Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    SG Addict
    So this means I can't go to Arizona when I swim the Atlantic to get in the USA?

SG Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreiD View Post
    So this means I can't go to Arizona when I swim the Atlantic to get in the USA?
    Unless you have a visa.
    The long run is a misleading guide to current affairs. In the long run we are all dead.

-John Maynard Keynes, 1st Baron Keynes

SG Professional
    i see two sides to this law.
    1. you shouldn't have anything to worry about if you're a legal citizen which means you aren't here illegally breaking the law, mooching off the health care system... and so on...
    2. at the same time i would be really fuckin pissed off if i was a person of mexican or latin american descent who is a legal citizen and gets pulled over or stopped on the street every day due to "probable cause".
    http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic5387_1.gif

4. Thanked by 2 users:
    Bilbo Baggins (30 Apr 2010), Veggie (30 Apr 2010)

Subscriber
    Donations:
    $35.00
    Well after hearing more about it there is a lot wrong with this law. Most likely it will be struck down.

Legends
    Until the Federal government gets off its ass and deals with this problem that it's been skirting for years on end we'll end up with States trying to deal with it in their own ways, such as these.

So instead of Washington balking at States, how about you fucking DO SOMETHING FOR A CHANGE.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathek View Post
    what. the. fuck. i have never understood this or any opinion on this subject similar to it. you cannot describe their existence without the word illegal. i have never understood why there is any debate at all. they are here illegally, not paying taxes or anything else that would contribute.
    Therefore ask them to leave , if they dont use violence

SG Professional

I don't think the Arizona law is right, but I do believe that something must be done to reduce the number of illegal immigrants. If you are living in the US then you should be subject to paying taxes like everybody else. Part of the problem is the US itself from the reading I've to familiarize myself with the whole illegal immigration issue (we really don't have much of an illegal immigration problem in Maine lol) I got the impression that there is a backlog for most green cards that is years long. Maybe I'm wrong but if I needed a job to make a living I probably wouldn't wait years to do it legally.

The problem with the Arizona law is that it encourages racial profiling something which I don't think is right. The only way the law could be enforced in a fair manner would be for the Arizona police to set up road blocks and check everybody's papers, something which would piss a lot of people off.

SG Addict
    If you give policemen the right to stop anyone they think is suspicious on the street and ask for their papers you are pretty much heading for communism.
    In old communist Romania we had a law just like that; the police could stop anyone and ask for their papers. Isn't there a constitutional right to say that you are a legal american and that you don't want to show any papers? Isn't that like a loophole?

Subscriber
    Donations:
    $35.00
    Sherriff just gunned down in Arizona my illegal immigrants with a AK47, just announced on CNN.

SG Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie View Post
    Sherriff just gunned down in Arizona my illegal immigrants with a AK47, just announced on CNN.
    That and the governor signed a bill that changes the law so that the officer can only stop the suspected illegal immigrant if they broke another law.

From CNN:

Under the law, police would be able to detain an individual based merely on the suspicion that he or she entered the country illegally. But one of the changes -- which had been adopted by state lawmakers Thursday night -- says police could stop suspected illegal immigrants only while enforcing some other law or ordinance.

An officer could only ask about an immigrant's legal status, for example, while investigating that person for speeding, loitering or some other offense.

Also about the attack, the deputy should survive. According to the sheriff's office in that area, it was a group of 5 suspected illegal immigrants. They were pulled over; one pulled out an AK-47 and shot the deputy. The sheriff's office also says the suspects ran off with a bunch of marijuana, so it is beyond just a simple illegal immigrant retaliation.
    Last edited by Italian Jew; 30 Apr 2010 at 07:54pm.

No, nothing is wrong.

12. Thanked by 2 users:
    Kuro (1 May 2010), Lordcrazy (30 Jul 2010)

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

User Tag List