Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Perp?

Baghdad ass up
    Donations:
    $566.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
    The title. Yes, it's a lot of work, I know.

Yes, it needs a huge player base and no we're not exactly a super cereal RP community.

Yes it would take a license otherwise Pulsar Effect would rape us for using their "copywritten gamemode" without paying for a license (which I believe somebody has.) Although I do have the files for it.

Yes it'd prob get DDoS'd and crashed lot because people are trolls and there's no way to stop it besides having a constant group of staff on the server to maintain it.

Yes depending on how many addons it has, it could take a shit load of time to DL but then again most RP players already have most of the addons used on Perp servers.

Finally yes I realize most versions of Perp are fucked up worse than Morbus (thank you Psyche for somewhat fixing it and making it work.) but maybe someone here is well versed in Lua?

Anyways, word on the street is a bunch of people would like to see Perp make a comeback here. I think it'd be kinda cool to have because of 1) if it's not a piece of shit it can get pretty populated (seen some with like 75/100 players) and 2) some of the newer addons I've seen on a couple other servers are pretty sweet (I.e a custom phone with several features like a built-in browser, custom keys that have our logo on them etc.) All the cars and extra bullshit though aren't absolutely necessary to have though. (IMO I don't think it's necessary to have 1TB of TDM/SCars/anyothercarpack on.)

Probably going to be turned down again, but what the hell, it's worth a shot especially if we got a BuildRP server.
    Raise the $100+ it costs for the license and then we'll talk about possibility of Perp coming back. Assuming the dedi can handle it, like Swede said.

If we don't pay the outrageous cost of the license, we get a hackjob knockoff that will crash and break without the possibility of repair unless someone codes the shit out of it.

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $155.00
    Quote Originally Posted by XeNo View Post
    Raise the $100+ it costs for the license and then we'll talk about possibility of Perp coming back. Assuming the dedi can handle it, like Swede said.

If we don't pay the outrageous cost of the license, we get a hackjob knockoff that will crash and break without the possibility of repair unless someone codes the shit out of it.
    So, if we donate 100$ for perp.. it's a deal?

*Takes out creditcard*

Baghdad ass up
    Donations:
    $566.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaraki View Post
    So, if we donate 100$ for perp.. it's a deal?

*Takes out creditcard*
    Careful now, put that way. Apparently every time you make that promise, something terrible happens in your life that requires large sums of money to take care of.

4. Thanked by 18 users:
    AznRule (21 Jul 2014), Banana Joe (16 Jul 2014), BoM (16 Jul 2014), capp'n (16 Jul 2014), Extreme Potatoes (17 Jul 2014), Mudkip™ (16 Jul 2014), Neptune (16 Jul 2014), Nishok (23 Jul 2014), Nuclear Onion (16 Jul 2014), PingPong (22 Jul 2014), Prez (16 Jul 2014), Sexy Fish (16 Jul 2014), ShoieP (17 Jul 2014), Spr00k (17 Jul 2014), Spyder (17 Jul 2014), Tsuna (17 Jul 2014), Vinyl (16 Jul 2014), Wertles (16 Jul 2014)

SG Addict
    Careful now, put that way. Apparently every time you make that promise, something terrible happens in your life that requires large sums of money to take care of.
    Or just nothing happens because there's nothing in the bank, because pimpin' is too hard.

also i like perp

Quote Originally Posted by Vivian556 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleSb View Post
    To be fair, I call everyone a faggot, but I'll digress.
    I love it when he calls me a faggot, tbh. 10/10

Banned

Donations:
    $110.00
    Personally don't think we have the playerbase/funds/dedi for it, so I don't really think it's a possibility ATM

SG Addict
    that darkrp server we had was mad fun
    oooooooo0o0o

SG Addict

Perp?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Swede View Post
    Yes, but back then we had a SECOND dedi, entirely dedicated only for running PERP on it. Perp is a MASSIVELY resource consuming motherfucking gamemode. It's simply not anything you guys would be able to install on the current dedi, unless you want to cause a massive lag-fest for all of the remaining servers.

I am not saying that I'm against perp. But since gmod13 was released, perp have been even more broken than before that. So besides the need of a new dedi, you have some SERIOUS repairing to do on the code. So if you guys will do this, I'd suggest you do this 100%, because perp is not something you want to give up on, due to the hefty amount of work it takes, and the resource-demands.

Tl;dr - Good luck, I support it, but I am not sure you guys realise what you would be getting in to.
    Lol I've played on shit communities where they have like 2 on one dedi and it crashes like every 30 minutes or gets DDoS'd because the people who run it are retards.

And i know most versions of Perp are fucked up beyond belief, an actual quality version is gonna be super expensive and even then still might be a bit broken. But yes if this was going to happen, it would most likely take a 2nd dedi because of how much juice it's gonna take to run.

Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    Personally don't think we have the playerbase/funds/dedi for it, so I don't really think it's a possibility ATM
    Not much of a player base is needed as, depending on how big the server is, it could populate itself. All it would need is a constant group of staff members on to watch over it and a group of regs to play/help the staff.

But yeah, right now the chance of having one is very slim, as nobody owns a license for Perp, we don't know if the dedi is strong enough to support Perp and most copies of Perp are fucked up beyond belief and would take serious optimization to be able to run let alone played. If we bought a license and found an outstanding version of Perp then we could see if it would run, but even then if XeNo and Swede both doubt that the dedi can handle it it would either take a 2nd dedi or an extremely small amount of slots.

I heard a rumor that a community member has a license, but I don't know if that's true. It may be expired (if they do expire).

But depending on how many slots there will be on it, I don't know if the dedi will be able to handle it. Evidently you and Swede think so too. But I also don't think a 2nd dedicated server is worth it for just one game mode unless there would be plans to put more servers on it.

I have a starter kit and something else for perp, I don't know if it is the Pulsar Effect version or a knockoff sadly, but if anyone with Lua knowledge would like to take a look at it I'll send them the file.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Panda

I like kitties.
    Donations:
    $307.00
    Chcekd that link out a bit and it seems fun, but can you build in it, like we can on BuildRP ?

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $50.00
    Definitely support the idea, if we can make it that'd be great, does anyone know how much is the license exactly?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental91 View Post
    Chcekd that link out a bit and it seems fun, but can you build in it, like we can on BuildRP ?
    No.

Still a fun game mode (if you're a cop ) But I still prefer SAMP. That stuff is super realisic, serious and it takes literally 15 seconds to get on any server unlike perp which if you include all the custom cars and stuff, despite being on the workshop takes years to dl.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

User Tag List