Server Administrator

SG should set up an IRC gather system

I've been playing in an Estonian gather for quite some time now, it uses a bot from OBS that let's players sign up for a gather in IRC chat, makes the teams or let's the captains pick players, records various stats and creates a ladder system. Every 2 week the top 1 or top 3 players get some nice skins as rewards. It really is a very nice and simple system for organizing gathers. All you need to do is register on quakenet and in chat with your steamID. The bot itself only needs the rcon password (I think).

The bot itself (http://www.onlinebotservices.com/?products) costs 7 eur/month, very minimal cost. Since we already have dedicated servers then we should test this out with one of them and see if people are interested. Usually adding a ladder system and rewards brings people in from outside of the community also (friends of SG members).

What do you guys think? Should SG set up a gather with a ladder system and perhaps rewards?

SG CSS Tournament:
    #1st with 0 losses
    --CS:GO LAN--
    #5-8th @ TTÜ e-Sports 2014

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $155.00
    I'd wait to see if there is a population increase. If our community grows with 5-10% population (now CS:GO is going to be a fact and we're playing TF2 again) i'd say give it a shot.

We can't throw out money now, since the donation quota can't go any higher :/

User Tag List