Donations:
    $35.00

floffypus's General Game Issues

Tech Support Help Ticket
    What general section does your problem fall under
    General Game Issues
    What is your Operating System (OS)
    Windows 7
    If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
    -
    Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
    yes
    Do you understand complex tech explanations
    No
    Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
    No
    Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
    No
    What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
    got no antivirus
    Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
    doesnt matter
    What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
    what?
    Please state your problem here
    After the champ selection in League of Legends and we are about to load the game, my screen goes complete black and stays like that for a minute or two before the im sent back the little window mode telling me to reconnect.

Subscriber
    Donations:
    $120.00
    Now I don't have that much experience with league, but you might wanna check connection stability. I don't know how long it takes before league times you out, but I'd assume in a loading screen it'd be instantly.

If possible check your connection firewall (and your computer firewall too) and try and google for whatever ports the game use and ensure they are open. If you're having a router try and connect using a Ethernet cable, it really helps on stability (if you've one).

If this doesn't work I'd first of all try to check the connection stability through cmd, see if your ping goes especially high at certain moments (trace ping or whatever it is called).
    Last edited by ExileD; 5 Jun 2014 at 07:07am. Reason: ninja edits

3. Thanked by 1 user:
    floffypus (5 Jun 2014)

SteelSeries Represent
    Donations:
    $50.00
    Is it the firewall one, the error?
    I think that everyone should believe in something; I believe that I'll have another drink.

i am so thirsty for dick that i have to hide them in panda's signature just to keep the cravings down

5. Thanked by 1 user:
    floffypus (5 Jun 2014)

* Have a baby with me!
    Donations:
    $35.00
    Quote Originally Posted by ExileD View Post
    Now I don't have that much experience with league, but you might wanna check connection stability. I don't know how long it takes before league times you out, but I'd assume in a loading screen it'd be instantly.

If possible check your connection firewall (and your computer firewall too) and try and google for whatever ports the game use and ensure they are open. If you're having a router try and connect using a Ethernet cable, it really helps on stability (if you've one).

If this doesn't work I'd first of all try to check the connection stability through cmd, see if your ping goes especially high at certain moments (trace ping or whatever it is called).
    Firewall is off, and in order to use a cable i will have to drill a hole in the sealing or have a 50-60 meter long cable stapled along the floor and walls :P

And my ping to the LoL server is around 180 and 199ms.

Maybe i should reboot the router and see if that makes it more stable.

YOU CAN VOTE ONCE EVERY 24 HOUR!

Banned

Donations:
    $15.00
    Shitty league client

Sent from my carrier pigeon

Subscriber
    Donations:
    $120.00
    Quote Originally Posted by floffypus View Post
    Firewall is off, and in order to use a cable i will have to drill a hole in the sealing or have a 50-60 meter long cable stapled along the floor and walls :P

And my ping to the LoL server is around 180 and 199ms.

Maybe i should reboot the router and see if that makes it more stable.
    Rebooting your router may work. Not sure what ping you need to reach before the game kicks you, but I don't think it'd be less than around 300. 180-199ms is pretty high though, might wanna try and see if it is possible to reduce it.

Also by saying that your firewall is off I don't hope you mean your connections firewall, because that'd make you very vulnerable to peoples hacking your connection, unless you have some kind of other security protecting your router. But I assume you mean windows firewall, which is a pain. There is a slim chance that your router of some odd reason is blocking the connection from LoL when you're attempting to join a game.

This may also be related to the ddos issues the game is having, though that shouldn't get you kicked out of every game (unless the entire server is being ddos'd but that'd cause issues for everyone). Re-installing the game is also an option, but I'd assume if the game installation is corrupt the game would completely crash, but who knows. Re-installing should however still be a last resort.

Oh and also ensure to check which kind of applications that've been installed recently, and check if any adware followed. Adware is the most common thing to cause connection issues.

I hope that you can get it to work, but I have to get off to bed I haven't slept for 16 hours. Hopefully this is fixed for you when I wake up, and hopefully it was just a matter of a router reboot.

Syracuse Orange!!!
    Donations:
    $70.00
    So it only happened once? or does it often? You say your ping is 180~ which is kinda high.. Doesnt LoL run in different realms? You cant possible be in the closest one to you.. Is it a laptop or desktop you are playing on? Wireless(I think so according to your reply)

IF I were you Iwould first try
    A)using a LoL realm/server closer to you
    B)Uninstall and reinstall your network drivers
    C)Reboot router and modem- Not sure how your setup is

LMK the wireless adapter in your comp/laptop. And the router

* Have a baby with me!
    Donations:
    $35.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Labarr View Post
    So it only happened once? or does it often? You say your ping is 180~ which is kinda high.. Doesnt LoL run in different realms? You cant possible be in the closest one to you.. Is it a laptop or desktop you are playing on? Wireless(I think so according to your reply)

IF I were you Iwould first try
    A)using a LoL realm/server closer to you
    B)Uninstall and reinstall your network drivers
    C)Reboot router and modem- Not sure how your setup is

LMK the wireless adapter in your comp/laptop. And the router
    Running it on my stationary pc, which is more than good enough to run any game, using a wifi usb adapter to connect to an extender. So that might mess up the connection and make it slower than it should be. But i never used to have this problem. Played for almost a year before it started happening.
    I reinstalled lol today and still getting the problem and im connected to EU West which is the closest one.

First game i took today, start with no issue what so ever. Second game, left me stuck at the black loading screen and it's like this everyday. First game is no problem after that it's a constant problem.
    Last edited by floffypus; 6 Jun 2014 at 03:09pm.

YOU CAN VOTE ONCE EVERY 24 HOUR!

User Tag List