Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Absolute & complete ban on propkilling?

This is seriously getting out of hand, the rules say "Don't propkill unless you're traitor or both players agree" and yet I don't think that's enough. Here's the main problems with propkilling:

1: It doesn't leave DNA (As far as I can tell)
    This is the main problem with it being allowed for traitors, the body doesn't leave DNA at all, thus giving them a massive advantage over the other players.
    2: It's one-shot kill for those who know how to do it right
    Again, it gives a massive advantage. The only other weapons that can pull off 1shots from 100 are the deagle, which is hard to do from a longer range, thus generally leaving DNA. Shotgun, which is hard to pull off unless they're looking at you, and will leave DNA, and the sniper, which is hard to aim comparatively to the others.
    3: Innocents being involved
    This is the problem with the "Both players agree", I have walked near a prop fight multiple times and have lost health or been killed all of them. The propfights often cause the other players in the vicinity to get damaged or killed.

tl;dr: propkilling should be banned, m'kay?

TTT's #1 Rdmer and Hacker
    No, Many People cannot prop kill and kill themselves in the process so number 1 is out. 2, I can agree with that, With number 3, Heres a tip, Don't go in the area where there is prop fights

SG Addict
    So what if the body doesn't have DNA after the traitors kill the innocents? Even if what you are using has an advantage than other things, it's the traitor's job to eliminate all innocents with anything that could get their hands on. For example, the knife is 1 hit kill, isn't that a big advantage for the traitors? It doesn't tell the traitors: "Eliminate all innocents, but do not prop kill them."

Futhermore, what is the problem with two people killing each other if they agree. It's like we are going to crowbar each to death other but using props as a weapon. Let's put it this way: if ttt was real life, and I am a killer (traitor) you are telling me I could only use guns and crowbars to get rid of my targets?

Also if you see a prop fight going on, do go between the fight and you will be perfectly fine.

SG Addict
    brazil hue hue heu hue hue hue huehue hue hue huehue hue hue huehue hue hue huehue hue hue huehue hu
    Donations:
    $20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyrocket View Post
    This is seriously getting out of hand, the rules say "Don't propkill unless you're traitor or both players agree" and yet I don't think that's enough. Here's the main problems with propkilling:

1: It doesn't leave DNA (As far as I can tell)
    This is the main problem with it being allowed for traitors, the body doesn't leave DNA at all, thus giving them a massive advantage over the other players.
    2: It's one-shot kill for those who know how to do it right
    Again, it gives a massive advantage. The only other weapons that can pull off 1shots from 100 are the deagle, which is hard to do from a longer range, thus generally leaving DNA. Shotgun, which is hard to pull off unless they're looking at you, and will leave DNA, and the sniper, which is hard to aim comparatively to the others.
    3: Innocents being involved
    This is the problem with the "Both players agree", I have walked near a prop fight multiple times and have lost health or been killed all of them. The propfights often cause the other players in the vicinity to get damaged or killed.

tl;dr: propkilling should be banned, m'kay?
    1 + 2.

Propkilling is pretty hard in general because:

Usually, when someone throws a barrel at someone it is considered attempting to murder someone, so I would proceed to counter murder the prop thrower because it's pretty much the same as shooting a deagle at someone or shooting a scout off at people. for
    So you really only get 1 or 2 chances before you get shot at for throwing a prop at someone.

It's nice that it doesn't leave DNA because I think it balances out with the first one with it being hard to kill people and not dying in the process. If someone throws a prop at me I am going to shoot them.

Props can also be used as a way to push people off the edge, which ties into the fact that it doesn't leave DNA so in your mind that would be considered ban-able, when if you push someone off with a crowbar, it doesn't leave DNA either, so it seems useless in that sense for me as well to make it ban-able.

On to your 3rd point, it's so easy to just not go near people, once again, seems useless to make it a rule for that as well.

Seriously, this doesn't need to be a rule.

I am almost NEVER killed by a prop and it goes even less when I shoot back at the person throwing the prop.

And it's also hilarious to see someones body go flying when they die by a prop.

Edit:

Also, explosive barrels don't leave DNA either, would you like us to not use those either? Or c4?

Edit numero 2!

Notice, how all the T weapons that are hard to kill people with don't leave DNA, so I think it should go the same for barrels.
    Last edited by Wertles; 2 Mar 2013 at 05:24pm.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWarriorOfFrost View Post
    fyi i would not be stopped from being a dick in general from video games it would video games not game just from this server on this one game on this account

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wertles View Post
    -textsnip-
    For one, there is actually a bind you can put in console that instantly throws the barrel behind you, hardly ever killing you

Also, I don't walk between the propfight, I could walk reasonably close to a propfight, simply trying to get from point A to point B, and get hit with a barrel and take damage/die

And about the explosive barrels, it's their goddamn fault that they walked near an explosive barrel/carried an explosive barrel. I can't help it if someone walks up to me with a barrel trying to kill me.

If you REALLY think it's hard to kill with a prop, you've obviously never played with Pet Rock or Wadoob.

The main problem is that, should I just be trying to get somewhere, I often walk near a propfight and lose health because of it.

