Thread: Multiple ?'s

SG Player

Multiple ?'s

I got a few questions:
    1. How to give a player more then 100 health?
    (I tried a trigger_hurt -#, it worked but didn't give the player health over 100, basically it healed him.)

2. Making a player glow a certain color.
    (look around got frustrated looking for tuts.)

3. Making a player screen turn a tint of green.

4. Striping weapons an giving knife back.
    (I got it to strip a players weapon but for some reason the player_equip wont work, the outputs:

OnStartTouch - player_weaponstrip - strip
    OnEndTouch - player_equip

using a trigger_multiple for this.)

5. making a box around the player that no else or the player can get in or out of, for like 5 secs.
    (I have a idea how i can make it but i'm not 100% sure.)
    thx for your help.

Technical Administrator
    Donations:
    $512.00
    Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    I got a few questions:
    1. How to give a player more then 100 health?
    (I tried a trigger_hurt -#, it worked but didn't give the player health over 100, basically it healed him.)

2. Making a player glow a certain color.

3. Making a player screen turn a tint of green.

4. Striping weapons an giving knife back.
    (I got it to strip a players weapon but for some reason the player_equip wont work, the outputs:

OnStartTouch - player_weaponstrip - strip
    OnEndTouch - player_equip

using a trigger_multiple for this.)

5. making a box around the player that no else or the player can get in or out of, for like 5 secs.
    (I have a idea how i can make it but i'm not 100% sure.)
    thx for your help.

1. Make a trigger_multiple. Go to the outputs tab and add in the following:

OnStartTouch !activator AddOutput health 300 0 No (sets hp to 300).

#################

2. Make a trigger_once/multiple. Go to the outputs tab and add in the following:

OnStartTouch !activator Color <0-255> <0-255> <0-255>

<0-255> Being the amount of each color. They go in the following order Red Green Blue.

Example: OnStartTouch !activator Color 255 0 0 (this person would be red).

#################

3. Unsure.

#################

4. You need ideally two triggers for this and two entities.

First create add in an entity and then change the entity to a: player_weaponstrip and call it 'stripper'.

Create a trigger_mulitple. Set its delay before reset to 0.10. Go to its output tab and add in the following:

OnStartTouch stripper strip 0

Next create another entity and change it to a game_player_equip and call it 'givesmoke'. Turn smart edit on and add in a new propety name/value:

Key = weapon_smokegrenade
    Value = 1

Then go to the flags tab and tick the flag "Use Only" <-IMPORTANT.

Next create another trigger_multiple. Go to its outputs and add in the following:

OnStartTouch givesmoke use.

#################

5. You need to pretty much make a game_ui entity. That makes it when you left click/right click with your knife it spawns a block around the knife. Kind of the way mg_shieldassault works.

Create a knife and set it up with the game ui so it has an output on left click (would need to strip the player in order for them to pick this knife up btw).

Create a point_template entity and call it 'spawn block'. Creat the block around the knife and parent it to the knife. Make it a func_breakable or something. Add it into the point_template so that the point_template spawns it.

Now just make an output on the knife that onAttack1(or whatever its called) 'name of point_template' forcespawn.

Then if you want it to break have an output on the func_breakable that says:

onspawn -> 'name of func_breakable' -> break -> 5 (5 second delay)

Im tired and not been in SDK for a while so some of this stuff may not fully work/ I may have explained it wrong.

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $177.00
    Paul the screen tint should be able to be done with env_fade?

SG Player

Quote Originally Posted by Prez Shadow View Post
    Paul the screen tint should be able to be done with env_fade?
    I was thinking something like that, change the rgb colors some how.

Thx Paul, I'll give it a try tell you want happens, haven't mapped in over 4 years.. Should be fun haha.

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $177.00
    If you need any other help there are a bunch of mappers here including Paul and myself. Just hit us up with a PM

Ex - Technical Administrator
    for no. 3, the only way i know will affect all players, idk if thats what you want... but its using an env_screenoverlay using a custom texture, in this case transparent green.
    so OverlayName is that texture and OverlayTime is the time it should be active for, -1 for indefinitely

And not a single fuck was given this day

SG Player

Quote Originally Posted by Svendy View Post
    for no. 3, the only way i know will affect all players, idk if thats what you want... but its using an env_screenoverlay using a custom texture, in this case transparent green.
    so OverlayName is that texture and OverlayTime is the time it should be active for, -1 for indefinitely
    Ya i tried it with bots, it does effect the all clients "env_fade". Ill try the env_screenoverlay.

