Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Server Administrator

Donations:
    $95.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Except what I was saying was what I actually thought. I haven't even looked at the pic/thread since I started this thread. But by all means, claim you were first.... for whatever reason this is for.

Anyway, the maps are going to be reduced, as is the pick size. I'm not putting like 5 maps on the end vote as that is just silly. As much as people hate playing overplayed maps, there are some maps that empty the server despite them being uncommon and perhaps 'new'. This is because people FUCKING PLAY THE MAPS THAT ARE OVERPLAYED FOR A FUCKING REASON.

And yes, the voting system prevents the previous 5 maps being played so there is no way in hell the same maps get played in rotation, as you can see from my stats.

I'm working pretty much all this week, and I can never be bothered to do SG work after I get home unless the day was easy enough. If possible, could someone compile a list of all the maps that should definitely get removed. They're all in my post, most played to least. Obviously start at the bottom and work your way through if you want to bother.
    Maps that should definitely be removed are marked in red, those that should remain on the rotation are marked in green, and those I simply have no opinion about are marked in orange.

• cs_island_b2 - The thunder sounds are really obnoxious, the map is nothing special really. Think we should just stick to dm_island, if we were to have one island map.
    • ttt_amsterville_final2 - While I'm not a fan of this map myself, the majority of the server still seems to enjoy it. I find the map difficult to navigate myself in, and rounds could take ages due to that.
    • de_spooky - Doesn't get enjoyed by the majority, and doesnt'add much to the server.
    • ttt_bb_suburbia_b3 - Seems to work out really well whenever it does get played, don't see any reason as to why it should be removed.
    • ttt_cluedo_b5_improved1 - I've never heard anyone complain about the map whenever it gets played, it works fine and should remain in the rotation.
    • ttt_construction - People don't seem to enjoy the way this map is build, it mostly consists of several floors only and people seem to be too focused on the objective rather than the actual game.
    • ttt_metropolis_v2 - Pretty bad map, it's attempt to clone the other rooftop map seemed to have failed horribly and this one isn't ever being voted for.
    • ttt_stadium_v2 - Boring stadium, nothing special and should do no harm when it's being removed.
    • ttt_wintermansion_beta2 - This one used to be enjoyed A LOT in the past, and still is but just doens't get voted as often anymore. Keep it.
    • ttt_stalingrad_v1 - While I appreciate the work Dirk has done regarding this map, it consists of nothing but empty building, really small and is just a clusterfuck when played with a filled server.
    • ttt_projectsuburb_final - Despite from the download size being big, the map is REALLY enjoyable when it gets played and it's really worth downloading.
    • ttt_orange_v7 - The map never really has gotten the chance to be played properly, it barely gets voten and I personally think it should be played more before deciding to remove it.
    • ttt_parkhouse - Also one of the maps that used to be enjoyed by the majority, we even played it a few times the past few days again and it fits really well.
    • ttt_inception_office_re - HOR-RI-BLE. It's one big maze where I always seem to get lost, buying a radar as a T should help you a little but navigating your way through the map is a pain in the ass.
    • ttt_fallout - The size is fine, the way it's build is fine and I personally never experienced any issues with this map, keep it.
    • ttt_castle_2011_v3_night - This one was horrible and still is horrible, not even sure why it's still on the server.
    • de_nuclear_fusion_beta - Nice map, but it seems too big for our server rounds take too long and the download time is kinda meh as well. Not worth it imo.
    • cs_homegrown - One of my favorite maps, at least in the past it was. Also barely gets played nowadays, but doesn't really deserve to be removed this one should stay.
    • de_port - The map has always worked out really well, and don't see a reason why it shouldn't be on the rotation anymore.
