Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    SG Addict
    Donations:
    $155.00
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaToaster View Post
    Not to be rude but we have nearly 150 admins, I understand that we all live in different timezones etc. However with that many admins just add a few and most of us are online at one time or another. I understand recording a demo is tedious and not exactly exciting but it gets the job done if none of us can be reached!

It was an interesting idea none the less thought Loaf. =]
    150 with almost 50% playing Gmod, some playing minecraft, some playing tf2 and some playing other games..

3-4 active admins that want to listen to you...
    Numbers don't mean shit scuba, it's been pointed out that in some times, there are NO admins online or playing.
    And i'm sure we can't force them.

But i can understand what you meant by it :]

EDIT: Now that i think about it.. why won't we make a schedule and let you guys do shifts? That will be the best against these threads.

SG Regular
    Donations:
    $20.00
    I mean, for example: I play Surf DM from time to time, probably more than I do MG now, and I find rule breakers and racism left and right but there's rarely an admin ever on there. They're either on Jail Break, Minigames, Deathrun or PERP.

If the feature was instituted, then we could clean up the servers a bit.

Maybe even give me admin for only Surf DM when I'm qualified and applications are open ;D
    jk

Again, I'm not saying admins aren't doing their jobs, I just wish that more would be online and could respond when we needed the ban hammer or something.

I just hope you all are understanding the whole point of the thread. I'm weighing pros and cons, suggesting requirements, a limit to the feature, etc. I know I haven't stated everything, but it's all I have for now. That's why I leave it up to discussion.
    http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic10472_4.gif

"I went out back and I got my gun, I said, 'You haven't met me, I am the only son'."

Christopher Newport University Class of 2014

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $29.00
    50% playing gmod? lawl more like 99% i dont think ive seen ripperz in ze for a few days now. wtf twilight zone.

SG Addict
    To be honest, it just wouldn't work. Giving supporters the ability to kick is like giving a monkey a handgun. If a supporter was trustworthy enough to have this ability, that supporter would have been made a admin by now or most likely in the future when we open admin apps again.

Votekick would be the same issue, supporters only voting wouldn't make sense (Since if there is only 1-2 supporters then it's a bias vote) so it would probably be a vote they only can start that everyone in the server can vote on. Which just screams to be abused, since majority will vote "yes" for the lulz of getting someone kicked.

The negatives outweigh the positives, if you need someone handled then add admins to your friends list, post a complaint, or do a shout out in cb. Giving a public group like supporters the ability such as kick, mute, ect just wouldn't work because anyone can be a supporter with a quick payment.

SG Addict
    this has been talked about and it will never happen to many random people are buying sup just to get credits and this would be over used by people who want to just "joke" around and kick there friends for the fun of it. And to add to that people would kick just to open spots up for there friend.

Banned

Donations:
    $110.00
    I think this guy is right. Clearly, all of the admins suck at their job. Give power to the people! Take down this hypocratic government that we call democracy! Let only the first-time players have the ability to ban, and give admin to everyone! Viva la rebellion!!!

7. Thanked by 1 user:
    Im a Jackass (28 Jul 2011)

SG Addict
    When we are talking about pb, there are alot butthurt people that go angry everytime they get "freekilled". There are crossfires, accidents and misunderstandings. Reason why admins lost their powers on pb was because of this.

Even still many admins use their powers too lightly, having just more people added to this is not so good idea. I usually forgive like 2-3 freekills on my self before I do anything.

So I would say that all the other servers it would be ok, but I believe it is hard if not impossible to do that and also there are people that want to ban people who annoy them; like little kids.

Also, how come I don't see that many rule breakers? I have banned like 2 people in 6 months.

BEAGLE
    Donations:
    $55.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Octavarium View Post
    I think this guy is right. Clearly, all of the admins suck at their job. Give power to the people! Take down this hypocratic government that we call democracy! Let only the first-time players have the ability to ban, and give admin to everyone! Viva la rebellion!!!
    That wasn't really what he was saying in his suggestion. He was more along the lines of rule breakers being in the server and no admins around.

SG Addict
    bad idea.

SG Professional
    Donations:
    $375.00
    I like how you guys who call this a bad idea have so much better ones, because I've seen complaints go unanswered for days, and that's after you take the time to get sufficient proof, take a screenshot of the Steam ID, leave the game, come to the forums, post it, wait a week, then watch them maybe get banned.

12. Thanked by 1 user:
    A Loaf Pincher (28 Jul 2011)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

User Tag List