Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    SG Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown View Post
    If you just wanna build and a faction comes and raids you most of the time they just rage quit so i say keep it in different worlds but thats just my opinion
    Well, how about everything whitelisted players build is unbreakable by others? Obviously if it's some stupid stuff just to grief he gets a ban from the admins.

And I was sort of talking about that the player could turn on PVP and have duels in some sort of arena or just hunt others that have PVP enabled.

2. Thanked by 1 user:
    Nishok (27 Jan 2013)

SG Addict
    Could we have guns? And have it like a free-for-all mod? (If it's even possible, might not be that good of an idea)

Also could you like have war factions and peaceful factions. And when two or more war factions go to war, they could actuallly go to a site where they could have like 3 days period to start building a base (Having weapons, canons, whatever they need) While not counting as griefing.
    Also for the thing you once did before 'The jobs' (Like Assassins, hunters, etc.) maybe they could have a ON/OFF state that could make them rent-able. For example, I could ask an assassin to kill someone for this amount of $$$.

Just had these few ideas I wanted to throw out

* SG Minecraft Team Leader *
    Donations:
    $13.00
    ~~~~Big fucking post with quotes.~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by BigRuSs View Post
    Hmm

A better Econmey System.
    Where Money and /bal actually mean something.
    SCRAP tradetown..

Make a server admin only shop
    Stuff you can add benfits toward in game money and donations to server.

You can charge people to donate for in game money certain prices examples

60 XP Levels 7.99 USD
    $5000 In Game Money 50.00 USD
    $2000 In Game Money 20.00 USD
    $1000 In Game Money 10.00 USD
    $500 In Game Money 5.00 USD

even edit ur sup ranks for more features
    Name prefix [ ]
    - $500 In game money /new
    - Ability to catch mobs with eggs. /new
    - Ability to set 3 /home locations.

Make it so people in order to make a faction need to have at least $5000 in game money to create one.
    Spawn doesn't need to be super fancy.

If people r complaining about getting raided there r chest shop plugins

Dont use mmco if theres ecnomy shit..

Make a pvp arena at spawn doesn't have to be gigantic
    ppl can buy pvp upgrades to battle in arena at shops at arena

make it so supporters get an extra option like /f powerboost 10. increases there fac power by 10 by each mem that has donated.

Make it so greifing is allowed only if your raiding some1 or make it if ur raiding some1 ur allowed to keep the base as your own.

Idk what else to addlol hope this helps

its a mess no grammer or anything used in this
    - I agree, the economy system was kinda broken, you could get infinite money without doing much. I wanted to fix it a week after we noticed, but for some that actually worked hard to gain it would be a letdown if I would have reset their money, so I left it.

- What do you mean by an admin shop? A shop where people can buy stuff from admin signs? That could work, but no idea about selling stuff tho, could break the economy again.

- Paying for ingame money is and always will be a big NO, it gives too much advantage to the people who can't pay.
    We already had a Pay for XP. More suggestions like these are always welcome.

- Supporter Features:
    Giving supporters the ability to edit their [Sup] tags is possible, but I am afraid of 50000 words long tags. We could give it a try.
    Giving money for certain ranks is impossible to do. There is no way we can give money (without manually doing them 1by1 which is too much work), it is only possible on initial purchase of Sup ranks through our SHOP
    We already have the ability to catch mobs and to set multiple homes.. lol.

- Paying for factions, that is possible and I think we should go that way.

- Spawn can be a little bit more "less complicated", but I feel bad for Silent for making what we already have as spawn D: And it gives the new players a nice impression about our server when they join.

- A chest protection would be nice, but the server is already as passive as is. There is barely any raiding anyways.
    What me and Silent thought of doing: Make a sort of building with rooms (vaults), where people can buy a room which has a chest in it which can only be accessed by the owner?

- MCMMO is bad for the economy, yes. It either has to be removed or made so it doesn't give money, no idea just yet.

- Don't think anyone will be using the PvP arena tho, We used to have an arena made by HZK, and it never really got used unless I spawned random mobs in it etc. And having the pvp upgrades etc you suggested, no idea how we could achieve that, is there a plugin for that?

- The powerboost is something we cannot do, there is no way to give people access to commands with delays like that. It would get abused anyways.

