Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SG Addict

Star Wars 1313 Trademark Abandoned by Disney

But Motox that was the whole point of some of those. To give players an experience BESIDES having lightsabers and the force and being able to walk through hundreds of enemies. I personally loved RC. Even some of the flying SW games.

But that's what DICE is trying to accomplish. Battlefront hasn't been touched in years, and I'd LOVE for another Battlefront game. Especially on my next gens! I really hope they go through with Battlefront 3. If you guys haven't seen the Battlefront 3 teaser, check it out here! It looks sexy

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f_vWs6MpBfo
    Panda

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $40.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
    But Motox that was the whole point of some of those. To give players an experience BESIDES having lightsabers and the force and being able to walk through hundreds of enemies. I personally loved RC. Even some of the flying SW games.

But that's what DICE is trying to accomplish. Battlefront hasn't been touched in years, and I'd LOVE for another Battlefront game. Especially on my next gens! I really hope they go through with Battlefront 3. If you guys haven't seen the Battlefront 3 teaser, check it out here! It looks sexy

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f_vWs6MpBfo
    Definitely true, and it looks great but from what I know with DICE it's going to be an overuse of lens flares and at least 10 DICE easter eggs a map. I don't have a problem with it to be honest, but I feel that they're more focused on themselves rather than the actual game. I feel like they're only using the big name, and the huge fan base of the SW Game saga to support their own personal-gain. Imo, such a classic and memorable game shouldn't be given off to a company who re-makes the same game every year with enhanced graphics and more larger environments.

But the good thing with DICE is that they make the game fair to all players, so I think they'd even out the odds for when you become the special character like jedi/sith. From my experience it was an extreme annoyance to deal with those guys.

I'm skeptical now, but the development of the game looks like it'll be an enjoyable experience so far. I'm just really dissapointed in the scrapping of the 1313 project.

SG Addict

Star Wars 1313 Trademark Abandoned by Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Motox View Post
    Definitely true, and it looks great but from what I know with DICE it's going to be an overuse of lens flares and at least 10 DICE easter eggs a map. I don't have a problem with it to be honest, but I feel that they're more focused on themselves rather than the actual game. I feel like they're only using the big name, and the huge fan base of the SW Game saga to support their own personal-gain. Imo, such a classic and memorable game shouldn't be given off to a company who re-makes the same game every year with enhanced graphics and more larger environments.

But the good thing with DICE is that they make the game fair to all players, so I think they'd even out the odds for when you become the special character like jedi/sith. From my experience it was an extreme annoyance to deal with those guys.

I'm skeptical now, but the development of the game looks like it'll be an enjoyable experience so far. I'm just really dissapointed in the scrapping of the 1313 project.
    Kinda sad how the part about remaking the same game but with larger environments and enhanced graphics is oh so fucking true. (To the idiots, he means Battlefield.)

But yes, I too am very disappointed and even confused about why they scrapped it when they were pretty far into development of it. If you've seen IGN's video of it, even they say "wouldn't it be more cost efficient to finish the game and put it out there then to scrap it?"
    Panda

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $40.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
    Kinda sad how the part about remaking the same game but with larger environments and enhanced graphics is oh so fucking true. (To the idiots, he means Battlefield.)

But yes, I too am very disappointed and even confused about why they scrapped it when they were pretty far into development of it. If you've seen IGN's video of it, even they say "wouldn't it be more cost efficient to finish the game and put it out there then to scrap it?"
    The thing with Disney is that money is not a problem, but they act like it is and they just completely subside their marketing in the process. They buy what they can, but then they don't know how to handle what they got. They don't have any experience with big franchises like Star Wars, or Marvel. For god sakes, they remade stories from the Grimms Brothers Storybook and turned them into kid's tales. They're community perspective is strayed from what it needs to be, and to be honest I don't think they even care.

Banned

Donations:
    $75.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Motox View Post
    Well since EA has rights to the next decade of star wars games, including BioWare and DICE, that caused a lot of the conflict. 1313 looked like a great Third Person Shooter for the SW game saga, I mean the only ones that really strayed away from the whole Jedi or Sith based RPG gameplay were Republic Commando, Dark Forces, and Starfighter. It would've been nice to see a more up-to-date kind of these games for this saga.
    Don't forget episode 1 racer. Tell me you don't want a new one of those. Actually, a lot of games don't fit that formula. Shadows of the Empire for one.

6. Thanked by 1 user:
    Motox (22 Jan 2014)

SG Regular
    Donations:
    $25.00
    The issue with Battlefront 3 being released by DICE is that it's an EA company, and we all know how EA games of late have been (BF4).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List