Thread: A Concern

SG Addict

A Concern

Well, i'll start off by saying how awesome the Gmod server is, The TTT mod is fun, and the server is almost always full at night. Our server becoming so popular in such a short time was really great, it's fairing by far beter than our short lived venture into TF2 (RIP TF2 Server, RIP).

Now then, onto my concern. This evening i went onto the Gmod server, planning to spend some time enjoying the fun of killing innocent terrorists and what not. All was well for a bit, until a hacker came on. This hacker had Aimbot's and speed hacks. The hacker proceeded to make the server a miserable place for us, killing everyone, regardless of wether they where innocent or traitor. Annoyed, i decided to get an admin to come over and deal with this bastard.

I then began a long quest of actually finding an admin who had powers on the server, i spent over an hour asking different people if they had admin powers on TTT, and asking those admins who lacked Admin powers to inquire on Vent for anyone who did have Gmod server powers. During this time, more hackers came, causing grief for us players, and slowly causes people to leave.

It took probably close to, if not more than 2 hours to finally get someone with admin powers onto the server and deal with 2 of the 3 hackers. 2 Hours. Most admins i talked to said they didnt have Admin powers on the Gmod server, and i know none of us apprentices have powers on it either.

I personally feel that if we do not have more people with admin powers on the Gmod server to deal with hackers, griefers, etc, then the server may eventually loose it's popularity due to hackers coming on, and no Admins there to deal with it. 2 Hours, in my opinion, is way too long of a response time to hackers on the server. If more people had powers (Like all of our SG admins), I'm certain that the problem would have been dealt with in 10-15 minutes tops, depending on if there was an admin in the server at the time or not.
    Last edited by Ultramarine; 11 Mar 2010 at 09:33pm.

SG Addict
    Just message me, Im almost always on steam and will glady come on the server if I am not already on the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotshotPolka View Post
    Your opinion is your sacred right. It's also my right to suggest your sacred right go fall into a trash compactor filled with HIV infected needles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    whoops smell that? thats your ban coming in hot and greasy.
    Odd Future.

SG Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Dog View Post
    Just message me, Im almost always on steam and will glady come on the server if I am not already on the server.
    I'll keep that in mind the next time something like this happens, but the point im trying to make is that very few seem to have admin powers on the server, i noticed this when playing with alot of [SG] whatever players, the majority of them didnt have powers, infact, i've seen maybe 5 people during my time on the server who do have admin powers.

Banned

Donations:
    $12.00
    From what I've heard only one SG-A has admin powers on TTT aswell.

Banned

Tbh I feels its good most people dont have admin on it. But thats not the point the reason most people dont have admin on it is because they are too fucking lazy to go read the goddamnd admin section and apply for it. Also admins have to be added one by one which takes a fuck load of time so if they aint gunna play the server theres no point in wastin time giving it out.

Also, send me a message if you need me on there [idk if you have me on Steam but theres always vent].

Legends

Ultramarine, you can apply for it if you just ask mNote. SG-A's can apply for TTT admin.

Here's a list of TTT admins for any future problems :-

"mNote"
    "Crimson"
    "TCP-Kill"
    "Tink"
    "Dracula"
    "Suri"
    "Shamwow!"
    "SoulKeeper"
    "Acessed"
    "Toxin"
    "Tweezy"
    "Psyche"
    "Jonke"
    "The Good Tyrant"
    "SilentGuns"
    "TheVirus"
    "EspioNage"
    "LunarKirby" "
    "Neji"
    "Flick"
    "andre1028"
    "Eversmen"
    "Double Sb"
    "Boobcake"
    "Awacs"
    "Tank40175"
    "Henrikiw"
    "Third"
    "Luxz0rz"
    "President Shadow"
    "Cranks"
    "Chobber"
    "Haggard"
    "Venomous Fate"
    "Caution"
    "Spartan"
    "Cooki3Monsta"
    "Bad Dog"
    "FullMetal"
    "Modgers"
    "Elleon"
    "Mercy"
    "HighSky"
    "Josh"
    "MorningAfter"
    Last edited by Daze; 12 Mar 2010 at 07:08am.
    Retired Legendary Great

User Tag List