Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    SG Addict

Donations:
    $50.00
    A few CS:GO ZE servers are full everyday, there aren't really that many and I think there is one American server. I don't think a PB or MG server would be suitable right now, the CS:S counterparts are doing fine and it make split the current community into both servers.

SG Addict
    I think we should start off CSGO servers by making a deathmatch/compet/scrim/aim server first. A huge portion of CSGO's population is playing on de_ maps. 30 or so pages on gametracker has a population of 20+ where as if you look at ze_ maps. Only 4 servers have people in it. If we start off with a DM/Compet/Scrim/Aim server first we can build and attract CSGO players to our community and then later expand onto the MGs, PBs, and ZEs. ATM we have a couple of people that play CSGO daily that can help populate the CSGO servers if needed.

(I posted this yesterday but it disapeared or just didn't upload)

3. Thanked by 3 users:
    capp'n (8 Jan 2014), Malibu (8 Jan 2014), Tristan (8 Jan 2014)

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupin View Post
    I think we should start off CSGO servers by making a deathmatch/compet/scrim/aim server first. A huge portion of CSGO's population is playing on de_ maps. 30 or so pages on gametracker has a population of 20+ where as if you look at ze_ maps. Only 4 servers have people in it. If we start off with a DM/Compet/Scrim/Aim server first we can build and attract CSGO players to our community and then later expand onto the MGs, PBs, and ZEs. ATM we have a couple of people that play CSGO daily that can help populate the CSGO servers if needed.

(I posted this yesterday but it disapeared or just didn't upload)
    I like that idea, but i feel ZE would get populated since SG is a pretty known community

he ban my accounts and make me have trouble with building blocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mean admin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SG Regular

Ze servers
    http://www.gametracker.com/search/cs...ers&order=DESC
    Normal servers (us only)
    Normal server will just die like the server we have so ze first is better

SG Professional

Donations:
    $95.00
    Just my opinion, but if there are already like a shit ton of reg servers already popular, wouldn't it make more sense to try a different type of server to start? I mean, if there's already like 100+ reg servers, wouldn't it be hard to stick out among them and draw players? Like, start with ZE or w/e, build up a cs:go population, then try expanding to reg.
    Leave for a few months, come back and Extreme Potatoes is admin. Leave and come back, he's AO. Leave and come back he's back to admin. Maybe if I leave again he'll be perm'd...

SteelSeries Represent
    Donations:
    $50.00
    Quote Originally Posted by chet View Post
    Ze servers
    Normal servers (us only)
    Normal server will just die like the server we have so ze first is better
    ..what

There's 5 ZE servers as I write that has over 6 people on them, and the list of normal servers is full and probably goes on for pages.
    I'm not really sure how that favors getting a ZE server first.

Edit: I guess you could look at it like Goku says, however as far as I've understood it, it's quite easy to get people on servers if there are already a few on with the de_ servers at least.
    Doesn't seem like there's a huge population for ZE on there to me at least.
    Last edited by Banana Joe; 10 Jan 2014 at 10:33am.
    I think that everyone should believe in something; I believe that I'll have another drink.

i am so thirsty for dick that i have to hide them in panda's signature just to keep the cravings down

SG Addict

Donations:
    $50.00

The top five ZE servers are some of the most highest ranked CS:GO servers on Game tracker, one of them happens to be an American server. I'm not saying that because we get a ZE server it will automatically be popular based on the ranks, we have to populate, it wouldn't be hard to create a ZE server and get people to populate it most days, that's how you get population.

The other high rankers are PB, Surf, ZM and the normal modes.

SG Professional

Donations:
    $95.00
    Best thing to do is trial and error imo.

I mean, the whole transition from css to cs:go is going to take a few years, assuming it ever fully happens.
    Leave for a few months, come back and Extreme Potatoes is admin. Leave and come back, he's AO. Leave and come back he's back to admin. Maybe if I leave again he'll be perm'd...

SG Addict

CS:GO Zombie Escape

In my opinion, I agree with Goku here. It's hard to tell which servers are going to be the most populated when we don't really have much experience with CS:GO. I'll admit, after 1.6, I had Condition Zero. Not many people played it at first. But after people started wanting a new, more challenging, more fun game, they went to CZ. Then when CSS came out, they all went to CSS because it's a Source engine and it was more fun. Here is what we should do. Take a vote which servers we think will be the most populated. whichever ones win by majority vote, pick those 1,2,3 however many and start those servers for let's say 2 weeks to a month and see how they do. Whichever one is the most populated will stay, and we can start the process over with another server. And this is just my opinion, but I'd like to see either a ZE/ZM server or a Surf server.

- spyder
    Panda

Subscriber
    Donations:
    $120.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Malibu View Post
    Sorry but I don't agree with you Exiled.
    CS:S is way funnier than CS:GO (my opinion) but CS:GO is more populated and our ZE server is dying.
    We could give it a shot.
    I wouldn't mind giving it a shot, I am not a big fan of ZE (probably because I am bad at it) but if it could bring more peoples to SG that might as well mean some of the other servers could be more populated. But if we where to add a new server to CSGO we might have to consider rather carefully which one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List