Plot

In the world of The Dresden Files, magic is real, along with vampires, demons, spirits, faeries, werewolves, and other mythical monsters. Harry Dresden works to protect the general public, who are ignorant of magic and the dark forces conspiring against them. This makes it difficult for Harry to get by as a working wizard and private eye. The Chicago Pled by Karrin MurphyD's Special Investigation unit, when , regularly employs Dresden as a consultant to help solve cases of a supernatural nature.

Not the best description, but I'm sure you get the idea.

The series seemed a bit childish once I read the description on the back of the book and since the whole fad of Harry Potter was still popular as hell, I decided to pass up the purchase and lean more towards my backup entertainment of manga.

4 months later after I discovered and watched the television show on hulu, I ended up falling in love with the series and almost kicking my own ass for not realizing its potential.

The series is written in first person perspective, so if your not interested in that style, Jim Butcher also has another Fantasy series called ( Codex of Alera) written in 3rd person. Which other people will say is even better than the Dresden Files.

I love both of these series and all I can do is hope that I can get others hooked on them as well.

Codex of Alera is a 6 book series that ended in 2009 but the Dresden files is still ongoing with 12 books so far, plus one book of short stories.

Audio books of the Dresden Files is narrated by James Marsters.

For those who don't know who he is, he is the guy who played Spike on the hit television series, Buffy the vampire slayer & Angel.