18 47.37%
  • Voltz

12 31.58%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    * SG Minecraft Team Leader *
    Donations:
    $13.00

How do you want our MC to be?

These are the general suggestions I have currently heard of which have a higher chance of keeping the server active for a while.

Note: For Factions I have already most of it planned out, that is why Factions will have much more details than the rest, but that doesn't mean it should instantly be the chosen one, everyone has their own opinion.

Factions:
    So, we already knew that the current setup was pretty bad. But from the last thread I made asking your opinions, I have gathered the following which will be done when and if Factions gets chosen:

- Reset Everyone's money.
    - Creating Factions will cost money. (First thought $500)
    - Either remove, or make Jobs not give money (So currently, no way to earn money after this).
    - Claiming an area will also cost money. (First thought $50, + for every extra area/chunk it would cost 70% more)
    - Claiming areas not connected to your first area will cost extra. (First thought $100 + 70% extra per chunk)
    - Asking to get your Faction peaceful would also cost money. (So not everyone will be friendly, no idea on price)
    - For every minute you would gain 1$. (This is the only $ income.) This means that you can create a faction after about 8 hours, BUT the reason for having a Faction is to group up, so basically to achieve this, you could split the cost. Lets say you have 8 people, then it would only take 1 hour to get yourself a faction. Teamwork
    - Players get to have their own shops (Rule included: It has to look like a shop, not just a simply sign in the middle of nowhere. Also a way to get income).
    - Vault room. Everyone gets the ability to buy a Vault room, a simply room where a chest is protected for them. Only the person who bought the room has access to that chest.
    - New rule: All constructions (bases etc) will have to be above ground, OR a good notice-able entrance above ground leading downwards. (This to stimulate PvP, and get rid of hidden bases which makes PvP impossible)
    - Make Lava flow again. (But only supporters can place lava. So if you aren't a supporter, you can always as one to help you placing it. This to prevent grief.)
    - Set TNT heal to 30 seconds instead of 10s, this so raiding is way better.
    - Possibly make newcomers immune to PvP (and cannot PvP themselves) for the first hour or so. (This to help newcomers stay)
    - Killing players/mobs will have a TINY chance of dropping their heads, so you can use them as blocks to place. (Trophies)

And some other possible changes, everything listed above is a start.

Feed The Beast - MindCrack:
    From what I have seen, this is a little bit like Tekkit, it uses a different launcher and includes a lot of different big mods.
    The huge different between Tekkit and MindCrack is that there is no EMC (the energy mod which gives you all the items for barely any efford) AND it also has a lot of mods which makes the gameplay a lot longer and fun.
    I cannot give much more opinion on this, because I have only played this for the sole purpose of programming in the ComputerCraft mod which is included in it (Not really interested in anything else myself), but a couple of other SG members have played it too and told me it was worth it.

Make sure to see what it all includes, it really has a lot of interesting mods in it:
    You can find more about FTB here: Feed The Beast Wiki
    And specifically for MindCrack here: MindCrack Pack - Feed The Beast Wiki

Voltz:
    Quote Originally Posted by leeroyjenkinsboy View Post
    May I suggest Voltz instead? I find it much more enjoyable, and challenging. Its easily downloaded, as its in the technic launcher. Some examples of whats in the mod pack: A more realistic electricity, the entire mod is based off of having a "Universal Electricity" so one generator can give power to all your devices, factorys made with conveyor belts and arm bots, launchable fucking missiles. Its pretty easy to pick up, and if SteamGamers where to get another mod pack server, I would love to see it being Volts. I mentioned in the other thread of maybe having day events of warfare, with this as a server, permanent awesome warfare anyone?

Video of nonsense you can do:
    Note: This Voltz mod will mean explosive grief will be on, otherwise the whole idea of missiles will be useless, which is basically the whole mod.

Sorry Crazy Swede, but the desert server you suggested is indeed fun, but would only last until you find enough resources to survive, after that it would simply turn dead, which is too fast. :/
    Last edited by Nishok; 5 Feb 2013 at 04:54pm.

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $32.00
    Voltz. I wanna see Silent start a cold war with someone.
    And if the music stops
    There's only the sound of the rain
    All the hope and glory
    All the sacrifice in vain
    And if love remains
    Though everything is lost
    We will pay the price
    But we will not count the cost

* SG Minecraft Team Leader *
    Donations:
    $13.00
    Note: Those are the only 3 types of gameplay suggested by the community, so that is why it is so limited in options.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    Voltz. I wanna see Silent start a cold war with someone.
    Well, this mod will mean explosive grief will be on, otherwise the whole idea of missiles will be useless, which is basically the whole mod.

Subscriber
    Donations:
    $5.00
    Defiantly FTB! :D

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    I would like to know what happened to the plan or thought of creating the "Red Vs. Blue" type of gamemode. The one with 2 major factions that control land and the two nations fight. I would prefer that than anything else, but I guess that has been scrapped. Well, anyways, I would like to play FTB. Even though it seems pretty technical, I think it would seem cool to play around.

Banned

Donations:
    $110.00
    Honestly I like normal MC better then huge packs like volts and FTB. Im not sure what I would like to see. I guess Im going to vote for FTB

SG Regular

Donations:
    $20.00
    tbh, i played volts (sp) and the only thing in it is the missiles, once you have them, all you do is just blow the fuck out of the world, might be fun as like a weekend since thats all a world would last anyways.

FTB on the other hand does look interesting, and something id try to play if there was a server to play on.

also.... if you keep factions, dont let anyone be peaceful (just ruins to point of factions and PVP), limit the number of people to a faction (like 4/8 max, that way there are more factions to fight), and double or triple all the costs (so that shits harder to get and makes you play longer to get shit.)

anyways....

RAPE AND PILLAGE!!

SG Regular
    Yea from everything I read..

Feed the Beast seemed the mostly likely thing to do/Most ppl would choose.
    I thought the new Faction set up looked really cool.
    Voltz seems like it would last as long as tekkit did.

Hurt Feelings Police
    Donations:
    $5.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Aznsoul View Post
    I would like to know what happened to the plan or thought of creating the "Red Vs. Blue" type of gamemode. The one with 2 major factions that control land and the two nations fight. I would prefer that than anything else, but I guess that has been scrapped. Well, anyways, I would like to play FTB. Even though it seems pretty technical, I think it would seem cool to play around.
    I am still working on that, alone. Due to a "technical malfunction" I had to start all over with that project. If the players show activity in whatever we do next , I will probably have the motivation to finish it
    Last edited by SilentGuns; 6 Feb 2013 at 04:31am.

10. Thanked by 1 user:
    Aznsoul (6 Feb 2013)

SG Addict

FTB.

Voltz will make players quit very quick. Especially with one guy getting missiles and pretty much owning everyone.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

User Tag List