    • ttt_canyon_a4_sgedit - Works fine, just doesn't get played as often as it used to be in the past.
    • ttt_cs_crystal_lake - Still gets played regularly, and most of the regs seem to enjoy it.
    • ttt_nexus_final - I honestly think this is one of the maps that I never liked and probably never will. This is a personal opinion though, but IMO it should be removed.
    • ttt_tundra - Requested by myself, but turns out to be bad.
    • de_haunts - This also gets played/voted on regularly and should stay.
    • ttt_enclave_b1 - In between yes and no. The map is fine, but I don't like the whole underground area. And not to forget the texture/model issues people get that don't own certain games.
    • de_datacenter_v2 - Nope. Only consists of empty floors and doesn't really have too much in the map that would make it enjoyable for the players.
    • de_lost2 - It's a bit big yes, but it's fun to play and I never experienced any issues or complaints.
    • de_korpisauna_v1_1 - Doesn't get played too often but is really build well, should remain on the rotation for now.
    • de_tegea_css_final - This map should stick to CS:S only as it doesn't really fit in TTT.
    • ttt_cloverfield - The map is fine, but barely gets played. Would be nice to keep this one for the variations though!
    • ttt_forest_final - Works out for a smaller population, but as well for a bigger one.
    • ttt_nightmare_church_b3 - Nah, played it several times but isn't too enjoying.
    • ttt_town_b1 - Ehh? I don't think I've ever played this one, keep it on for now so we can play it a bit more often before making any decisions to remove it.
    • cs_harborbank - Keep it, it's not one of the favorite maps but it is fun to play and good for the variations at times.
    • de_3rdstreet_ukcs - Loved this map back when it was a zombie map, but don't think it really fits in our TTT server. Not to mention no one ever seems interested to play it.
    • de_brat_za_brata_2 - Seems okay really, nothing negative nor positive to add.
    • de_feat - Decent size, really fits in well.
    • de_nightfever - It was okay back in the days, but shouldn't remain any longer on the rotation.
    • zm_countrytrain_b4 - It's fine, the objectives aren't really an issue as it barely gets completed anyway, and it still gets voted regularly.
    • ttt_plaza_b7 - Still gets played from time to time, and the map works out well.
    • ttt_establishment - After playing it a couple of times, I must say; it's really bad. Horribly optimized, and just isn't as good as most of our maps.
    • de_rimini - Noooo, don't remove the church. While we don't play this one too much anymore, it used to be played A LOT. It's enjoyable and should stay on the server.
    • ttt_scarisland_b1 - Naw, let's just stick to dm_island. The tunnel system under water is just annoying to even reach a player, to then find out he's blocking you with a prop at the breathing space, ending up killing you.
    • ttt_thething_b3fix - Doesn't get played as often, but it used to be good and I still think it is.
    • ttt_woodedwidow_b7 - The map size is fine, and it's good enough for the variation.
    • de_outlaws -
    • ttt_castle_2011_v3_day - Just as horrible as the night version, nothing else to add.
    • ttt_district_a5 - Keep this one! It's a classic one, just doesn't get played nowadays.
    • ttt_enclave_b3 - Same opinion as for b1.
    • ttt_foundation - Is really fun, and is different compared to most maps.
    • ttt_icebreaker_finak_fix - It's just, tooo... big. Rounds take ages. The map itself is nice, but it just doesn't work out well.
    • ttt_infini_b5 - We played it a couple days ago and I forgot how fun the map was, this one should stay for real.

Note to yourselves; This is based on personal experiences, therefore a personal opinion regarding the maps. If you think otherwise don't hesitate to post a list yourself.
    Last edited by Paralyzed; 17 Apr 2014 at 10:23am.

"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory."

2. Thanked by 1 user:
    Extreme Potatoes (21 Apr 2014)

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $20.00
    normal maps from css require something special to stand out so imo they should be the first to go

otherwise I pretty much agree with paralyzed

Banned

Donations:
    $75.00
    yeah castle 2011 is flat out terrible.

Banned

Imo, spooky should stay. We've had some fun on it.

