Thread: ba_chadelam

SG Professional

ba_chadelam

I was hoping that some folks would be willing to dl and take a look at this map. I would appreciate some feed back, balance ideas, glitches ect.

Know that I am fully aware that most of the disco buttons dont work, and that a few textures and custom mdls are not showing, Im not to worried about those though cuz ill fix em in a future version.

Also Im uploading this to rapid share, so only the first 8 or so ppl who dl will be able to get it. If you dl this plz give me feed back!

If the rapid share link expires and there are still ppl looking to review, plz let me know, and I will upload again.

http://rapidshare.com/files/34895663...er_b1.bsp.html

SG Addict
    i gave a quick look at this map ... (notice the quick )

it's a cool looking map (i think mostly based on the game chronicles of riddick escape from butcher bay)

at first,

- i like how u did those ladders ... took me 4 rounds before i figured it out ...
    - i like the way u did the cells (howeva ... i wouldn't make the floor move but rather stretch out (so u have less risk to fall
    - i don't like how u have so many chances to fall to your death ... i did it ALOT (i sugest a teleport to somewhere)
    - i didn't get to see all ur maps since some doors were locked the 1 time & open the other time & i didnt found the why on that part

at second,

problem1: armory ... 1 time it opens 1 time it just stays close ... which means i don't get guns which means i don't get acces to ladders etc ...

problem2: way to many chances to die there ... i was just exploring the map & i died 5 times

problem3: the sewers (or sth like that) if u drop in the water ... 50 damage is too much ... could aswell make it 100 cuz once u drop in it ur dead (if u drop dead in there the water glitches ... could there be a leak in ur map?

to end it;

the map looks absolute badass but i don't know if it'll work good ...
    there are soo much ways to die in ur map beside from enemy fire & ur map seems to be a maze ... it really confused me ... i got lost so many times & i got stuck before doors i couldn't get to open, like infermary

things i'd sugest to change;

1. make ur map less deadly (fall into pit = teleport not death)
    2. put some colour lines on the floor leading to stuff (new ppl will be easily guided then)
    3. tell somewhere how to use the ladders (it took me some time) [same for infermary]
    4. make the armory accesable

hope this was helpfull for ya & i hope u can get these things fixed cuz ur map really looks badass

"I haven't comitted a crime. What I did was fail to comply with the law." -- David Dinkins

SG Professional
    [QUOTE=Exacto-Be;368697]i gave a quick look at this map ... (notice the quick )

it's a cool looking map (i think mostly based on the game chronicles of riddick escape from butcher bay)

lol dude, nice. I have yet to read your entire post but props on seeing where my inspiration came from. When I started this map a year ago or so I was gonna call it "meat grinder bay"

ok I read the rest of it now.

If you found the factory"follow the map signs pointing to "work", there is a door marked "guards only". Located there is a card shaped button, pushing this causes a panel by armory to open up. When it does, you break the circuits in there and the armory opens. Also inside of the sewers If you can run the whole course there is a tele that leads to the armory.

As for the sewer, Ill prlly change the damage to 100, as its ment to kill you. Like I said theres a tele to the armory and another tele to a vent in there. And the glitch is just seeing the nodraw texture right under the slime, Its not a leak, just a minor visual glitch.

I luv falling to my death and the sense of danger that comes with it. A tele is a good suggestion but if I used it in the main cell area it would defeat the main purpose of my design, which was to kill afks! But like I said, I like the danger of it as well, and im hoping ts can catch some lucky breaks in hairy fire fight situations.

At the start of evey round the map chooses a portion of the map to be played on. Either the main A area, with the lunch, swiming pool ect. Or the "c" area, that contains soccer, chapel and deathrow. Its random, the console should say "C" day if that side is open. Also when one side opens it locks the other side, and that could have lead to some confusion for you.

Any more really lethal spots you found troublesome? I dont know if you noticed, but most of the doors in the map crush to kill. I figured this might cause some QQ but not only does it help my maps frame rate, but Im also basically giving the Ts a weapon to try and kill the cts with.

I think Ill go ahead and add more signs thank to your input. Ill also make some signs that address the way the ladders work and mybe even something to warn ppl about he long drops =)

As you prlly saw, the medic station is ment to be a 2 man operation, you can heal with just one person, but it takes forever. Mybe ill make some kind of sign to indicate that 2 ppl are needed here as well.

Thank you for the input kind sir!
    Last edited by awesomebillfromdawsonvile; 13 Feb 2010 at 06:36pm.

User Tag List