Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    SG Addict

CS:GO Zombie Escape

Quote Originally Posted by ExileD View Post
    I wouldn't mind giving it a shot, I am not a big fan of ZE (probably because I am bad at it) but if it could bring more peoples to SG that might as well mean some of the other servers could be more populated. But if we where to add a new server to CSGO we might have to consider rather carefully which one.
    That's what I'm saying, take a community poll on which server we'd like to see most!

- spyder
    Panda

I like kitties.
    Donations:
    $307.00
    Personally I prefer CSS over CSGO but I do love ZE, so maybe it isn't such a bad idea, maybe a PB server on CSGO too, while we're at it?

Don't Stop Believin'
    Lets do it. If you put it in perspective; its only a good thing that there aren't many other CSGO ZE severs around (populated or not). The reason for this is that we won't need to deal with community rivals. Fresh players looking for new mods on the new CS will visit Zombie Escape servers, and they might stumble across our server, register on the forums etc if we choose to create a ZE server. If we do not create one now, then believe that other communities will, and they will steal potential from us.

Banned

Donations:
    $110.00
    Honestly I have been looking for a new server to play as I am getting bored of most of our current ones. I used to love ZE, and I would definitely help populate it

5. Thanked by 2 users:
    Frosty (16 Jan 2014), Malibu (15 Jan 2014)

SG Addict

CS:GO Zombie Escape

I agree with Octa. When I started playing SG, it was because I lost 100% interest in Hg. Back then, I played the deathrun server which is now dead. I check it every day, and there's only like 1-2 people on a day, when there used to be 10+. I'm not a big fan of CS:GO, but like Goku said, the transition will take awhile. But like Octa, I am getting kind of bored with some of our servers. Mini games sure gets populated but it gets boring fast when some of the same maps get played 5-6 times a day. Fresh content would be nice on the server (if we have any map makers who would like a challenge.) Same with Prison break, yes there are not as many maps as there are for mg, but some of the maps like electric razor get played multiple times a day. Not to mention it's not much fun when there are players breaking the rules. I.e free killing, scripting, spamming, etc. But, if we were to create a ZE server I would be willing to populate it and would also be willing to help if need be.
    - spyder
    Last edited by Spyder; 15 Jan 2014 at 10:54pm.
    Panda

Server Administrator
    Our CSS ZE server isn't dying, its pretty much dead. Funnily enough the best way to actually fill the ZE server is to not play zombie escape on it, last week we managed to get to 20-30 people by playing maps like office, breakfloor and whatever the hell that pillar map was (Frosty you'd better be making that map you said you were going to make).

To whoever said we'd be able to get a server working because we're a well known community, that's not going to happen. Gaming communities tend to work in bubbles, sometimes they overlap and you'll have several people knowing about different groups, but generally they're pretty isolated until you actually start playing in that group. So for a CS:GO server to actually work then we'd need to keep it populated as much as we can, usually no other factor really matters (besides having the gamemode work properly and not be the glitch-fest it was about a year-or-so ago). It'll mostly be luck whether it takes off or not though.

Right now the CSS ZE server is pretty much a waste of dedi space, CS:GO is worth a shot. Genuinely nothing to lose though, worst case is that we trade one dead server for a slightly shinier dead server.

8. Thanked by 3 users:
    Frosty (18 Jan 2014), Octa (18 Jan 2014), Spyder (18 Jan 2014)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List