SG Noob

Question about game "How to Survive"

This is a game I bought recently through Steam of course, it's made by 505 games, it's called "How to Survive"

But now I am regretting my purchase, because after 20 attempts at the same quest, I am unable to complete it.
    The reason being? There is no access to any med-packs, food, or sleeping quarters, on this current island that I'm on. And so when I finally reach a sleeping quarters, I am so overwhelmed by zombies, that I die, because I
    have no med-packs. Here on this screenshot you can see which version of the game I have.
    48Gg3.jpg
    Since the game doesn't say what level you're on in the saved games, I don't know what to call the island I'm on, but here is a screenshot
    imzso.jpg
    And here is the contents of my backpack, I just have 1 healing item.
    SVwK5.jpg
    Please tell me, how do I complete a quest if I have no access to healing plants or med-packs, nor can I get to a sleeping quarters, because they are infested with literally 2-3 dozen different zombies.

Banned

Donations:
    $15.00
    I feel like this is a sad attempt at advertising this game.....

Considering you just made your account today, and this is your first post.
    Also if I was regretting my purchase I wouldn't take the time to take Screen shots and just casually post them.

You're basically saying : "I'm stuck on this bullshit part, but OH HEY here's some random screenshots anyways" -_-

Idk maybe I'm jumping to conclusions, but I somehow feel your intentions are not to actually post a question about the game.

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $20.00
    this isn't the steam forums go here to ask for advice:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/250400/discussions/

and bom maybe its better if you dont become a detective

4. Thanked by 1 user:
    Zaraki (7 Nov 2013)

SG Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by BoM View Post
    I feel like this is a sad attempt at advertising this game.....

Considering you just made your account today, and this is your first post.
    Also if I was regretting my purchase I wouldn't take the time to take Screen shots and just casually post them.

You're basically saying : "I'm stuck on this bullshit part, but OH HEY here's some random screenshots anyways" -_-

Idk maybe I'm jumping to conclusions, but I somehow feel your intentions are not to actually post a question about the game.
    Yes, when people first register on forums, they usually start out with a first post. Why wouldn't I post screenshots to show where I'm stuck? Yes, I regret buying the game, but because I did, I want to try to play it through. Are you paranoid? If you don't play the game, then don't offer your opinion. I just asked a simple question.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasu View Post

and why the can't I ask my question here? This forum is called Steam Gamers. I figured this community would be a lot more friendlier than the actual Steam forums. i guess you don't discuss Steam games here? Or why are you telling me to leave?

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $20.00
    We're a community of a few hundred members. It's very likely no one here plays that game. Even unlikelier you'll find someone who can help you with your problem. In the steam forums I linked they're all people who play the game you're asking about.

SG Noob
    We're a community of a few hundred members. It's very likely no one here plays that game. Even unlikelier you'll find someone who can help you with your problem. In the steam forums I linked they're all people who play the game you're asking about.
    I apologize then for ruining your forum, I just liked what I read on this forum, and I thought I might become a part of the community myself. Thank you for the link.

Banned

Donations:
    $110.00
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianBear View Post
    I apologize then for ruining your forum, I just liked what I read on this forum, and I thought I might become a part of the community myself. Thank you for the link.
    I think you are taking what he is saying the wrong way. We are not saying "Get out, we dont want you here". Nasu is simply saying that he doubts you will find the help you are looking for here, and so he was trying to help you out by linking you to somewhere where you might.

Banned

Donations:
    $15.00

Pls

Yes, when people first register on forums, they usually start out with a first post. Why wouldn't I post screenshots to show where I'm stuck? Yes, I regret buying the game, but because I did, I want to try to play it through. Are you paranoid? If you don't play the game, then don't offer your opinion. I just asked a simple question.
    Your screenshots barely seemed relevant, but now that you posted this I think I can see the misunderstanding.
    VVVVVVVVV

and why the can't I ask my question here? This forum is called Steam Gamers. I figured this community would be a lot more friendlier than the actual Steam forums. i guess you don't discuss Steam games here? Or why are you telling me to leave?
    Yeah......I can see how the name is misleading, we do discuss and play "steam games" Per say, but we're really just another run of the mill community that's based around CSS and other >steam< games. I agree that our forums are probably friendlier and more user friendly than the official steam forums, but again you probably won't find your answer here. Nonetheless you'll probably get told to restart or revert to previous save if its anything like other games similar to it.

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $155.00
    Don't run away

Russianbear, Look up a walktrough of the game online perhaps? Or watch somebody playing it on youtube.
    I'm sure you'll find some answers!

PS: Become a member and stay :D

User Tag List