I like posting more . @prez

@paul:

Got everything to work.

Made the box with a func_brush, start disabled. make trigger enable it works great.

------------------------------------

Got a couple more questions, been looking around couldn't find much.

1. Make Ct spawn glowing blue an T spawn red?
    (I'm guessing its a logic, haven't really learned how to use logics an game_ui "know of any good tuts".)

2. Switching a player model in game?
    (Found some tuts but seem like more of guess work then it actually working. Like say you press a button an your turn in to a crow, or something. I know I have seen one mini game where a vending machine is bond to the player, doesn't have animation, guessing that easier then switching out the model completely. Any ideas?)

3. Making a Random spawning box, in 3 locations that can spawn a weapon,(its like 3 in one deal lol) an how to tie triggers to it, say you pick it up an you get extra health, i'm guessing more logics.
    (Haven't given it a try yet, have found any tuts.)
    Last edited by fiend; 18 Mar 2011 at 02:48pm.

SG Player
    1. Make Ct spawn glowing blue an T spawn red?
    (I'm guessing its a logic, haven't really learned how to use logics an game_ui "know of any good tuts".)
    You were answered this already...
    So, go back and read the first answer Paul gave you. If you think he didn't gave you the exact answer to make CT Spawn Glowing Blue and T Spawn Gloging Red... Dude, use a little that brain of yours... :-s

2. Switching a player model in game?
    You "can't" switch a model in-game. Some third party addons (like Zombie Reloaded I guess) allow you to use some models in some map if the server settings are like that (afaik).
    But normally, you can't change the models in-game. The crow you refer (for example) wich I believe you saw in Paranoid, its just a Prop_Dynamic, attached to a Knife. The trick here is making the human completly invisible.
    Also, if you are just going to have one running animation (Crow flying, Ant Lion running, etc, its as easy to make it an animated model than a vending machine).

The line for making someone invisible will go something like:
    OnStartTouch (or OnUse/In/Out/Etc if its a button) > !Activator > AddOutput > renderfx 6 > 0.00

3. Making a Random spawning box, in 3 locations that can spawn a weapon,(its like 3 in one deal lol) an how to tie triggers to it, say you pick it up an you get extra health, i'm guessing more logics.
    (Haven't given it a try yet, have found any tuts.)
    You need to start trying some logics by yourself already. They are easier than what you think.

In this case, you should use a LogicCase. You just start giving him outputs like:
    OnCase1 > Entity_Maker_01 > SpawnEntity
    OnCase2 > Entity_Maker_02 > SpawnEntity
    OnCase3 > Entity_Maker_03 > SpawnEntity

Now you need a Trigger_Once (or a Logic_Auto that starts on MapSpawn) to give the Logic_Case the order to "PickRandom", so he will pick one of his posible cases (33% each, he only takes into account the cases with something written, odds may not be 33% each due to poor programming on Hammer).
    The Entity_Maker_01, 2 and 3 should all refer to the same Template (if its gona be the same special weapon), and the Template should just contain the entities of the pistol, including triggers, buttons, etc...

Go ahead and give it a try. Dont think, without opening Hammer, that you didn't fully understand it. Start making it and you should get it clear (if you read a little the Flags/Options), and if not... You should know better what your problem/missing piece is.

About changing the colour of a screen... You don't need a ScreenOverlay for it (those are more for showing texts, pictures, effects) just an Envfade, like the ones used for the nukes on Zombie Escape.
    And as far as I know, you can't change the screen colour / overlay for a single player (nor team). It will allways affect everyone...

BTW, I don't like those new forums... They are like a little "cooler" (maybe?) but way harder to navigate/read/see...
    Last edited by Kaemon; 18 Mar 2011 at 10:57pm.
    Visit "Hannibal & Kaemon's Blog" here: http://rafuron.wordpress.com

SG Player

Lightbulb

Got everything to work.
    now time to start mapping.
    Last edited by fiend; 20 Mar 2011 at 11:31pm.

User Tag List