SG Professional
    Donations:
    $55.00
    100% agree with Para's list

Technical Administrator
    Donations:
    $3936.00
    Currently removed maps based on paras list:

ttt_enclave_b1 - just kept b3 on instead
    ttt_icebreaker_final_fix - too big
    ttt_castle_2011_v3_day - shit
    ttt_castle_2011_v3_night - shit
    ttt_establishment - looks shit
    de_3rdstreet_ukcs - boring
    de_tegea_css_final - no idea wtf this map is but whatever it's gone
    ttt_nightmare_church_b3 - not really designed for ttt anyway
    ttt_tundra - meh
    de_nuclear_fusion_beta - meh
    ttt_metropolis_v2 - meh
    ttt_inception_office_re - i added it, i removed it
    de_datacenter_v2 - meh

The one's in red that I didn't remove I don't feel need removed just yet. There are however some in green that I think need to be removed regardless of how good they are such as:

ttt_woodedwidow_b7
    de_lost2
    de_outlaws

57 maps currently in rotation. I aim to remove at least another 7.
    Last edited by Spartan; 21 Apr 2014 at 07:12am.

8. Thanked by 1 user:
    Motox (22 Apr 2014)

Server Administrator

Donations:
    $95.00
    Currently removed maps based on paras list:

ttt_enclave_b1 - just kept b3 on instead
    ttt_icebreaker_final_fix - too big
    ttt_castle_2011_v3_day - shit
    ttt_castle_2011_v3_night - shit
    ttt_establishment - looks shit
    de_3rdstreet_ukcs - boring
    de_tegea_css_final - no idea wtf this map is but whatever it's gone
    ttt_nightmare_church_b3 - not really designed for ttt anyway
    ttt_tundra - meh
    de_nuclear_fusion_beta - meh
    ttt_metropolis_v2 - meh
    ttt_inception_office_re - i added it, i removed it
    de_datacenter_v2 - meh

The one's in red that I didn't remove I don't feel need removed just yet. There are however some in green that I think need to be removed regardless of how good they are such as:

ttt_woodedwidow_b7
    de_lost2
    de_outlaws

I see I skipped de_outlaws, but yeah I agree that the map should be removed. I don't really mind ttt_woodedwidow_b7, but de_lost2 is the only one I'd like to see remain on the map rotation.

"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory."

SG Professional
    Donations:
    $55.00

de_lost2

Anything but lost. D:

SG Professional
    Donations:
    $20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
    Anything but lost. D:
    I agree with himm D:

Technical Administrator
    Donations:
    $3936.00
    You guys say keep lost, yet you don't even say why. It's nothing special other than the blinding white light which removes all dead bodies which is pretty op. There's also a random black smoke cloud that pushes people and gives the possibility of randomly dying to it. Overall it's not that great and not played that much.

More maps removed:

ttt_stadium_v2
    ttt_scarisland_b1

Maps I think should be removed:

ttt_projectsuburbs_final - I removed this for a reason. It's a big download, not that popular, kills the server, pretty dull in terms of 'TTTness' (open outdoor area and houses at the side in a small L shape map) and so on. It's not that great and should be removed if you ask me.

ttt_thething_b3fix - Although this map is decent (and was at one point the default map), it's big, it's unplayed, it's buggy, it's full of potential to rdm. The dynamite is an easy way for people to lose karma, or for people to just quickly win the round without much effort. The UFO objective is pointless as nobody ever gets to do it in time. The underground is easy to camp and drags out rounds so much. Overall, it should go.

cs_island_b2 - Frankly I like this map. It is slightly small but the fog makes it somewhat better . You can't see who's killing who unless you're close enough which allows the TTT element to come in. There's plenty of areas to go, but it's certainly a map that could be removed if enough support was given. People can drift out into the sea and not be found for a while. The fog can also work as a hindrance to killing as in you MUST be close to your target otherwise you can't see them. This removes any long range potential such as sniping or binoculars.
    Last edited by Spartan; 25 Apr 2014 at 08:01pm.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List