SG Professional
    Donations:
    $2.00

Spr00ktheNurd's Other Issues(please be detailed)

Tech Support Help Ticket
    What general section does your problem fall under
    Other Issues(please be detailed)
    What is your Operating System (OS)
    Windows 7
    If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
    -
    Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
    -
    Do you understand complex tech explanations
    No
    Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
    Yes
    Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
    Yes
    What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
    Norton Internet Security
    Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
    Me
    What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
    n/a
    Please state your problem here
    When ever I close google chrome and try to open it up again it wont. I have no why this is happening and it just started about 2 days ago. The only way to open chrome again is by logging off my user or restarting my PC. I can open it when I log in and even open new windows, but after a while if I close all the windows out and try to open it again I can't.

Banned

Donations:
    $15.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Spr00ktheNurd View Post
    Tech Support Help Ticket
    What general section does your problem fall under
    Other Issues(please be detailed)
    What is your Operating System (OS)
    Windows 7
    If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
    -
    Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
    -
    Do you understand complex tech explanations
    No
    Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
    Yes
    Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
    Yes
    What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
    Norton Internet Security
    Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
    Me
    What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
    n/a
    Please state your problem here
    When ever I close google chrome and try to open it up again it wont. I have no why this is happening and it just started about 2 days ago. The only way to open chrome again is by logging off my user or restarting my PC. I can open it when I log in and even open new windows, but after a while if I close all the windows out and try to open it again I can't.

r00d b*****
    Oh norton

SG Professional
    Donations:
    $2.00
    Norton isn't the problem

Subscriber
    Donations:
    $120.00
    A free antivirus is better than Norton... Assuming this isn't caused by Norton (though I doubt it), re-install chrome.

Also, would be helpful to know if you've the same problem with other browsers.

EDIT: Oh yea, did you install any new games and/or programs prior to this happening? If you did try and check the installer by running it again whetever or not it installs any kind of adware. Because in that case you need to get rid of them, adware can cause a wide variety of issues and this could seem like it is caused by some kind of adware not working properly and therefor it causes chrome to crash.

SG Professional
    Donations:
    $2.00
    Quote Originally Posted by ExileD View Post
    A free antivirus is better than Norton... Assuming this isn't caused by Norton (though I doubt it), re-install chrome.

Also, would be helpful to know if you've the same problem with other browsers.

EDIT: Oh yea, did you install any new games and/or programs prior to this happening? If you did try and check the installer by running it again whetever or not it installs any kind of adware. Because in that case you need to get rid of them, adware can cause a wide variety of issues and this could seem like it is caused by some kind of adware not working properly and therefor it causes chrome to crash.
    Well there was a google chrome update a couple days back but I don't know if that is messing it up. There is also this thing on my PC that I can't uninstall no matter what I do. It's called Search Protect and I know what it is. I have download programs to help me uninstall it but nothing works. I don't know if that could be causing the problem as well because it has been in my PC for about 2 month and my chrome problem only started around friday.

EDIT: I re-installed chrome before making this thread.
    Last edited by Spr00k; 18 Jan 2014 at 09:55pm.

Banned

Donations:
    $75.00
    That search protect sounds like malware. If you have that chances are you have malware affecting your browser. Browser hi-jacking malware is often really hard to get rid of. I suggest you install and run malwarebytes anti-malware if you haven't already. If that doesn't work spybot S&D might help. If that fails you will probably have to narrow down which piece of malware you are infected with and either attempt a manual removal (not as hard as it sounds) or use whatever is know to kill it.

Open task manager and see if there are some strange processes (ones you haven't seen before) or ones named with random digits.

You might also try disabling all your browser plugins and see if that fixes it.

Its possible that some other problem is causing this but I cant say off hand what it might be.

8. Thanked by 1 user:
    Spr00k (19 Jan 2014)

SG Professional
    Donations:
    $2.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirkjr View Post
    That search protect sounds like malware. If you have that chances are you have malware affecting your browser. Browser hi-jacking malware is often really hard to get rid of. I suggest you install and run malwarebytes anti-malware if you haven't already. If that doesn't work spybot S&D might help. If that fails you will probably have to narrow down which piece of malware you are infected with and either attempt a manual removal (not as hard as it sounds) or use whatever is know to kill it.

Open task manager and see if there are some strange processes (ones you haven't seen before) or ones named with random digits.

You might also try disabling all your browser plugins and see if that fixes it.

Its possible that some other problem is causing this but I cant say off hand what it might be.
    Thanks alot dirk that anti-malware seem to do the trick. This can be moved to fixed/resolved problems.

Banned

Donations:
    $15.00
    LONG STORY SHORT: Norton sucks. :D

Banned

Avast! Norton sucks.

User Tag List