Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SG Addict
    Donations:
    $20.00

Mg_Slender_Wolf_V1

I'm making a map based on the original slender game. Posting screen shots soon. Feedback, suggestions

SG Addict
    Do you have a slender model to start with? Also add more creativity to the map - look, challenges, objective and so on.

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $20.00
    Yes I do have one. Il do that thanks

Banned

I'm going to say this much

If you make it reasonably close to the actual slender game, it's going to require a WHOLE LOT of work, and will require outside code in Sourcemod, which will not be easy to code, find, or purchase.
    Also, considering how extremely sloppy wolf's course is, you are getting WAY ahead of yourself
    I think you should slow down, take a step back, and work on making much more simple maps before moving onto big projects like this

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $20.00
    It's not that complicated , il already know how to do it. But thanks. I don't like to take steps back, always forward. I have been mapping mini maps to get some practice and I have improved. Don't spect a bad map cause i will work hard on it. Ps: of course it won't be the exact game in CSS, it will be similar to the game

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WoLF View Post
    It's not that complicated , il already know how to do it. But thanks. I don't like to take steps back, always forward
    Okay, if it's not that complicated, exactly WHAT do you need to do in order to make it so that when you look at something, it causes a trigger?

I'm not saying take a step back, I'm saying don't take a giant fucking leap forward. You are in /WAY/ over your head.

Look at Kippe's maps. He made /TWO MAPS/ before kippes course, and it's still an ugly mess, and you think you have what it takes, after one failure, to make a map as complicated as a slender map
    Bear in mind that the main focus of slender is the fact that it's very, VERY atmospheric, the darkness and the thought of being chased alone, with noone to help you, and a force that literally can not be stopped. that's why it's so scary. Putting in 20+ players, and your horrible lighting (Do I need to bring the wolf's course pics out again?) makes me say that this is not going to turn out well at all.

Take a step forward from wolf's course, but a step back from this. When you understand the tools in SDK better, MAYBE you will be able to do this relatively well, but not now.

* Have a baby with me!
    Donations:
    $35.00
    I don't know skyrocket. Invisiblemen is a simple and great map and can really make me jump at times. Sure being all alone walking around is a lot more scary but i'm sure if the map works it could be quite scary! Maybe have two or three slenders walking around to make the rounds go a little faster.

If you get some inspiration from invisiblemen i'm sure the map will turne out great as far as it works ;)

And i'm sure we have a lot of talented map makers here that would love to help out.

YOU CAN VOTE ONCE EVERY 24 HOUR!

8. Thanked by 1 user:
    WoLF (6 Mar 2013)

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyrocket View Post
    Okay, if it's not that complicated, exactly WHAT do you need to do in order to make it so that when you look at something, it causes a trigger?

I'm not saying take a step back, I'm saying don't take a giant fucking leap forward. You are in /WAY/ over your head.

Look at Kippe's maps. He made /TWO MAPS/ before kippes course, and it's still an ugly mess, and you think you have what it takes, after one failure, to make a map as complicated as a slender map
    Bear in mind that the main focus of slender is the fact that it's very, VERY atmospheric, the darkness and the thought of being chased alone, with noone to help you, and a force that literally can not be stopped. that's why it's so scary. Putting in 20+ players, and your horrible lighting (Do I need to bring the wolf's course pics out again?) makes me say that this is not going to turn out well at all.

Take a step forward from wolf's course, but a step back from this. When you understand the tools in SDK better, MAYBE you will be able to do this relatively well, but not now.
    You are the one bringing that up. And I've tried to make it look better at v6.@ Floffy. Hzk and scout were giving me really good tips also luffaren was helping me

President of Cocks
    You are the one bringing that up. And I've tried to make it look better at v6.@ Floffy. Hzk and scout were giving me really good tips also luffaren was helping me
    sounds like a fun idea :P with enough work it could be pretty cool

Banned

You are the one bringing that up. And I've tried to make it look better at v6.
    Tried and failed. You forgot to make the moving block move far enough towards the player to be able to be reached without a longjump at the end.

Floffy. Hzk and scout were giving me really good tips also luffaren was helping me
    So wait, Luffaren, a mapper who makes extremely complex maps was helping you, with what? If he was helping you on the slender idea, then fine, but don't even pretend it's easy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List