Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BuildRP Server

SG'S only Icelandic guy!
    Donations:
    $50.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleggie View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that you are basing your opinion on SG's previous experiences with a perp server. This is not the case. We currently have many more admins and with the anti minging addons such as gsurf, things should be a lot easier. But I totally understand your point of view.
    Not just PERP. DarkRP was a cluster fuck off things. this would work for a month or less then it would die out.

I Hate Punky!

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $155.00
    Servers like this die out pretty fast in this community. We don't have the playerbase to support the server :/

Banned

I'm about 99% sure we had this conversation on chatbox about BuildRP, but I'll explain again: if theres two expressions that don't mix at all is steamgamers and roleplay. RP, DarkRP, PERP, they were all tried and they all failed (partial exception on PERP), so I believe that build a server like buildrp (takes time plus lua can be a bitch) will not only be lauching money out of the window, but also a waste of time.

4. Thanked by 1 user:
    Moo Moo Viking (1 May 2014)

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $155.00
    Roleplaying servers aren't a good reason to stay with a community.
    The current playerbase that we have can't populate our classic servers on moments that they really need to be populated.
    Let's be smart here and just agree that there would be a decent amount of people needed online 24/7 for people to come and play on our specific server, one of many hundreds..

Let's use our free time in finding servers that could repopulate our community, but the search (CSGO Napalm, Ze, .. **cough**) will cost us effort and balls to make that risk

<3

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zaraki View Post
    Roleplaying servers aren't a good reason to stay with a community.
    The current playerbase that we have can't populate our classic servers on moments that they really need to be populated.
    Let's be smart here and just agree that there would be a decent amount of people needed online 24/7 for people to come and play on our specific server, one of many hundreds..

Let's use our free time in finding servers that could repopulate our community, but the search (CSGO Napalm, Ze, .. **cough**) will cost us effort and balls to make that risk

<3
    I agree that population is important. But can we also agree to have fun? We are currently just focusing on getting servers to populate others. But in the end, all we want is a place to relax and play. The population part in this suggestion was to add to the possibilities in could bring, in addition to an epic gaming experience that I am (and will) try to bring with this server if, of course, this idea gets accepted.

Secondly, why do we need to be an RP community? All it takes is people trying their best to keep the server healthy and 1 forum section for suggestions and stuff. Its not like we're a chain of professional darkRP servers. Its just one buildRP server. Its basically sandbox with some roleplay to give your creations a purpose. I've seen other buildRP server communities that had other servers in other games and everything was going fine. And I don't think we tried buildRP. If I am mistaken and we already did, I'm sure it wasn't these past 2 years. Now is the time to get this type of server. I know many people are getting fed up of new servers that die after a week, but Ill try my best here.

---
    my progress

Spoiler

SG Addict
    i like that idea, i hope we can get a server like this.

The underdog
    Donations:
    $55.00
    like the idea, but i doubt it will work. More people rather play new game than old game like gmod.

Best Steam mod that allows you to have custom background, steamrep and steamdatabase (http://www.enhancedsteam.com/index.php)

SG Professional
    Donations:
    $20.00
    I think we should just stick with what we have and maybe stop adding new servers.. The community isn't the same as before! so I dont think there's going to be people everyday on buildRP. But I like the idea !

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroShadow View Post
    like the idea, but i doubt it will work. More people rather play new game than old game like gmod.
    Are you saying GMod is old? If you are.... *cough* *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by nublife View Post
    I think we should just stick with what we have and maybe stop adding new servers.. The community isn't the same as before! so I dont think there's going to be people everyday on buildRP. But I like the idea !
    Unlike other game modes or games, buildRP seems to have a lot of people every day; it keeps its players. For example, here are 3 different buildRP servers

SG Professional
    Donations:
    $20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleggie View Post
    Are you saying GMod is old? If you are.... *cough* *cough*

Unlike other game modes or games, buildRP seems to have a lot of people every day; it keeps its players. For example, here are 3 different buildRP servers

yeah, I understand. But these are 3 popular RPservers. There's more that they don't have that many players in them

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

User Tag List