Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TTT Naming Rule

SG Addict
    brazil hue hue heu hue hue hue huehue hue hue huehue hue hue huehue hue hue huehue hue hue huehue hu
    Donations:
    $20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by XeNo View Post
    I added it, because we have punished for names that lead to disruption of the game in the past.

If you say "An unidentified body is a traitor" on the mic, obviously it's no issue. Those without mics that rely on TTT's "radio" commands, it looks like they're just calling a dead body on the ground a traitor. Not to mention someone with that name could easily be false KOS'd because of someone calling an unided body a traitor.

As far as "This guy" or "That guy" it's up for debate, but I don't think they should be allowed either for the exact same reasons.

If your idea of fun in TTT is causing people to cause miscommunication amongst Innocents of who the traitor is, thus leading to more than likely a few RDMs, you should probably find something else fun to do in TTT.
    All the time I've been playing TTT that's never actually been an issue. If it has and someone was RDM'd, it was usually just blown off as no big deal because you know, whatever, it's a game. More fun has been had with those names than harm as far as I've seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWarriorOfFrost View Post
    fyi i would not be stopped from being a dick in general from video games it would video games not game just from this server on this one game on this account

Technical Administrator
    Donations:
    $3936.00
    People that have no name or an unpronounceable name, yes. If you are literally unable to identify a person (except for disguiser) then it's a simple case of warning them to change it or else get kicked.

As far as a name that is similar to another, I don't get why people can't just figure out to say "It's the guy called _______" rather than "It's bobby" (if there are multiple bobbys) and get everyone confused.

At the very least, such a blanket rule on the issue makes it even more of an issue. As usual, admin discretion on whether a name is interfering with the game should be enough.

Kooloo-Limpah
    I added it, because we have punished for names that lead to disruption of the game in the past.
    I've only ever seen this done for names like the bobby example or for blank names. Admin discretion will solve this.

If you say "An unidentified body is a traitor" on the mic, obviously it's no issue. Those without mics that rely on TTT's "radio" commands, it looks like they're just calling a dead body on the ground a traitor. Not to mention someone with that name could easily be false KOS'd because of someone calling an unided body a traitor.
    Well since the suitzoom command provide claims with the perpetrator's name both at the start and end of sentences, it's pretty easy to tell if someone has a fake 'unidentified body' name (e.g. "An unidentified body is a traitor!" may be confusing, but "I'm with An unidentified body" is easy to tell it's just a joke name). As for someone being KoS'd for calling out someone with that type of name...I don't think I've ever seen that ever happen ever. Admin discretion will also solve this anyway.

As far as "This guy" or "That guy" it's up for debate, but I don't think they should be allowed either for the exact same reasons.
    "This guy" and "That guy" are not words that are a part of the suitzoom function, and therefore cause no issues. As I've already said, those names have only ever caused problems when the entire server decides to jump on the bandwagon, and that is extremely rare. Admin discretion will solve this too.

If your idea of fun in TTT is causing people to cause miscommunication amongst Innocents of who the traitor is, thus leading to more than likely a few RDMs, you should probably find something else fun to do in TTT.
    Except it doesn't. It's just funny to hear people say those kinds of names.

I also put this rule in because of the 3-4 regs who joined our TTT server with a blank name so no one could call them out or see their names.
    This has always been bannable. Not sure if there was anything covering it though, so this is understandable. Although admin discretion would solve this without the need to ban funnier and non-malicious names.

Banned

Donations:
    $110.00
    Also, got to add I am kinda guilty of this. I once got most of the server to change their name to some variation of "Not Octa". I didnt ask them too, they just did it. But it was just for fun. If they are copying someone else's name purposefully to ruin the game, then something should be done about it. But this is such a vague issue I find it would be hard to have a propper rule in place

Baghdad ass up
    Donations:
    $566.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    People that have no name or an unpronounceable name, yes. If you are literally unable to identify a person (except for disguiser) then it's a simple case of warning them to change it or else get kicked.
    I changed the rule. Included Admin discretion. I had to put something in there, because otherwise we are enforcing a rule not listed as a rule, which is even more of an issue than how "blanket" the rule can be interpreted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List