Technical Administrator
    Donations:
    $3936.00

Since people keep asking

[BUG] Random server crashing - seems to be an Engine Error

I've used the lua addon towards the end of the thread on our server as I've witnessed this several times happening. A body hits the floor, starts moving itself and begins spazzing and stretching itself across the map, moments later the server poops on itself.

This is not going to be removed. A few bodies disappearing is worth it for damage limitation. I think most people would agree if it stops the server crashing it would be more beneficial to the population.

The only thing I can alter is the amount of movement before it begins to spaz out. IE. Allowing more movement = less bodies disappearing = more risk of server crash. Vice versa - Giving less movement = more bodies disappearing = less server crashes. Really it's just a balance in the middle and it should be fine except for cases such as c4 explosions (I'm looking for a way to stop the knockback), any sudden corpse jerks (such as using the magneto stick), or anything that just happens to move a ragdoll very quickly. Try to avoid anything like this and it will mean less bodies disappear.

In the meantime, Garry and his fail engine will be the next fix. Until then, you got this.

2. Thanked by 1 user:
    Mad Dogg (19 Jul 2013)

Server Administrator
    Donations:
    $85.00
    MORBUS? :D

User Tag List