Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    SG Noob

i didn't mean to derail this thread. you however were obviously baiting for a flamewar when you called his map horrible. hell, even tweezy was offended at first

bye then
    Nice edit.. no I was not baiting, calling a map horrible doesn't mean "let's argue about everything" it means the map is horrible. Lmao what is wrong with you?

Subscriber
    Donations:
    $30.00
    Ok guys that's enough... Lets get back ontopic before someone locks the thread.

Kruma, thanks for the link.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kruma View Post
    Wasn't going to respond but... allow to address some things.

1) No not an eye for an eye, I was providing some advice, you're just spouting jargon trying to start an argument.

2) 3kliksphilip is an absolute joke and anyone with decent mapping knowledge knows that for a fact. I know he puts time into making his tutorials and good on him for doing so, but his tutorials are filled with improper techniques and poor mapping ethics, that's why he's a joke to me, and the rest of the sensible mapping community, it's common knowledge to stray away from his tutorials, I'm serious, try mentioning his name to a reputable site like Interlopers or Facepunch, you'll be laughed out of the forums.

3) That's how forums work dear, it's not barging in. I just registered and decided to post on the forum... that' snot barging that's using a forum, just because you got offended doesn't make it wrong. Please stop victimizing him, it's obvious that I'm not being hostile in anyway, you're just continuing to propagate something that wasn't an issue in the first place, like I keep saying, just stop.

4) Yes, I posted my own map screenshots, why? Please actually read the thread and you will see that someone tried refuting my statement that light entities are a poor choice if you want to properly light an indoor area. He claimed that wasn't the case, so I took the kind liberty of going out of the way to take screenshots of Hammer and of how the the result of it is in-game, that's boasting? Are you serious? The whole point of those images were to tell a guy how to properly light indoor areas and I even linked him a tutorial so he could do it himself, stop making a big deal of little things.

5) And let me correct you in saying that, no, that took no where near "hours" let alone over an hour. Simple corridors like that take a maximum of ten minutes to create, it's really simple geometry with small detail here and there. Let me also correct you in saying that people will play that, because someone actually hired me to create that hallway for their mod. As I said to another user earlier, please actually know what you're talking about before you try criticizing.
    1) this is not advice: "Right now your skill matches that of all those you see on Gamebanana and the like, which is very bad." also "..that make the map so horrible, and that's what is, horrible."

2) most of the mapping community isn't as serious as you. you are obviously forgetting the fun element in source/goldsrc. jb_electric_razor is probably the ugliest/blockiest/fullbright JB map ever made, yet it is probably one of the most entertaining/fun maps if not the most

3) wait what? i'm propagating it, however you just stated "I'm done in this thread, I hope to never run into a problem with you again, as it proves to be a very unproductive experience." If it's so unproductive, why do you keep doing it? Another contradiction..

4) You just said "so I took the kind liberty of going out of the way to take screenshots of Hammer and of how the the result of it is in-game," However, you also said "This is truly one of the most ignorant things I've ever read" after Tweezy simply asked how you would do it. Kind of you. Yet another contradiction.

5) Let's see that mod development then

SG Addict
    STOP IT NOW

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hunter/zombiephobia/knife View Post
    STOP IT NOW
    why did you post that -.- i was about to make a final witty comment

Subscriber
    Donations:
    $30.00
    Guys, just stop with the comments ok. Albania, you'll do another comment, then Kruma will, then you'll retaliate. I've seen it happen far to many times...

Albania, what I said was ignorant.
    Last edited by Tweezy; 8 Aug 2011 at 02:50pm.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tweezy View Post
    Guys, just stop with the comments ok. Albania, you'll do another comment, then Kruma will, then you'll retaliate. I've seen it happen far to many times...

Albania, what I said was ignorant.
    it wasn't

Subscriber
    Donations:
    $30.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Albania View Post
    it wasn't
    Stop sticking up for me please... I was being ignorant then got proven wrong, while learning something in the process, I have no issues with that.

The Soul Still Burns.....
    Ok, both sides knock it off. This threads done, but trust me, there will be some repercussions coming out of this....

"Everybody wants to make Deliverance, but nobody wants to play Ned Beatty" - Christopher McQuarrie

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

User Tag List