Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SG Professional

Donations:
    $95.00

Proposed rule: Delaying

So here in the past few weeks I've noticed a lot of rounds being delayed by the traitors doing absolutely nothing. I was wondering if we could put our heads together to create a rule on delaying the round.

Off the top of my head, here is what I've got:

Rule wording: [b] Any traitor who does not harm and/or kill an innocent/detective, or does not do anything traitorous such as planting C4 for 5 minutes or more is subject to being punished.

Punishments:
    1:Warning during round to stop delaying
    2.Slay during round if they delay for over 6 minutes without doing anything.
    3.Kick if they delay another round.
    4.Ban for 1hr if they come back and delay another round.
    5.Ban for 1 day if they delay afterthat.

Not nesseciarly the exact rule I'm suggesting, but just something to be put in place to at least try to stop all the delaying. So many traitors will just walk around and do nothing for 9 mins then time runs out.
    Leave for a few months, come back and Extreme Potatoes is admin. Leave and come back, he's AO. Leave and come back he's back to admin. Maybe if I leave again he'll be perm'd...

Banned

Donations:
    $110.00
    This really already happens most of the time. If it gets down to a few minutes, and the ts are doing nothing, i usually warn them. The problem is its hard to know who the traitors are.

Banned

This seems a bit of a flawed notion to me. I can understand your frustration, however creating a rule for the punishment of delaying could be faulty in several scenarios:

A) The administrator in question is still alive and has no idea that the traitor is doing their job but has left no evidence of their kills.
    B) The traitor is playing the long game and waiting for innocents to relax and separate as they always do.
    C) The administrator is pants on head retarded and, despite being a spectator, has not observed the traitor participating in traitorous acts despite the contrary and punishes them. Most administrators who frequent the server do not have access to the logs whilst the round is still in progress.
    D) KISS is and always will be, a shitty band.

When you choose to play TTT you should realize that you accept the possibility of a 10 minutes round occurring just as when you play CS:S PB you accept the reality of someone not taking an LR and sitting the round out. The situations are paralleled except in terms of time. Go masturbate or something.

4. Thanked by 2 users:
    Neptune (5 Dec 2013), PingPong (2 Jan 2014)

SG Addict
    brazil hue hue heu hue hue hue huehue hue hue huehue hue hue huehue hue hue huehue hue hue huehue hu
    Donations:
    $20.00
    I thought there already was a rule as Octa said,

Besides it's only a few minutes just have patience.

The only time I think serious punishment should be taken is when a T is just sitting in T room knowingly delaying and not leaving because they will die
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWarriorOfFrost View Post
    fyi i would not be stopped from being a dick in general from video games it would video games not game just from this server on this one game on this account

SG Professional

Donations:
    $95.00
    Obviously, scuba, a living admin couldn't do anything about it.

As I said what I put wasn't the exact thing to be set.

But as of this moment, there is no actual rule for delaying and the only thing I ever see happen is

"Traitors better trait."

Maybe on the odd ball chance they are slapped, or in extreme cases I've seen them bacon'd (only once far as I recall in the past two years).

I was trying to suggest actually making it a punishable offense. Where someone could actually be demo'd doing it multiple times and be reported for it.

And scuba, if the admin in question wrongfully slays a T who was doing something, then I don't think they really deserve to be admin. Not that hard to see that a T is actually doing something. But here in the past few weeks there have been many rounds in which the T will literally just walk around with a shotgun out and do nothing for the whole round.
    Leave for a few months, come back and Extreme Potatoes is admin. Leave and come back, he's AO. Leave and come back he's back to admin. Maybe if I leave again he'll be perm'd...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Goku View Post
    Obviously, scuba, a living admin couldn't do anything about it.

As I said what I put wasn't the exact thing to be set.

But as of this moment, there is no actual rule for delaying and the only thing I ever see happen is

"Traitors better trait."

Maybe on the odd ball chance they are slapped, or in extreme cases I've seen them bacon'd (only once far as I recall in the past two years).

I was trying to suggest actually making it a punishable offense. Where someone could actually be demo'd doing it multiple times and be reported for it.

And scuba, if the admin in question wrongfully slays a T who was doing something, then I don't think they really deserve to be admin. Not that hard to see that a T is actually doing something. But here in the past few weeks there have been many rounds in which the T will literally just walk around with a shotgun out and do nothing for the whole round.

Git gud at finding traitors or learn to alt tab, there is no reason to punish someone other than your own inability to contain your autism for more than 5 minutes.

8. Thanked by 2 users:
    BoM (10 Dec 2013), Crzycanadian (5 Dec 2013)

TTT's #1 Rdmer and Hacker
    It's hard to wait when you have that one retarded T buddy that camps t room.

SG Professional

Donations:
    $95.00
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaToaster View Post
    Git gud at finding traitors or learn to alt tab, there is no reason to punish someone other than your own inability to contain your autism for more than 5 minutes.
    Scuba, when I'm alive, I am perfectly capable at figuring out who the Ts are, would even argue that I'm one of the better regulars when it comes to figuring out who the traitors are. Not much I can do when I'm fucking dead now is there?

And you need to learn how to put aside whatever bias you seem to be having with me and focus on the point of the thread.

Many times people will be killed 30 secs in, then have to sit out 9 minutes because the last traitor is literally camping the T room and doing nothing, or the last T is just walking around.

How bout you fucking play more and you'd understand what I'm talking about.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Goku View Post
    Scuba, when I'm alive, I am perfectly capable at figuring out who the Ts are, would even argue that I'm one of the better regulars when it comes to figuring out who the traitors are. Not much I can do when I'm fucking dead now is there?

And you need to learn how to put aside whatever bias you seem to be having with me and focus on the point of the thread.

Many times people will be killed 30 secs in, then have to sit out 9 minutes because the last traitor is literally camping the T room and doing nothing, or the last T is just walking around.

How bout you fucking play more and you'd understand what I'm talking about.
    I provided a counterpoint in my first post and you only found it convenient to answer one of my reasons. Not only that but you have also presented the same reasoning thrice now without realizing that when you play TTT you accept the inherent risk of waiting out the round much like you do in PB.

Distinguishing between someone who is intentionally delaying and someone who is waiting for a convenient opportunity is almost impossible, even if the individual shows a trend in their actions it would be what I consider hasty punishing them especially if they delay one round but stalk for another. Furthermore, my bias is part of the package and hasn't detracted from my argument in the least whilst you seem a bit fanny flustered.

I don't need to "play more" to realize what you're saying as not only is it a global occurrence but I also would argue that I have more experience than you seeing as I've more time logged on SG TTT alone on this account than you. It reeks of autistic arrogance to me that you should punish someone under the simple principle that they are delaying your entertainment in a construct of instant gratification.

Also, if you're so good at finding traitors how the fuck did you not realize that Bork was on an alt and trolling you? You can't expect me to believe you when your record speaks the contrary. Oh, and how was fat camp?

P.S. KISS sucks.

Better Call Saul
    Donations:
    $10.00
    If its really that much of a problem we can turn on HASTE mode to make the rounds only 5 minutes long.

13. Thanked by 1 user:
    TVL (4 May 2014)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List