SG Addict

The Count of Monte Christo

The Count of Monte Christo

Synopsis

"For Edmond Dantes, life couldn't be better. At 19, he is soon to be captain of his own ship and about to be married to his true love, Mercedes. But his life is suddenly turned upside down when on his wedding day he is arrested. Without a fair trial, he is condemned to solitary confinement in the miserable Chateau d'If. Soon, it is clear that Edmond has been framed by a handful of powerful enemies, jealous of his success."

~ Barnes and Noble

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The...f+monte+cristo

I have had this on my wish list for quite some time but continued to forget when I went to the store. Luckily a friend of mine lent me her Nook(not my preferred style of reading), and was finally able to lay down on a couch and read it.

It's truly a great book in my and although the story has been told many times, mainly through films, I highly suggest you pick it up. I still plan to buy a hardcopy for my bookshelf.

The only real dissapointment I had, is that it's not really the epic love story that has been previously portrayed on the big screen. Generally this is a good thing in my opinion, but here, I certainly wouldn't have minded it.

Still though, it was a great, great, read, and much longer than I expected. It doesn't seem like it should be considering the pg. count, but Dumas really did create something quite amazing.

I just don't come across this quality, and I expect not many do anymore, and that's a damn shame.

Again, if you can, be sure to check this out, and especially if you were a fan of the movies.
    Last edited by Elleon; 16 Feb 2011 at 10:19pm.

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $29.00
    i really loved the movie, havnt seen the original, just the most recent one. ill def give it a read. or try to at least ;)

SG Addict

It's to bad you spelled it wrong.

@Topic

Even the abridged versions are really good, I haven't been able to find a full translated version at my local borders.

SG Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
    It's to bad you spelled it wrong.

@Topic

Even the abridged versions are really good, I haven't been able to find a full translated version at my local borders.
    I didn't even notice until now XD

Probably because I was a little tired lol

Can't be scratched!
    Donations:
    $20.00
    A good read.

Sad you waited so long to read it .. It's part of Project Gutenberg which makes digital copies public domain and free to download from tons of different sources. E-readers on the iPhone, Droids, etc. all have it as a free download if they have access to Project Gutenberg.

Frag the weak, hurdle the dead!

User Tag List