Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    SG Addict

dont know if anyone has realized this, but merriman has pointed out quite a few flaws that really should be dealt with
    yes there are many admins, but how many of them are actually active? i have about 20-30 admins in my friends list, and there is usually no more than 4-5 online, and usually they're not even in-game
    i understand that his idea would Never work in PB because people(including sup/mem/regs) get butthurt Way to easily.
    and for those of you that keep saying 'just demo/ss them and report them', but like merriman said above, thats tedious and time consuming, and for me, i usually wont do anything if i see someone breaking rules because i know that there is really no point in reporting them because it will take forever for something to be done, if anything

2. Thanked by 2 users:
    A Loaf Pincher (28 Jul 2011), The Joker DK (29 Jul 2011)

SG Regular
    Donations:
    $20.00
    At least the above two people understand the core of my point. Sure, PB, fine, I understand.
    But anywhere else?

Maybe enable it in just 1 server as a test?
    http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic10472_4.gif

"I went out back and I got my gun, I said, 'You haven't met me, I am the only son'."

Christopher Newport University Class of 2014

SG Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Merriman View Post
    I like how you guys who call this a bad idea have so much better ones, because I've seen complaints go unanswered for days, and that's after you take the time to get sufficient proof, take a screenshot of the Steam ID, leave the game, come to the forums, post it, wait a week, then watch them maybe get banned.
    So whats your point here? How does giving supporters the ability to kick have anything to do with AO's handling complaints? This was mentioned if you wanted someone dealt with for breaking rules, giving supporters the ability to kick will just cause more problems than fixing any. Simple as that.
    Last edited by Drox; 28 Jul 2011 at 11:09am.

5. Thanked by 1 user:
    Zaraki (28 Jul 2011)

SG Regular
    Donations:
    $20.00
    Does anyone here understand that to get this privilege

YOU WOULD HAVE TO BE A SUPPORTER AND A REGULAR

For fucks sake read the entire message.

"I went out back and I got my gun, I said, 'You haven't met me, I am the only son'."

SG Professional
    Donations:
    $375.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Drox View Post
    So whats your point here? How does giving supporters the ability to kick have anything to do with AO's handling complaints? This was mentioned if you wanted someone dealt with for breaking rules, giving supporters the ability to kick will just cause more problems than fixing any. Simple as that.
    You're right, you are simple .. Player complaints go unread for days, especially when I complain about people on Surf DM. This is an attempt to fix that.

SG Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by A Loaf Pincher View Post
    Does anyone here understand that to get this privilege

YOU WOULD HAVE TO BE A SUPPORTER AND A REGULAR

For fucks sake read the entire message.
    Few months isn't a long time. 90% of people who are already supporter probably have been in here this long. I've seen plenty of you so called supporters act up enough that I know that this is a stupid idea. Which I find funny that only supporters and below so far like this idea, I don't think one admin+ has agreed this would work. Want to know why? Because we have been here for years, even some admins can act foolish with power, what makes you think supporters should be given rights that even some admins can't handle?

You're right, you are simple .. Player complaints go unread for days, especially when I complain about people on Surf DM. This is an attempt to fix that.
    This is a perfect example of why supporters shouldn't have admin, instead of being civil you try and insult someone when we are discussing something important. If you can't handle a simple conversation, why should we trust you with kicking power?
    Last edited by Drox; 28 Jul 2011 at 11:21am.

SG Professional
    Donations:
    $375.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Drox View Post
    Few months isn't a long time. 90% of people who are already supporter probably have been in here this long. I've seen plenty of you so called supporters act up enough that I know that this is a stupid idea. Which I find funny that only supporters and below so far like this idea, I don't think one admin+ has agreed this would work. Want to know why? Because we have been here for years, even some admins can act foolish with power, what makes you think supporters should be given rights that even some admins can't handle?
    Here, let me provide an example:

http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/pla...complaint.html

This wallhacker took an AO FOUR DAYS to deal with. What could happen during those 4 days? Oh, right, driving the last few players off because he could keep coming back and making us realize that no one gives a fuck about the Surf DM server so hackers can hack all they want. This will be my last reply to your idiocy.

SG Addict

This wallhacker took an AO FOUR DAYS to deal with. What could happen during those 4 days? Oh, right, driving the last few players off because he could keep coming back and making us realize that no one gives a fuck about the Surf DM server so hackers can hack all they want. This will be my last reply to your idiocy.
    So because AO's take their time on complaints, supporters should have the ability to kick? lol Silly supporters, this guy is the main reason we will never give you kicking rights. :P
    Last edited by Drox; 28 Jul 2011 at 11:28am.

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $30.00
    only some complaints take a while cuz there is sometimes a demo included and it takes some time to view it, cuz AO's are people aswell.

the racism complaints with screenshot get done faster cuz it's only a screenshot and such.

you are simple for thinking that this wouldn't get aboosed and people will start to complain and rage about it, in this community it would not work, too many trolls and such people who say "For Teh Lulz" and "herpderp" of it.

getting admin powers is a great responsibility, so if your application gets rejected it is for a reason, not cuz we don't like you.

it is cuz we think that they aren't ready for this power.

add an admin to your friendslist who is online most of the time, like me for example, i'm almost everyday in MG and a lot of people on my friendslist ask me to join cuz there is a freekiller in PB or a hacker in Surf or MG or whatever..

he will ban him if there is proof or if it's quite obvious ofc.

then he will be dealt with by us.
    Last edited by Chaoz`; 28 Jul 2011 at 11:31am.

SG Regular
    Donations:
    $20.00
    It's just a suggestion.

And of course Supporters and below like this idea. I'm not entirely saying that this is the absolutely best idea out there. No, of course there are better ideas, but I haven't seen any other attempts. This is just my two cents on the take.

If there was an easier way of reporting unruly players, then maybe there would be no need for this idea. I'm just throwing it out to help this. Like Merriman said, it's time consuming and bothersome. And then we go to ask admins (I'm not blaming any admin in particular btw) they are usually on PERP or never really on at all. Sure I see admins like Veggie, Scuba and Octavarium on a few times, but the players will be calm until an admin leaves, they even catch on to name changes. I even played with one rule breaker who was perfectly fine until ScubaToaster left, then it went haywire.

But if the higher up's disagreement makes up the majority of this idea, then throw it out. I would just like to see another, simpler way of reporting players.

Again, I'm not saying that admins aren't doing their job. I know some of them might go a little crazy with power, but obviously if they got that position, then they deserved it and who am I to say that they're not doing their job?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

User Tag List