SG Addict
    Donations:
    $20.00

jb_vipinthemix_v1_2 fix request

Could anyone fix the nade toss and make it less glitchy. Its a really fun lr but it doesnt work 90% of the time.

SG Addict

It's worked fine for me everytime I've done it. What's the problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyche View Post
    Seriously play techies against xdoodles and you will know no greater joy in this world.

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $20.00

Re: jb_vipinthemix_v1_2 fix request

Most of the time it just doesn't work, no one gets teleported.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII from hickville.

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $20.00
    I Tested it and it's working , dont know why you say that.

maybehewasmaybehewasmaybe
    what exactly do you have to do to get it to work? i can never seem to get it to work either. a T and a CT both stand in the booths and hit the buttons but no one gets tele'd. maybe the problem is people spam the button. thats usually a good way to fuck something up.

BEAGLE
    Donations:
    $55.00
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdWar View Post
    what exactly do you have to do to get it to work? i can never seem to get it to work either. a T and a CT both stand in the booths and hit the buttons but no one gets tele'd. maybe the problem is people spam the button. thats usually a good way to fuck something up.
    Couple days late on the response but I took a look at what they did to set it up.

They pretty much used a lot of logic_relays which essentially were being used to check to see if there are two players by the buttons ready to play. It is actually kinda hard to follow in a way the way that they have it set it. Your best bet is to make sure both players are standing right next to the button. The trigger they have created really isn't that large so you have to basically be right next to the button and do not spam it. I don't know this 100% because I am not an expert but everytime you press the button to start it the button will send out an output to the logic_relay to see if two players are there by the buttons and if not it won't teleport you. But I get the feeling that if you spam the button it will essentially get the logics more confused as to whether there are two people there or not. In order to be teleported both need to be there so since the teleporter isn't enabling the problem has to be in the logic area which I believe comes from spamming the buttons.

SO. Basically to get it to work have both players stand right in front of the buttons and then have them press the button once. If someone earlier in the round spams it I feel like it won't work later on in the round.

Hopefully that makes some remote sense since I just rambled on...

Anyway I know for my map I did it differently and hopefully it works out better.

SG Noob

I am aware of the bug. I've tried several times to fix but I cannot find where it goes wrong. Like eagle said it probably messes up when spamming the button. I am working on v1_3 with quite some changes and additions. I will spend some more time in fixing it.

Btw; you couldve just asked the author(me) instead of randomly asking others to fix it. Thanks for the tip anyway.

BEAGLE
    Donations:
    $55.00
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchkiller View Post
    I am aware of the bug. I've tried several times to fix but I cannot find where it goes wrong. Like eagle said it probably messes up when spamming the button. I am working on v1_3 with quite some changes and additions. I will spend some more time in fixing it.

Btw; you couldve just asked the author(me) instead of randomly asking others to fix it. Thanks for the tip anyway.
    I am not quite sure how you want it set up as in t vs ct or just two random players but using some triggers might help. When the player touches the trigger enable the other button but the second button won't be activated until another player is touching the other trigger by the other button. This way it will account for two players and the buttons may be enabled. Hopefully that makes sense and works for you.

User Tag List