EDIT:
    Omar, the knife always leaves DNA on the body.

Also, the point is, it's a thing you can kill close up with, instantly, and with no DNA left.

President of Cocks
    prop killing is quite fun... gives the innocents something to do if the traitor is not doing anything lol :P

SG Addict
    brazil hue hue heu hue hue hue huehue hue hue huehue hue hue huehue hue hue huehue hue hue huehue hu
    Donations:
    $20.00
    For one, there is actually a bind you can put in console that instantly throws the barrel behind you, hardly ever killing you

Also, I don't walk between the propfight, I could walk reasonably close to a propfight, simply trying to get from point A to point B, and get hit with a barrel and take damage/die

And about the explosive barrels, it's their goddamn fault that they walked near an explosive barrel/carried an explosive barrel. I can't help it if someone walks up to me with a barrel trying to kill me.

If you REALLY think it's hard to kill with a prop, you've obviously never played with Pet Rock or Wadoob.

The main problem is that, should I just be trying to get somewhere, I often walk near a propfight and lose health because of it.

EDIT:
    Omar, the knife always leaves DNA on the body.

Also, the point is, it's a thing you can kill close up with, instantly, and with no DNA left.

It's a way to kill people and in my opinion would be really dumb to ban it all completely because I really don't see how that's unfair.

And I don't see why you don't just go to point B in the other way. When I say avoid the propfight I mean completely disregard the people who are doing it and go another way because usually if a traitor is running near those people, they kill that person, so if you just want to get to point B why don't you just go another way. Walking near a propfight and dying has almost never happened to me either.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWarriorOfFrost View Post
    fyi i would not be stopped from being a dick in general from video games it would video games not game just from this server on this one game on this account

Technical Administrator
    Donations:
    $3936.00
    I'm not making it against the rules for traitor to use props to kill. 1) Explosive barrels are props. 2) You use the poltergeist to launch props. 3) Props help push people off high areas. 4) Props can kill in 1 hit, occasionally but it's hard to pull off.

If you have a problem with someone throwing a prop at you, kill them. If they're innocent, they're rdming SIMPLE AS THAT. People have a problem with killing people who throw props around because they think they're just trolling and don't wanna risk killing an innocent/get killed themselves for killing the innocent. IT'S RDM IF THEY'RE INNOCENT. Your first natural instinct when someone is throwing props at you is to assume they're trying to kill you because they're traitor.

The additional clause to the rule being if 2 people agree to fight was mainly aimed at isolated instances where people would crowbar fight to death. Generally props get flung all over and the only thing I would compromise on this is to allow people to prop fight one another in agreement but only away from other people, otherwise they risk rdm and punishment all the same.

9. Thanked by 1 user:
    Neptune (2 Mar 2013)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    I'm not making it against the rules for traitor to use props to kill. 1) Explosive barrels are props. 2) You use the poltergeist to launch props. 3) Props help push people off high areas. 4) Props can kill in 1 hit, occasionally but it's hard to pull off.

If you have a problem with someone throwing a prop at you, kill them. If they're innocent, they're rdming SIMPLE AS THAT. People have a problem with killing people who throw props around because they think they're just trolling and don't wanna risk killing an innocent/get killed themselves for killing the innocent. IT'S RDM IF THEY'RE INNOCENT. Your first natural instinct when someone is throwing props at you is to assume they're trying to kill you because they're traitor.

The additional clause to the rule being if 2 people agree to fight was mainly aimed at isolated instances where people would crowbar fight to death. Generally props get flung all over and the only thing I would compromise on this is to allow people to prop fight one another in agreement but only away from other people, otherwise they risk rdm and punishment all the same.
    Thank you.
    The polt I understand, and I will agree with that (completely forgot about that since hardly anyone uses it tho)
    It just irritates me whenever 2 people propfight in the hotspots of a map (Near the tester in borders, and near the fountain on cluedo) and they end up killing me or other people. Also I don't think the kill shows up in logs/deals karma damage to the propkiller.

Baghdad ass up
    Donations:
    $566.00
    It just irritates me whenever 2 people propfight in the hotspots of a map (Near the tester in borders, and near the fountain on cluedo) and they end up killing me or other people. Also I don't think the kill shows up in logs/deals karma damage to the propkiller.
    This can be referred to what Spartan first said, it's considered RDM and they can be punished accordingly for it. Whether you kill them or have an Admin slay/kick them the next round.

If two people decide to have a prop fight and get killed/KOSed/punished in any way for RDM or attempted RDM it's their own fault. It's the risk you run by doing so, same as when two people have a crowbar fight.

I don't particularly care who it is having a prop fight/crowbar fight, if they kill the other person and he's innocent, and the detective or another innocent kills the winner, I will never punish for it because they did kill an innocent and it's punishable as such. Most people are understanding though, and do not do this.

It's all typically based on who is involved and their opinion of it. If you are irritated or annoyed by it, you are allowed to treat it as RDM/Attempted RDM if someone else or yourself get injured/killed by it. Other people, however, think it's funny/silly and they laugh it off and wait for the next round which is also perfectly acceptable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List