Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Donations:
    $110.00
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaToaster View Post
    I provided a counterpoint in my first post and you only found it convenient to answer one of my reasons. Not only that but you have also presented the same reasoning thrice now without realizing that when you play TTT you accept the inherent risk of waiting out the round much like you do in PB.

Distinguishing between someone who is intentionally delaying and someone who is waiting for a convenient opportunity is almost impossible, even if the individual shows a trend in their actions it would be what I consider hasty punishing them especially if they delay one round but stalk for another. Furthermore, my bias is part of the package and hasn't detracted from my argument in the least whilst you seem a bit fanny flustered.

I don't need to "play more" to realize what you're saying as not only is it a global occurrence but I also would argue that I have more experience than you seeing as I've more time logged on SG TTT alone on this account than you. It reeks of autistic arrogance to me that you should punish someone under the simple principle that they are delaying your entertainment in a construct of instant gratification.

Also, if you're so good at finding traitors how the fuck did you not realize that Bork was on an alt and trolling you? You can't expect me to believe you when your record speaks the contrary. Oh, and how was fat camp?

P.S. KISS sucks.
    Ladies, please, tone down the insults, they aren't needed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    Ladies, please, tone down the insults, they aren't needed.
    Fuck you dad.

3. Thanked by 2 users:
    BoM (10 Dec 2013), Crzycanadian (6 Dec 2013)

Server Administrator
    Donations:
    $30.00
    Or you could just wait 10 minutes and not be so fucking inpatient.

5. Thanked by 2 users:
    BoM (10 Dec 2013), Wertles (6 Dec 2013)

Banned

Donations:
    $110.00
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaToaster View Post
    Fuck you dad.
    Son, I am disappoint with language. Grounded for month.

SG Professional

Donations:
    $95.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Or you could just wait 10 minutes and not be so fucking inpatient.
    If it happened maybe once every blue moon it'd be one thing, but most rounds drag on due to delaying.

Scuba I assume you mean this as your counterpoint: B) The traitor is playing the long game and waiting for innocents to relax and separate as they always do.

There's a difference in playing the long game and delaying. I am fully aware of waiting for the perfect chance to strike, but I highly doubt it takes 9 minutes to do something.

Playing the long game would entail slowly picking them off one by one, not walking around with a shotty out for 9 mins then opening fire when there is only 30 seconds left to play.

I'm not fully understanding the majority of the negative feedback to it as it seems most of the time it boils down to "be patient". I have plenty of patience, but when multiple rounds a map are being drug on thanks to a traitor doing literally nothing for 7 mins+, that's a different story.

I know that TTT is a longer played game than say jailbreak, but there really is no reason for rounds to drag on to 7+min mark with the only remaining traitor alive camping and/or doing absolutely nothing.

Scuba, you missed my point about playing more. The server is way different here lately than it used to be. I never recall delaying being an issue the past two years until these past few weeks. I was telling you to play more currently, not overall, to see what I'm talking about when it comes to delaying.
    Leave for a few months, come back and Extreme Potatoes is admin. Leave and come back, he's AO. Leave and come back he's back to admin. Maybe if I leave again he'll be perm'd...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Goku View Post
    If it happened maybe once every blue moon it'd be one thing, but most rounds drag on due to delaying.

Scuba I assume you mean this as your counterpoint: B) The traitor is playing the long game and waiting for innocents to relax and separate as they always do.

There's a difference in playing the long game and delaying. I am fully aware of waiting for the perfect chance to strike, but I highly doubt it takes 9 minutes to do something.

Playing the long game would entail slowly picking them off one by one, not walking around with a shotty out for 9 mins then opening fire when there is only 30 seconds left to play.

I'm not fully understanding the majority of the negative feedback to it as it seems most of the time it boils down to "be patient". I have plenty of patience, but when multiple rounds a map are being drug on thanks to a traitor doing literally nothing for 7 mins+, that's a different story.

I know that TTT is a longer played game than say jailbreak, but there really is no reason for rounds to drag on to 7+min mark with the only remaining traitor alive camping and/or doing absolutely nothing.

