View Poll Results: SHOULD WE HAVE TF2 SERVERS?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

29 74.36%
  • No

10 25.64%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TF2 Servers

Banned

Trade server!

LOL jk, what a joke those are...

In all seriousness, we've already had a TF2 server. I did horrible. But as Psyche pointed out, the fact that it was balloon wars was the problem. A 24/7 instant respawn 2Fort server should do quite well in my opinion. Besides, what do we have to lose? I would totally play it.

By the way, its nice to see that these new AOs are launching a bunch of projects already. Keep up the good work!

Kooloo-Limpah
    A TF2 server would be pretty awesome. Deciding on what exactly it will be is the tricky part though, but since you said you'd be willing to work multiple servers if there was support I'll just throw out ideas.

24/7 2fort, Instant Respawn, No Random Crits, No Damage Spread

I personally loathe random crits and damage spread and think they are the worst aspects of TF2 by far. Despite this being an almost global hatred among the TF2 community it seems servers like that inevitably fail, so a compromise would be the plugin that holds a vote at the beginning of each map change/restart (I am unsure as to whether to can change this to a per-round basis).

I frequent a server with this plugin and 99% of the time random crits end up disabled. I'd claim it to be 100% because I haven't actually ever seen them win a vote, but I guess it must have happened at least once...

Payload Rotation, Stock Respawn Timer, No Random Crits, No Damage Spread

Payload in my opinion is probably the most fun game-mode to play semi-seriously (24/7 2fort servers do not exist for serious play by any stretch of the imagination). Having stock settings would make us eligible for the matchmaking system which could help with building a playerbase, but disabling random crits and damage spread is typically detrimental to that since newcomers don't normally fiddle with the filters (that or they aren't even aware of their existence), and so they end up just joining servers with those ass cancer settings enabled.

CP Rotation, Completely Stock Settings

If you want to play it incredibly safe just go for this shit. I'd recommend experimenting if there is no harm in it, but if that's not something you want to do for whatever reason then just go for this.

24/7 Hydro

Be the only server in existence to run this map and either have it become a complete success out of sheer novelty or have it turn out as a really bad and awkward joke that we'll pretend never happened.

Idle, Achievement, Trade

I don't really frequent these kinds of servers so I wouldn't know if having any of them would be a good idea, but if there are spare resources for whatever reason then I guess you could give these a shot? At the very least it will promote our community's name and might bring a few curious people into our other servers.

Oh and if something is successful then I'd recommend making an American/EU counterpart. Ain't no way in hell I'm playing on some laggyass Yank server.

3. Thanked by 1 user:
    Prez (16 Jun 2014)

Banned

Donations:
    $20.00
    yes

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $155.00
    Tf2 surf server.. Believe me.. There are enough people playing on surf/deathmatch servers

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $18.00
    Anything that can be more populated than the CS:S servers right now, which at this point could only mean a couple people.

* Have a baby with me!
    Donations:
    $35.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Huwajux;706672
    [B
    24/7 Hydro[/B]
    Be the only server in existence to run this map and either have it become a complete success out of sheer novelty or have it turn out as a really bad and awkward joke that we'll pretend never happened.
    Had to watch a video on this but this seems like a great idea as long as we only get one server. Having more than one tend to spread us across both servers and leave both half empty.

YOU CAN VOTE ONCE EVERY 24 HOUR!

8. Thanked by 1 user:
    Elemental (18 Jun 2014)

SteelSeries Represent
    Donations:
    $50.00
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilShadow98 View Post
    24/7 ctf_2fort with instant respawn is the only right answer.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I think that everyone should believe in something; I believe that I'll have another drink.

i am so thirsty for dick that i have to hide them in panda's signature just to keep the cravings down

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $50.00
    Yess full of the support pls

SG Professional
    Donations:
    $70.00
    As a big tf2 fan, we should seriously look into a payload rotation server, with the works, you know, no crits, etc. etc. I always have fun on payload servers, we could also look into a dedicated mvm server or something too. Get them donor perks going and shit for both. I've seen a highly successful VSH server, it modded the shit out of the items. Giving them bonuses, like the HOUWAR gave like a massive health, speed, and other stuff, weapons doing more damage, at the cost of other things. Like I had a scout that had ridiculous health. It was so much fun though, and always full.

Server Administrator
    Donations:
    $20.00
    I would suggest a server with various game modes such as The Hidden, Mann vs Machine, Dodgeball, Super Zombie Fortress, Fortwars...etc.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List