Handsome and Wealthy
    Donations:
    $570.00

The Pacific and Band of Brothers Comparison

Well, my teacher had put on Band of Brothers in class today, and I remembered my addiction to that series. During the middle of it, my friend turns his chair around and was telling me about The Pacific, which is another TV series produced by Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg. I've heard mixed reviews of the series, some saying it is on par with Band of Brothers, others saying it is no where near as good.

As for Band of Brothers, although it is sorta old, it still has to be my favorite TV series. The way they portray the diversity of each of the characters is fabulous. From the harsh actions of Captain Sobel to the leadership qualities of 2nd Lieutenant Winters, this by far, showed the most diversity within a group of characters that I've ever seen. Completely love this series.

Feel free to post your thoughts about The Pacific, Band of Brothers, or the comparison of both!

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by TheVirus View Post
    Can we skip the SA bullshit and just make him an AO?

Server Administrator
    Donations:
    $30.00
    I feel that the pacific is directed more towards the people who liked constant action. There was not to many moments that didn't have action. Also i feel The pacific portrayed the emotional effect the war had on soldiers through various scenes and how terrible the actual combat was. Also for obvious reasons it is more appealing to the eye. However, i felt that is was very short series compared to the band of brothers(I'm not sure how these actually compare like hour v hour wise). In addition, The pacific was more so focused on one character and what he went through.

Band of brothers is a favorite of mine. As you said the characters in band of brothers are very memorable. This series showed more leadership than the Pacific. It also showed more natural conversation between soldiers in their down time like training or waiting to board planes to invade. It also(if i remember correctly) went a little into a few of the characters personal lives, which i thought was a nice thing to add because it helped you know the character better.

I do feel though the band of brothers is the better series again this is just my personal opinion.
    Last edited by Jake; 31 Mar 2014 at 08:22pm.

Hurt Feelings Police
    Donations:
    $5.00
    The Japanese really make this one great. Their fanatical dedication to their country makes for a lot more brutal battles and psychologically scarred marines.

Skip to 3:37, also spoilers.

The scenes outside of the fighting were also pretty entertaining.
    Last edited by SilentGuns; 2 Apr 2014 at 02:46pm.

User Tag List