Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    SG Player
    More Updates!

- Finished maze
    - Started on disco (Please give me song suggestions, I want to some hardcore raving going down!)
    - Started on making a CT tower.
    - Pics soon, also maze is super easy
    - Soon to come : Couch game, race, climb, pool, and others!

Ba_jail_desert_storm_v1[/COLOR]
    Map Progress: 35% done.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Redstarfish View Post
    More Updates!

- Finished maze
    - Started on disco (Please give me song suggestions, I want to some hardcore raving going down!)
    - Started on making a CT tower.
    - Pics soon, also maze is super easy
    - Soon to come : Couch game, race, climb, pool, and others!
    map looks gr8, if thats a skylight thing in the first pic then that looks great as well

Subscriber
    Donations:
    $30.00
    Looks good so far mate! Would love to see more!

SG Player
    Maze, Playground, and disco!
    Photo Album - Imgur
    Maze is super easy btw.

P.S. PLEASE GIVE ME SOME AWESOME RAVE SONGS!!!!!!

SG Player
    - Working on climb
    - Added some props in disco

SG Noob

First image:
    You have no trimming on the window, all the entrances have no door frames, the stairs have no railings, and there's improper use of textures everywhere, the ceiling for example.

Second image:
    Bland, blocky, similar to the other screenshots.

Third Image:
    The corridor is ridiculously small, you need to extend that to a realistic dimension.

Extreme lack of detail, the walls are barren, it's just an empty room with bad textures and three props. (Not counting the ceiling lights).

Overall:
    Your map is blocky, has umpteen misaligned textures, and has terrible lighting. It seems like you just used the light entity haphazardly, which is very ineffective anyways, you should hardly ever use the light entity for indoor lighting. There's not much else to say, it's obvious that you're a beginner or an amateur, all I can recommend is that you continue mapping for a year or so and pick-up on good habits. Right now your skill matches that of all those you see on Gamebanana and the like, which is very bad. Good luck.

SG Addict
    Kind of looks blah but the disco does look nice. Just need to add some stuff

Subscriber
    Donations:
    $30.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruma View Post
    First image:
    You have no trimming on the window, all the entrances have no door frames, the stairs have no railings, and there's improper use of textures everywhere, the ceiling for example.

Second image:
    Bland, blocky, similar to the other screenshots.

Third Image:
    The corridor is ridiculously small, you need to extend that to a realistic dimension.

Extreme lack of detail, the walls are barren, it's just an empty room with bad textures and three props. (Not counting the ceiling lights).

Overall:
    Your map is blocky, has umpteen misaligned textures, and has terrible lighting. It seems like you just used the light entity haphazardly, which is very ineffective anyways, you should hardly ever use the light entity for indoor lighting. There's not much else to say, it's obvious that you're a beginner or an amateur, all I can recommend is that you continue mapping for a year or so and pick-up on good habits. Right now your skill matches that of all those you see on Gamebanana and the like, which is very bad. Good luck.
    Should never use the "Light" entity for indoor lighting? You kidding right? So, what would happen if you have a map that needs no skybox? Gonna turn Radiosity off? Also, with good without CT's the small walkway wouldn't be an issue.
    Last edited by Tweezy; 7 Aug 2011 at 05:30pm.

SG Noob

Quote Originally Posted by Tweezy View Post
    Should never use the "Light" entity for indoor lighting? You kidding right? So, what would happen if you have a map that needs no skybox? Gonna turn Radiosity off? Also, with good without CT's the small walkway wouldn't be an issue.
    Lol. Just lol. This is truly one of the most ignorant things I've ever read. Please actually know what you're talking about before you try to criticize someone's advice.

This is how you light indoor areas, properly:

My setup:

In-game:

See? No "light" entity necessary...

And yes, the walkway is an issue. It's half-ass attitude's like this that create such a bad mapping community for Counter-Strike: Source. I think it's obvious that the hallway looks nothing like a real hallway, there is absolutely unlimited room for improvement on it, you must be dense to think otherwise. You're joking if you think the dimensions used for that hallway are anywhere near practical.

Please don't get so defensive and jump to such hasty conclusions, because as illustrated, you're proving to be quite wrong. All I'm trying to do is enlighten you all on some various details.

Also, allow me to reiterate myself in saying that any mapper with common sense absolutely would not use the light entity as the main source of lighting indoors, it's ineffective and generates poor results.
    Last edited by Kruma; 7 Aug 2011 at 07:58pm.

Subscriber
    Donations:
    $30.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruma View Post
    Lol. Just lol. This is truly one of the most ignorant things I've ever read. Please actually know what you're talking about before you try to criticize someone's advice.

This is how you light indoor areas, properly:

My setup:

In-game:

See? No "light" entity necessary...

And yes, the walkway is an issue. It's half-ass attitude's like this that create such a bad mapping community for Counter-Strike: Source. I think it's obvious that the hallway looks nothing like a real hallway, there is absolutely unlimited room for improvement on it, you must be dense to think otherwise. You're joking if you think the dimensions used for that hallway are anywhere near practical.

Please don't get so defensive and jump to such hasty conclusions, because as illustrated, you're proving to be quite wrong. All I'm trying to do is enlighten you all on some various details.

Also, allow me to reiterate myself in saying that any mapper with common sense absolutely would not use the light entity as the main source of lighting indoors, it's ineffective and generates poor results.
    Alright, my bad about the lighting, maybe you should do a tutorial for your setup. Still, none of the jail break maps go for realism do they?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List