View Poll Results: Should we get an Insurgency server?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 60.00%
  • No

8 40.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Handsome and Wealthy
    Donations:
    $570.00

Insurgency Server

As some of you may know, Insurgency came out almost 2 weeks ago. Since then, it has become a growing game, with a lot of pretty good reviews. This game is growing, and deserves more attention then it already has. So far, the trailers have displayed this as a mind-blowing FPS. Some people described the multiplayer as a similar multiplayer style such as some of the Counter-Strike games. I believe if we had a server for this game, it would be very successful. Currently, the game is on Steam for $15.

Here are some trailers of the game itself:

Also, I added a video of the multiplayer gameplay:

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by TheVirus View Post
    Can we skip the SA bullshit and just make him an AO?

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $40.00
    I've seen gameplay of this before, and also seen it up on the steam homepage several times. It definitely does have a Counter-Strike resemblance in it and seeing how we are a primarily CS based community I think a server for this fast-growing game would be a good addition to SG. If an SG server goes up, I'll definitely buy the game for myself.

Banned

Donations:
    $20.00
    I've played this when it was still a 'mod'.
    It was fun but never warranted a return of any sort.
    Nevertheless, SG is looking for some new servers to get, right?
    I think this could be one of them. It's a new game and could draw in some more players to the community.
    Last edited by ShoieP; 4 Feb 2014 at 10:00pm.

SG Addict
    Sure does look like a very entertaining game and would be good boost to our servers, if we were to have one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unnamed Newbie View Post
    hey never forget the guy who permed omarfire back in 2012.

MY MOTO

Once you go black, you never go back.

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $177.00
    Looks pretty nice, could make an awesome server. :D

SG Addict

Donations:
    $1.00
    I think we should get a count of how many people in SG actually currently play or would be willing to play this game before we actually invest in it. As far as I know, nobody in this thread actually has the game right now, and nobody really bothered regularly playing the mod before the standalone came out.

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $155.00
    So how much will it cost to play this game?
    After buying Rust and Starbound without playing them, i'll wait until there is an actual server and it's filled up instead of beeing one of the first to notice that it's a waste of money. It's 15$, not a cheap game for most of the people :/

I mean, we have 5 people (including me) who are saying "yes". I feel we go too lightly over the point of us saying "yeah make the server", because maybe 2 people are going to buy the game and maybe 1 will try to populate the server.

I think that we should have atleast enough people with the game to fill the server (like 20) before we can create a community suggestion to make one..
    Because at the moment, this server has no chance of existing

So, who has the game already?
    This is a build-up from what harro said, because it's obvious to state that this is no way of trying to create a server.

I think that the higher-ups should create a pre-set form to ask a server creation and ask for atleast 10 names that have the game, if you don't have those.. It's pretty much said
    Last edited by Zaraki; 5 Feb 2014 at 01:45am.

8. Thanked by 1 user:
    Spyder (5 Feb 2014)

SG Addict

Insurgency Server

Quote Originally Posted by Zaraki View Post
    So how much will it cost to play this game?
    After buying Rust and Starbound without playing them, i'll wait until there is an actual server and it's filled up instead of beeing one of the first to notice that it's a waste of money. It's 15$, not a cheap game for most of the people :/

I mean, we have 5 people (including me) who are saying "yes". I feel we go too lightly over the point of us saying "yeah make the server", because maybe 2 people are going to buy the game and maybe 1 will try to populate the server.

I think that we should have atleast enough people with the game to fill the server (like 20) before we can create a community suggestion to make one..
    Because at the moment, this server has no chance of existing

So, who has the game already?
    This is a build-up from what harro said, because it's obvious to state that this is no way of trying to create a server.

I think that the higher-ups should create a pre-set form to ask a server creation and ask for atleast 10 names that have the game, if you don't have those.. It's pretty much said
    Agreed^ the only problem I have/that I can see is what Zaraki said. Maybe a few people will buy the game and 1 or 2 people will try to populate the server.

This happened with our Rust server, a whole bunch of people played it at first and now nobody does. It's all because we had maybe 5-10 people trying to populate it and there were 100 slots. Then eventually after days trying to populate it, everyone got tired and burned out from the game so people stopped playing the server, and newcomers see a 100 slot server with only 10 people and they go to a different one.

TL;DR Everyone gave up after being killed a bunch of times and now it's dead.
    Panda

10. Thanked by 1 user:
    Zaraki (5 Feb 2014)

Subscriber
    Donations:
    $120.00
    But haven't Insurgency been out for years? Now ima confused. I am torn between a yes and no since I am in doubt that the server ever will be populated, honestly I don't think I would play it too much.

Handsome and Wealthy
    Donations:
    $570.00
    Quote Originally Posted by ExileD View Post
    But haven't Insurgency been out for years? Now ima confused. I am torn between a yes and no since I am in doubt that the server ever will be populated, honestly I don't think I would play it too much.
    It was a HL2 mod before it become a standalone.

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by TheVirus View Post
    Can we skip the SA bullshit and just make him an AO?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List