Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    SG Addict

Map rotation thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dirkjr View Post
    I agree that there are many maps on the rotation which should be removed but I also firmly believe that as long as they do not negatively affect gameplay/server population then there isn't any real reason to remove them.
    Dis. The only maps that are underplayed and should get removed are the super big ones that take 10 minutes to download and kill the server when picked. *cough* project suburbs *cough*

But also what sleggie said: just have a poll and let people vote for 3-4 maps to stay.
    Panda

SG Addict
    brazil hue hue heu hue hue hue huehue hue hue huehue hue hue huehue hue hue huehue hue hue huehue hu
    Donations:
    $20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasu View Post
    amsterville is good but rounds can get long which might kill the server.

cluedo is fine and would maybe get played more if people even knew it existed

the suburb map with the traitor/innocent objective is fine though i do not remember which one of these it is

de_port is real nice

canyon is ok and used to be played a lot

nexus is fun

enclave is good but the fixed version that is on the server is a bit buggy

countrytrain is same as amsterville (there's 2 countrytrains on the list)

thething is just good but others don't seem to share my view

district is really good and would probably get played more if people knew the map and recognized the name
    I agree.

I think the suburb map is project suburb and that map is cool as shit but I heard something about download time taking forever cause it's such a big map but it's a lot of fun if players are willing to wait a few minutes to download a map.

Cloverfield is awesome
    Scarisland is pretty fun though it doesn't seem played much
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWarriorOfFrost View Post
    fyi i would not be stopped from being a dick in general from video games it would video games not game just from this server on this one game on this account

SG Addict

Donations:
    $50.00
    thething is awesome, it just doesn't look good because poor map visual design but it still plays well.

Baghdad ass up
    Donations:
    $566.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Statistics DO NOT LIE.
    This is literally stealing from us.

http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54669

5. Thanked by 2 users:
    Banana Joe (16 Apr 2014), Sleggie (16 Apr 2014)

Banned

Donations:
    $15.00

Re: Map rotation thread

Quote Originally Posted by XeNo View Post
    Omg. I almost cared for a second

Sent from my carrier pigeon

SG Professional
    Donations:
    $55.00
    24/7 Minecraft.

maybehewasmaybehewasmaybe
    is there a way to adjust the map vote like on CSS MG/PB where theres like 5 maps to choose from and recent maps cant be voted for? when you're presented with like 15 maps to vote on, I feel like people will look for the names that are familiar and click on those. hard to get a majority vote on unfamiliar maps when that happens.

also, yes please make the default post-crash map something other than borders. borders makes me cry.

9. Thanked by 1 user:
    Sleggie (17 Apr 2014)

Server Administrator

Donations:
    $95.00
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdWar View Post
    is there a way to adjust the map vote like on CSS MG/PB where theres like 5 maps to choose from and recent maps cant be voted for? when you're presented with like 15 maps to vote on, I feel like people will look for the names that are familiar and click on those. hard to get a majority vote on unfamiliar maps when that happens.
    Exactly this. If there is a way so that we can only have 5 maps show up on the vote, there will be A LOT more variation than whenever we have 15-20 maps show up that people can choose from. Because I do notice that whenever a map is in the previous map vote, it won't show up in the next but once another map votes shows up it's back in the list again. So people can simply rotate the maps with their most favorite ones over and over again.

"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory."

Technical Administrator
    Donations:
    $3936.00
    Quote Originally Posted by XeNo View Post
    Except what I was saying was what I actually thought. I haven't even looked at the pic/thread since I started this thread. But by all means, claim you were first.... for whatever reason this is for.

Anyway, the maps are going to be reduced, as is the pick size. I'm not putting like 5 maps on the end vote as that is just silly. As much as people hate playing overplayed maps, there are some maps that empty the server despite them being uncommon and perhaps 'new'. This is because people FUCKING PLAY THE MAPS THAT ARE OVERPLAYED FOR A FUCKING REASON.

And yes, the voting system prevents the previous 5 maps being played so there is no way in hell the same maps get played in rotation, as you can see from my stats.

I'm working pretty much all this week, and I can never be bothered to do SG work after I get home unless the day was easy enough. If possible, could someone compile a list of all the maps that should definitely get removed. They're all in my post, most played to least. Obviously start at the bottom and work your way through if you want to bother.
    Last edited by Spartan; 17 Apr 2014 at 08:20am.

Banned

What about the voting idea?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List