- Griefing -> No.

Quote Originally Posted by Nauzhror View Post
    How about just something more oldschool? I've went trough a lot of the servers and all of them have all of these plug-ins, and little of them actually have that old school feel to minecraft.

I like tekkit, but that works if players work toogether to build something and compete, not blow each other to bits.

I very much enjoy a Lithuanian build server I'm playing on the weekends, where you get up to 20 players building buildings in a preset area and them world edit-ing them into the cities / towns we are starting to fill up and liven.

You don't need heaps of people playing your server, you only need 20-30 players that are friendly and cooperative, perhaps you could even crease a small RPG server.
    - What do you mean with oldschool? lol.

- Tekkit died too fast, simply because it has OP plugins where you can simply get everything within 2 days.

- Silent did that with a couple of buildings from the creative world we have.

- I didn't mean 150 out of 150 players, lol. I would be VERY happy if our server would have 20 (or more) people on all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by leeroyjenkinsboy View Post
    I agree a lot with what russ said, just the real money=game money P2W should be gone. Heres my suggestions:

I say limit the max players in a faction or make it the more in a faction, the more you have to pay or something similar, as we don't need factions including half the server population.

Make it so you have to pay for each piece of land you claim making raiding someone require you risking your money, for possibly no return. Also making it more challenging to claim as much as your power allows, I believe factions has an exponentially growing pay per land built in.

I also would like to see a rule making bases having to be either above ground, or having an entrance that can be used if claimed, no base 100 blocks under an ocean that would require digging and someone using xray to find it.

Due to changes in nether in 1.5 we would need to make a new world, is there anyway possible to make it that the closer you are around spawn the more ores there are, and if your far diamond could be hard to find? That would keep people from going to the world max size and hiding there, and would force people to be closer in and lead to some nice battles.

Another one like russ said, no admin shops, I don't even really like having a central trade hub. As a replacement we could have chest/sign shop access for everyone, but in order to use it you would be required to build a shop for it that looks nice, not just plopping a chest down and saying "Buy here".

A world limit that's a bit bigger, or including mushroom biomes inside the world limit, Mycelium allows for easy mushroom farming, and mooshrooms can be a great food source if you can manage getting them to your base.

That brings me to my next point, Mobcatcher. Its cool, but should cost money if possible or require a diamond per mob caught to add some challenge.

No auto repairing TNT/creeper holes. I'm not saying allow someone to blow up an entire base, I am saying allow them to creeper bomb/TNT cannon into a base and raid it. TNT is hard to acquire in large numbers, and with it auto repairing its pointless to make. This server should be challenging, so lets give players one more thing to fear.

Allow flowing lava, tons of cool things are possible with it, such as auto repairing walls and cobblestone generators. Minecraft is a sandbox game, allow people to mess around with the tools they are given. I doubt its gonna be used to grief, and lava can be disabled for members/guests should it be an issue. Firespread however should definitely stay off :P

Definitely make money harder to acquire, you shouldn't be able to start a faction within the first hour of play, and thus adding a good starting challenge before you can make a faction to protect your items. Maybe you can add PvP protection to new players for their first hour, that you can opt out of, to make it so they don't have to worry about players until they should (hopefully) afford a faction.

Add the beheading mod, allowing player heads to sometimes drop upon a kill by a sword. Trophy room anyone?

The servers fun, but it offers no challenge. Hopefully these ideas can make it a challenging world and would require teamwork to make it to the top. This is all I can think of right now, If I think of anything else I will add it on. Feel free to voice your opinion/add on to what I said so Nishok and Silent can make this server fun for much longer time!

Mods I found that can accomplish some of this:
    StopLava - Bukkit This may still work, would eliminate fear of lava griefing from guest/members by only giving lava buckets to sup+.

HeadBounty - Bukkit Currently down for bugfixing, but would allow you to put a bounty on someones head.
    - I do not remember a way to limit the amount of members per faction. And having to pay extra the more members you have is also not possible. The only thing close to that is make it so when people want to join, they need to pay a fixed amount to join.

- Yes, we can make it so it costs the more land you claim (so lets say you pay 100$ for claiming your first spot, and it adds 70% extra per ground you claim, to it would cost you: 100$, then 170$, then 290$, etc). We can also make it so lets say you want to claim an area which is NOT linked to your ground, it would cost extra.