Scuba, you missed my point about playing more. The server is way different here lately than it used to be. I never recall delaying being an issue the past two years until these past few weeks. I was telling you to play more currently, not overall, to see what I'm talking about when it comes to delaying.
    Shit son, I didn't know that someone playing the game how they want to play it hurts your feelings so bad. Git gud or get patient. TTT hasn't changed.

9. Thanked by 1 user:
    Neptune (6 Dec 2013)

Baghdad ass up
    Donations:
    $566.00
    Sorry I never responded to this when I read it. Since no other AO+ has given input, I'll give my thoughts.

Scuba has a point, in a way, that delaying can sometimes be a tactic. However, my ultimate judgment on it when I see it in the server is this:

If they are just roaming around, not taking advantage of an opportunity to kill someone, camping traitor room, or just overall doing nothing in attempt to create/take advantage of an opportunity to kill someone, they are delaying. This kind of delaying is punishable in my mind, and I will start telling them to do something. If they do nothing and the time runs out, I will slay them next round.

If they are keeping an eye on the innos, trying to create distractions, or just waiting for one to separate so they can follow them, they are not delaying even if they are not killing anyone. If it seems apparent they are looking for stragglers or attempting to take advantage of a distraction/situation, I won't say anything. These people typically start killing others before time runs out and either die or kill them all, in which case I would punish them.

So in the end:
    If the time runs out and they did nothing, they're should probably be slain for delay. If time doesn't run out and they just spend awhile before doing something, most scenarios it shouldn't be punishable.

In both situations, we are not going to slay a traitor mid-round unless they are afk. Simply because we don't always know what they are thinking and what they are trying to do until they do it. Also both situations only apply if there is only one traitor left.

11. Thanked by 1 user:
    BlackEagle (10 Dec 2013)

BEAGLE
    Donations:
    $55.00
    Quote Originally Posted by XeNo View Post
    Sorry I never responded to this when I read it. Since no other AO+ has given input, I'll give my thoughts.

Scuba has a point, in a way, that delaying can sometimes be a tactic. However, my ultimate judgment on it when I see it in the server is this:

If they are just roaming around, not taking advantage of an opportunity to kill someone, camping traitor room, or just overall doing nothing in attempt to create/take advantage of an opportunity to kill someone, they are delaying. This kind of delaying is punishable in my mind, and I will start telling them to do something. If they do nothing and the time runs out, I will slay them next round.

If they are keeping an eye on the innos, trying to create distractions, or just waiting for one to separate so they can follow them, they are not delaying even if they are not killing anyone. If it seems apparent they are looking for stragglers or attempting to take advantage of a distraction/situation, I won't say anything. These people typically start killing others before time runs out and either die or kill them all, in which case I would punish them.

So in the end:
    If the time runs out and they did nothing, they're should probably be slain for delay. If time doesn't run out and they just spend awhile before doing something, most scenarios it shouldn't be punishable.

In both situations, we are not going to slay a traitor mid-round unless they are afk. Simply because we don't always know what they are thinking and what they are trying to do until they do it. Also both situations only apply if there is only one traitor left.
    ^^This.

I haven't read the entire thread but I agree. I know when I am the last T and there is a big group of innocents around me I just wait until I can get one alone or have one follow me so that I can take them out. I don't think it would be fair to force the last T to basically begin a rampage while be surrounded by several innocents. But I completely agree with XeNo here about the time running out and such.

SG Professional
    Donations:
    $55.00
    At first I was thinking that limiting it to a 10 minute game was already enough to stop this but as I am starting to see more and more delaying it starts to annoy me. Problem here being that 90% of the server is too impatient to sit through the delay and they end up leaving which really sucks when you wanted to play. So I do think a kick in the pants before the round ends would be nice for the servers sake. Sorry for any typos on my phone.

Baghdad ass up
    Donations:
    $566.00
    Quote Originally Posted by FlutterOutgoing o3o View Post
    At first I was thinking that limiting it to a 10 minute game was already enough to stop this but as I am starting to see more and more delaying it starts to annoy me. Problem here being that 90% of the server is too impatient to sit through the delay and they end up leaving which really sucks when you wanted to play. So I do think a kick in the pants before the round ends would be nice for the servers sake. Sorry for any typos on my phone.
    If anything, we would discuss reducing the round time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List