, maybe even a strike rule which permanently blocks IP's if they strike more then once. All theoretical though, not too sure where to start, would be a cool little project though!

And yeah, a bit chest of unlimited cash would be perfect

* SG Minecraft Team Leader *
    Donations:
    $13.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweezy View Post
    Oh I know how much of a big task it would be. I reckon it would be possible to make a program which automatically blocks IP's for a certain amount of times depending on the bandwidth which is being used by the specific IP, maybe even a strike rule which permanently blocks IP's if they strike more then once. All theoretical though, not too sure where to start, would be a cool little project though!

And yeah, a bit chest of unlimited cash would be perfect
    Sure, if only it was that easy.
    That could ban random people or things that should never be banned. The connection list of IPs transferring data was huge, and a lot of IPs that were also heavy data users were things that shouldn't be touched.

Subscriber
    Donations:
    $30.00
    Sure, if only it was that easy.
    That could ban random people or things that should never be banned. The connection list of IPs transferring data was huge, and a lot of IPs that were also heavy data users were things that shouldn't be touched.
    Don't get me wrong, I know how difficult and that it could be more of an issue then actually helping, but only if done wrong. Literally just a thought, haven't even got anything down on paper. Just brainstorming

SG Addict

Perp?

A whitelist doesn't block or stop DoS and DDoS attacks.
    Yes, i know but now that I've proofread what I posted I realized it doesn't make sense. What I was trying to get at is it would reduce the amount of minges/rule breakers if they had to sign up and be white listed to be able to join but obviously if you plan on breaking rules or DDoSing someone then you're gonna carry it out.

Quote Originally Posted by XeNo View Post
    All these "yeah it'll take up a lot of resources, but that's why you put it on a second dedi" comments are getting really obnoxious.
    If this is directed at me, I did not mean for it to come off like it's nothing. If it did, I apologize but it was not meant to be understood in that way.

Yes it would take a lot of extra funds to be able to go through with this and no we do not have the funds to pull this off. Everyone would have to be donating at least $10 a month to be able to put up the server.

Again like XeNo said, unless everyone can start donating regularly again this server won't be happening. It would have to be put on a second dedicated server because we're almost certain the current dedi we have would be unable to run because of the amount of resources it would take to run itself. But a dedi that can support a server of that magnitude would be too expensive for us to fund, therefore we can't go through with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Panda

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    I have some contacts in the server business. So I could arrange something. But for that, I need to know the spec requirements for a dedi to run PERP on it without lag. So far, I have failed to find any answers for this.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

User Tag List