- I guess we could make that a rule, to make PvP and raidings happen more.

- No idea if we can make ores more common near spawn and uncommon away from it, I will have to talk with Spiritwind to see if this is possible or not. This would indeed be good if it could happen. Sidenote: When will 1.5 be out?

- The problem with this shop you suggested is that people would have to travel all the way to the person's little shop if they would want to buy stuff. Any idea how to fix this? Supporters can easily do /tpa, but normal members can't.

- Hmm, is there a way to check how common those mooshrroom biomes are? (For example: every 2.000 radius there will be one).

- I believe since a newer version of Mobcatcher, it is possible to make it cost money to catch a mob. Not entirely sure, I will look into this.

- We cannot really go without healing TNT holes, it heals grief which happens A LOT, without this us mods would be active 24/7 undoing grief etc. Currently the explosions start healing after 10 seconds, I could possibly make it heal after 30 seconds? Longer than that could possibly break the calculations of the plugin and make the heal go wrong if there happens to be lag.

- No idea why lava flow was disabled tho, but meh, I will fix that.

- Obtaining money will indeed be harder, as I mentioned in the previous quote. I will see if I can find a way to give new people a pvp-protection.

- THIS MOD? If so, sure. Edit: I see you posted your own link which of the mod is taken off, so I guess this is a good alternative.

I'd like a more of a PVP aspect of it. Though the ability to turn it off (with some sort of cool down) would be awesome as well if you just want to build something.
    I believe there was a way to do this, but I am pretty sure this would conflict with a couple of plugins we have, like Factions.

If you just wanna build and a faction comes and raids you most of the time they just rage quit so i say keep it in different worlds but thats just my opinion
    I can make it cost ingame money to make your factions peaceful (would need to be given manually tho). If it would be free, then every faction would be peaceful and PvP would be non-existent again.

I like russ' idea and it does seem a lot like P2W but it does give a challenge for the people that dont pay but for the people that pay lets say little amounts are not that OP over the non payers
    I try to keep the donations shopping as balanced as possible, without giving the donators a huge advantage.

Well, how about everything whitelisted players build is unbreakable by others? Obviously if it's some stupid stuff just to grief he gets a ban from the admins.

And I was sort of talking about that the player could turn on PVP and have duels in some sort of arena or just hunt others that have PVP enabled.
    No idea if your suggestion about the whitelist is possible :P

Quote Originally Posted by omarfire00 View Post
    Could we have guns? And have it like a free-for-all mod? (If it's even possible, might not be that good of an idea)

Also could you like have war factions and peaceful factions. And when two or more war factions go to war, they could actuallly go to a site where they could have like 3 days period to start building a base (Having weapons, canons, whatever they need) While not counting as griefing.
    Also for the thing you once did before 'The jobs' (Like Assassins, hunters, etc.) maybe they could have a ON/OFF state that could make them rent-able. For example, I could ask an assassin to kill someone for this amount of $$$.

We cannot install plugins which require our clients to install external packages too. (example: the guns mod).
    Having the stuff ON/OFF is not possible.
    Last edited by Nishok; 28 Jan 2013 at 03:03pm.

Subscriber
    Donations:
    $30.00
    I would love an RPG type system, but all of these ideas will come down to the same thing, after a while people will get bored of what is currently running. I feel as if the server needs to branch out, for it to be really successful it needs to be advertised, it needs another source of players to increase the player base. Perhaps a good place to start would be a subdomain on the steamgamers.com website, so

minecraft.steamgamers.com

It could have all the news, information and generally anything that is important to the current situation of the server. It has to still be linked to steamgamers, but a whole new website as well.

There needs to be a proper experience system with classes. It needs goals which people can always aim towards, even if you are a very experienced and well known player who has a major foothold.

6. Thanked by 1 user:
    Energy (28 Jan 2013)

SG Regular
    Donations:
    $160.00
    Things I've read and am too lazy to go back and quote:

-Diamond mobcatcher; please, God, no. I'm okay with it costing a bit more redstone to do but diamonds are scarce enough already.

