Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BuildRP Server

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nublife View Post
    yeah, I understand. But these are 3 popular RPservers. There's more that they don't have that many players in them
    Of course they're populated, they're the only ones that are half decent enough to have people play on them. Observe this.

Banned

nobody would play it

Banned

Bump.

* Have a baby with me!
    Donations:
    $35.00
    I too believe that a server like this wouldn't survive for long!
    Last edited by floffypus; 25 May 2014 at 03:26pm.

YOU CAN VOTE ONCE EVERY 24 HOUR!

Server Administrator

Donations:
    $95.00
    I don't see this happen tbh.

"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory."

SteelSeries Represent
    Donations:
    $50.00
    Besides the fact that SG hasn't succeeded in creating any RP server and keeping it alive for long(not to forget the shitstorm of drama), there's not really much support from the community itself on this.
    I think that everyone should believe in something; I believe that I'll have another drink.

i am so thirsty for dick that i have to hide them in panda's signature just to keep the cravings down

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Banana Joe View Post
    Besides the fact that SG hasn't succeeded in creating any RP server and keeping it alive for long(not to forget the shitstorm of drama), there's not really much support from the community itself on this.
    I'll admit that the current community doesn't like this, but there are currently people seeking for a good buildrp server. That's where "giving this a shot" comes in. Besides, if its setting up the server you're worried about, keep in mind that I've got the hard part done. It just takes a 26 slot gmod server and contacting me. If you people are worried of getting gmod people on our forums, we'll just give them a forum section, tell them that if they donate they get cool stuff and it shouldn't be too much of a bother. This isn't a huge project that should dramatically change SG either; I see this as a simple, fun, well made server where we can try something new and different and well... See where it takes us. Furthermore, servers like this survive for long.

Sorry if I repeat myself.

Spoiler

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $177.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleggie View Post
    I'll admit that the current community doesn't like this, but there are currently people seeking for a good buildrp server.
    So you're hinging this all on a completely new player base organically coming in and populating the server, without the support of the current userbase?

Besides, if its setting up the server you're worried about, keep in mind that I've got the hard part done. It just takes a 26 slot gmod server and contacting me.
    I don't think the issue is with setting up a physical server honestly. The actual setup of the DarkRP and PERP servers when we did have them went pretty well, and the current higher ups have a good bit of knowledge with it too.

If you people are worried of getting gmod people on our forums, we'll just give them a forum section, tell them that if they donate they get cool stuff and it shouldn't be too much of a bother.
    Sounds like a weak way of integrating potential new users into our community IMO. I doubt that just giving an RP server a forum section would entice them to join our forums (ie. look at our current game-server forums - they're not really used much. Who's to say that an RP one would be used by new players?)

This isn't a huge project that should dramatically change SG either; I see this as a simple, fun, well made server where we can try something new and different and well... See where it takes us.
    By your words, there's already a low bar set for this potential server. Sure it might end up being well-made, but the fact that you said that it would mostly be made up of new users finding the server randomly (as opposed to the current userbase playing a big hand in populating it, which isn't likely to happen anyways), I don't honestly see it taking us towards a successful future.

Furthermore, servers like this survive for long.
    At this point, I'm not so sure. Sorry if this whole post comes off as rude, it's just what I honestly think about this possibility.

Server Administrator
    anything but 1944 rp sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Troll
    oh and apparently the four of us is a "troll group" according to potatoes. have you seen what neptune fishey tsuna bork and rosa do? Yeah I know you have and what do you do about it? Nothing

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $155.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishey View Post
    anything but 1944 rp sucks
    What's that mate??

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

User Tag List