Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BEAGLE
    Donations:
    $55.00

pb_maxsecurity_v1

This is actually for v2 and not v1 but I decided that their was no need to create a whole new thread when this one is available.

Anyway...

I have had v1 released for awhile now and going off of that I started updating my map a little over a month ago since I did not like my first release that much. I expect it to be done fairly soon and have it fully released next time that I return school.

I am also open to new suggestions and ideas for the map so if you have any feel free to drop them with me.

I constantly post screenshots of the map and the progress that I am making on it which you can find on my STEAM Profile found here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tdtblackeagle/screenshots/

v2 Updates:
    -Updated Pool
    -Updated Waterslide
    -*NEW* Tic Tac Toe
    -*NEW* Torture Room
    -*NEW* Dodgeball
    -*NEW* Roulette Pit
    -Revamped cell area
    -Optimized Map
    -Revamped Solitary Ramp/Solitary
    -Revamped Medic
    -Added new guns in several areas
    -Updated Cell-Area Ceiling
    -Made adjustments to big cage
    -Updated Disco Music (Replaced 1 song, Added 1 song)
    -Updated Spawns
    -Fixed Various Bugs

v2 To be Updated:
    -*NEW* Nade Toss
    -Revamp Soccer
    -Add new vents/teleporter
    -Revamp Armory
    -Fix Various Bugs

Known Bugs:
    -None

Appreciate any and all feedback and again please feel free to drop any suggestions and comments. I am also open to what people think about my map and how to improve it.

SG Addict
    I could help you out if you need :D

Anyway, a good idea would to be a siren for the CT's to warn each other, and instead of giving terrorists access to an armory, you could put a small map in each cell highlighting a random area every round for a secret weapons tunnel that only is open if the map shows it. And make it so the CT's can't access the cells.

SG Addict
    humm what map is the map based off of? and so far I like the way the medic is hope its good and I would love to test it out

BEAGLE
    Donations:
    $55.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Im_a_jackass View Post
    humm what map is the map based off of? and so far I like the way the medic is hope its good and I would love to test it out
    I am trying not to make another razor setup but it looks like it may be pretty similar. But those are also the most popular maps as well. Once I get it finished I might run a test server so some people can try it. But ill cross that bridge when I get to that point.

Also hunter, I like the ideas. I may try the siren but because this is my first map I am not sure if I will implement the map idea in this one but I plan on making more if this works out. My only concern with adding like a siren to alert the the CTs is that it might get spammed or used at the wrong time. But I will keep all those ideas in mind.

SG Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackEagle View Post
    I am trying not to make another razor setup but it looks like it may be pretty similar. But those are also the most popular maps as well. Once I get it finished I might run a test server so some people can try it. But ill cross that bridge when I get to that point.

Also hunter, I like the ideas. I may try the siren but because this is my first map I am not sure if I will implement the map idea in this one but I plan on making more if this works out. My only concern with adding like a siren to alert the the CTs is that it might get spammed or used at the wrong time. But I will keep all those ideas in mind.
    oh yea about the siren it wil ldo 2 things 1:be really fucking annoying 2:be pointless and no one will even notic it.

A siren is just not worth putting in if you ask me and make sure not to put to many of to little hidden stuff like guns,teles and vents to amory.

BEAGLE
    Donations:
    $55.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Im_a_jackass View Post
    oh yea about the siren it wil ldo 2 things 1:be really fucking annoying 2:be pointless and no one will even notic it.

A siren is just not worth putting in if you ask me and make sure not to put to many of to little hidden stuff like guns,teles and vents to amory.
    It will have less than razor that is for sure. Especially less guns/nades in the cells. It may have a couple vents or maybe just one. It is really hard for me too judge because right now I am better at making it as I go along versus trying to plan it out.

SG Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackEagle View Post
    It will have less than razor that is for sure. Especially less guns/nades in the cells. It may have a couple vents or maybe just one. It is really hard for me too judge because right now I am better at making it as I go along versus trying to plan it out.
    ah well when people test it they should tell you and make usre you invite me when you do

Subscriber
    Donations:
    $30.00
    Looks really good so far, but turn RAD on and add some lighting, here's a fantastic tutorial someone showed me a couple of weeks ago;

Interlopers.net - Half-Life 2 News & Tutorials

BEAGLE
    Donations:
    $55.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweezy View Post
    Looks really good so far, but turn RAD on and add some lighting, here's a fantastic tutorial someone showed me a couple of weeks ago;

Interlopers.net - Half-Life 2 News & Tutorials
    That is the one thing that I knew some mappers would come along and tell me haha. I do plan on adding lighting instead of having a full bright map but I would like to finish it first so then I can make the lighting one time instead of deciding no I don't like this here and changing everything. But that is a good article and I will use it because the tutorial I learned on lighting was very vague on some of the more advanced controls.

I appreciate the suggestion and I know how much adding light can improve the map so I will work on that.

Thanks

10. Thanked by 1 user:
    Tweezy (21 Aug 2011)

BEAGLE
    Donations:
    $55.00
    For the disco I am looking for some songs so I am taking requests. If you guys have any requests as to what songs should be added let me know. Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List