-Ores becoming rarer further from spawn; shouldn't it be the other way around? Too many nub factions crop up on the spawn's threshold as-is. There oughta be more incentive to go exploring. Like I said before, if money is really an object, I'd be happy to help, but I really think the map boundaries should be pushed a fair bit. Nothing's a bigger buzzkill after a long trek away from civilization than finding a dozen chests full of dirt and seeing the red text telling me I can't go any further.

-Money for xp; pretty sure this is already a thing, which leads me to an unrelated question. Not that I would accuse you guys of anything, but does the removal of the villagers from the current map have anything to do with the creation of the server shop?

My ideas:

-Advertise on the steam group; seriously, just spam the everloving motherfuck out of it.

-Allow sups to effectively use TNT; I had just finished a stone-clearing project that would've gone by a hundred times faster if essentials allowed me to use TNT properly.

-Go back to normal ore scarcity; no offense, but I'd like to know what drugs made that seem like a good idea.

-Llllllllllllllllllllllllet's Play!; I can't think of a better way to advertise than a SG Let's Play series. I don't honestly think it'll reach over a few hundred views, but as long as the community has a running project, it'll keep people on Vent and MC.

-More Events; I know it must be a pain in the ass for you guys, but a weekly/monthly survival games tournament, pig racing circuit, spleef championship, etc. could lure in people who otherwise wouldn't bother getting whitelisted.

Sent from my Samsung while on the toilet
    "theer iz no ssp-00n" -tehhe msatrickss

Hurt Feelings Police
    Donations:
    $5.00
    I will be honest. Before we can do anything big , we need more minecraft staff (SA+) for

1. Builders ( 5-10 people ) - Able to build on at least my level ( which isnt asking for much ) . Build stuff for the server and for the event team.

2. Advertisment team (1-2 people ) - adverts on big MC forums , lets plays , advertisement within SG.

3. Server Moderators ( 1-2 people ) - Track xrayers , griefers and do other investigation and rule enforcement. Deal with all the QQ .

4. Event moderators ( 2-3 people ) - frequently host events.

All of the above is currently being done by only 3 people.

The reason why most things are left undone is because we simply lack the manpower. Nowhere to get these people from , nobody to help do the work , nothing gets done/finished.
    Last edited by SilentGuns; 28 Jan 2013 at 04:19pm.

Subscriber
    Donations:
    $5.00
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentGuns View Post
    I will be honest. Before we can do anything big , we need more minecraft staff (SA+) for

1. Builders ( 5-10 people ) - Able to build on at least my level ( which isnt asking for much ) . Build stuff for the server and for the event team.

2. Advertisment team (1-2 people ) - adverts on big MC forums , lets plays , advertisement within SG.

3. Server Moderators ( 1-2 people ) - Track xrayers , griefers and do other investigation and rule enforcement. Deal with all the QQ .

The reason why most things are left undone is because we simply lack the manpower. Nowhere to get these people from , nobody to help do the work , nothing gets done/finished.
    Well get more people! :P

I know this is bad, but personally, I don't play BECAUSE there isn't a lot of people. And I guarantee that's what most people do.

But I do think that if we get a good shop and a decent economy system running it would increase the amount of people playing on the server.
    Last edited by Energy; 28 Jan 2013 at 07:08pm.

Banned

Donations:
    $110.00
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentGuns View Post

1. Builders ( 5-10 people ) - Able to build on at jleast my level ( which isnt asking for much ) . Build stuff for the server and for the event team.

I believe that I have offered to be on the event team before.

And I am sorry, I am trying to be as active as possible, but I have been very busy and my computer kind of sucks right now. I can build well when I have the time also. If there is anything you need me to build, just say so. If you or any other on the MC team need anything from me, PM me and Ill find the time.

In a few days I should start having more time (It seems like I say that a lot).

SG Regular
    Donations:
    $20.00
    2) I do like the idea of buying a faction . This will limit the number of 1 man factions and stimulate PvP.
    ok well i agree with this, I myself am a 1 man faction but it would be nice to instead of having allies to merge with another faction and have the powers that i would have on someone in the same faction other than an alliance.

Better Call Saul
    Donations:
    $10.00
    Quote Originally Posted by omarfire00 View Post

Go play css if you want guns lol.

13. Thanked by 1 user:
    Energy (29 Jan 2013)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List