Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Donations:
    $15.00

Re: Elder Scrolls Online

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Yeah, it will probably but not for a long while yet, most mmos released in the past six years have said (or their fan base has said) that it will replace or kill world of warcraft... look at them now xD
    Basically this, wow is a long way off of dying.....and it will probably be heavily revamped or replaced by a sequel before it dies.

Sent from my carrier pigeon

I like kitties.
    Donations:
    $307.00
    Played 2 of the betas very near the end and sure I had some fun, but the downloadtime was WAY too long and imho it wasn't fun enough to actually pay money for.
    Not enough in the game that actually made me say " Fuck yeah, an Elder Scrolls MMO ! "
    Unfortunately, it's "just another MMO".

I'd even go as far as to say that by daring to call this game The Elder Scrolls online they've brought alot of shame to the fantastic ES series.

Subscriber
    Donations:
    $120.00
    Yeah, it will probably but not for a long while yet, most mmos released in the past six years have said (or their fan base has said) that it will replace or kill world of warcraft... look at them now xD
    Pretty much any MMO which have been said to be able to replace wow have been released largely unfinished, swtor is a perfect example. It'd the potential and if the game had at least received a proper update within reasonable time it could possibly still have competed with wow. It is the same thing with pretty much any game - quantity over quality nowadays.

A game with millions of active subscribers obviously won't die within a week or a month, it will take time, but to me releasing legit powerleveling is a sign of either.

1 - the game is losing a substantial amount of players and therefor attempting to innovate upon the grinding element in the game, which in wow's case I doubt would work especially in such a cheap way.

2 - blizzard is getting more money whoring than ever before, ultimately turning the game into a pay2win game. Which, in my opinion, will result in dead after a couple of years.

---

And it is likely that blizzard will attempt to make a sequel to the game, I however doubt that blizzard would be capable of making a successor to wow. A sequel to wow would have billions of insane expectations to live up to.

I realize how off-topic this could be considered - but wow is a relevant topic to any new mmo, especially mmo's whom goes for the monthly pay thing. As long as wow lives, I doubt any new mmo will ever have the chance to go for the monthly pay structure.

SG Addict

Donations:
    $50.00
    I don't know about losing players, they have definitely lost alot of subscribers than what they used to have but I'm pretty I remember seeing somewhere they gained a substantial amount of subscribers during the mists of pandaria expansion release. Blizzard are also developing a new MMO called Titan or something.

Banned

Donations:
    $15.00
    I don't know about losing players, they have definitely lost alot of subscribers than what they used to have but I'm pretty I remember seeing somewhere they gained a substantial amount of subscribers during the mists of pandaria expansion release. Blizzard are also developing a new MMO called Titan or something.
    were you drunk when you wrote this?

SG Addict

Donations:
    $50.00
    possibly

7. Thanked by 1 user:
    BoM (23 Apr 2014)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List