Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Killing Floor 2

Banned

Donations:
    $20.00

Killing Floor 2

Full Match Gameplay video:

Paris is burning. The sky behind the Eiffel Tower glows an ominous orange through a haze of billowing smoke. Sparks and ash and scraps of paper float through the dark streets of the city, where cars and offices stand eerily abandoned.

A manhole opens. For a moment, nothing happens. And then a zed, a naked genetic freak sheathed in slimy grey skin, pops out of the hole like a horrorshow jack-in-the-box. The zed has the mind of a child. It doesn't know much, but it knows it wants to kill.

The zed manages two steps from the manhole before a stream of bullets blast it off its feet. More bullets tear into it in midair, splattering blood across the street and unburdening its gut of a generous helping of internal organs. Everyone in the dark conference room at Tripwire Interactive laughs or oohs as they watch the most complicated gore system in gaming—a gore system they've been building for Killing Floor 2 for the past two years—eviscerate the zed in a way they've never quite seen before.
    For added variety, each zed has 95 death animations divided between kill zones—the head, neck, chest, stomach, and limbs. Thanks to Killing Floor's success, Tripwire had the money to hire a mocap expert and record every zed movement at a motion capture studio in Los Angeles. Munk captured 3000 motion capture clips for the zeds, and melee attacks, and gun reloads. The once-stolid zeds that clunked around like Unreal Tournament bots are now alive, swaying and howling, lunging and beating their chests. Gollum's Andy Serkis would be proud.

Tripwire's guns, already renowned for their realism, also benefit from Killing Floor 2's focus on animation fidelity. "Guns shoot at such a high framerate, if you animate the gun at 30 frames per second, you're only going to get six frames per second when you go into slow-mo to show that gun animating," says Munk. "We started experimenting. What happens if we animate our weapons shooting at ridiculously high framerates? Using the Bullpup as an example, we animated at 242 frames per second, which gives us 22 frames per shell that ejects out of the weapons. In slow-mo you can actually see every kickback."
    Hensley opens up a co-op game lobby—an addition to KF1's classic server browser—which is quickly filled by five Tripwire testers elsewhere in the office. Most of them play with level 25 perks, KF2's new level cap. Two skills unlock every five levels, but only one can be equipped from each pair. There's always a tradeoff. The Commando has to choose between a damage boost and a skill that shows his entire team the zeds' health bars.

The new perk abilities add variety and, more importantly, a longer level curve for players to work on. In KF1, players could go months without earning a rank up, and each perk had only six ranks. "A big goal for us this time around is to make sure the endgame, playing the game for a long time, is much more entertaining and has a lot more replay value," Gibson says.
    A Teaser:

Source: http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/05/08/ki...e-system-ever/

I, for one, am very excited for this.
    Last edited by ShoieP; 28 Mar 2015 at 12:42pm.

2. Thanked by 2 users:
    Mandeemoo007 (29 Mar 2015), vorter (29 Mar 2015)

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $20.00
    I maxed out every class in the first
    I am ready for the next
    and hopefully the bring back THE GOLDEN FUCKING KATANA

he ban my accounts and make me have trouble with building blocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mean admin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Lots of hype!
    Since it's in Paris, maybe they won't have the good 'ol British call-outs.

Banned

I NEED IT. LOOKS EPIC!

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $40.00
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverBot3 View Post
    I maxed out every class in the first
    I am ready for the next
    and hopefully the bring back THE GOLDEN FUCKING KATANA
    Hey now friend, we all know that the claymore sword is what really mattered. Braveheart or go home.

SG Addict

Killing Floor 2

never played Killing Floor o-o
    Panda

Server Administrator

Donations:
    $95.00
    Maybe we should launch a server upon launch (if possible) and have someone (AO+) that is dedicated enough and willing to constantly try and improve the server in every possible way (configuration-wise) and preferably as well have some basic-knowledge regarding setting up killing floor servers to attract more players, thus a larger playerbase. Killing Floor is doing outstandingly good, and so will Killing Floor 2 (by the looks) so why not make profit of it?

"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory."

9. Thanked by 3 users:
    Bdcoll (29 Mar 2015), Sleggie (10 May 2014), vorter (29 Mar 2015)

Banned

Donations:
    $75.00
    Well killing floor 1 is still great. Cant see why this wouldn't be.

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $20.00
    YES YES YES!!! I actually have been playing KF all week.

SteelSeries Represent
    Donations:
    $50.00
    I like this, it makes my penis the big penis.
    I think that everyone should believe in something; I believe that I'll have another drink.

i am so thirsty for dick that i have to hide them in panda's signature just to keep the cravings down

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List