Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    SG Regular

ze_mario_tower_v1

After alot of hard work my mario map is ready to for some try-outs and crticism

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?z1tijmjzku2

Theme Cts and Ts must reach the the saftey of the safe castle by treking up the first castle and across the bridge. Bowser and other characters will try to stop you, all while during a zombie outbreak.

time taken to build - more than 10 hours combine. (fuck i lost track)

screenshots

Technical Administrator
    Donations:
    $512.00
    Nice, ill try it on the escape server now

Technical Administrator
    Donations:
    $512.00
    Maps pretty decent, just needs a few fixes/ changes.

- There are various places around the map with missing textures.
    - At the end when the nuke goes off, zombie can sruvive if they dont fall down to the bottom/ stand on top of the bridge when it falls. (make a huge nuke trigger or something)
    - The ending lets the map down a lot, holding a box off for 50 seconds is zzzzz. =S

Overall, maps pretty good, GJ.

SG Regular
    - At the end when the nuke goes off, zombie can sruvive if they dont fall down to the bottom/ stand on top of the bridge when it falls. (make a huge nuke trigger or something)
    - The ending lets the map down a lot, holding a box off for 50 seconds is zzzzz. =S

-strange, i used pakrat to load up all the textures, so they should all be there unless it messed up, in which case ill pak the map again.

- At the end when the nuke goes off, zombie can sruvive if they dont fall down to the

I was pretty i had that all down with all trigger hurts covering everywhere, ill check to make sure i didnt leave some out.

The ending lets the map down a lot, holding a box off for 50 seconds is zzzzz. =S

I'll try and figure out something more exciting, im kinda spent for the moment but ill work something up.

Official Community Mapper
    Quote Originally Posted by NLS CEL View Post

-strange, i used pakrat to load up all the textures, so they should all be there unless it messed up, in which case ill pak the map again.

- At the end when the nuke goes off, zombie can sruvive if they dont fall down to the

I was pretty i had that all down with all trigger hurts covering everywhere, ill check to make sure i didnt leave some out.

The ending lets the map down a lot, holding a box off for 50 seconds is zzzzz. =S

I'll try and figure out something more exciting, im kinda spent for the moment but ill work something up.

I would suggest having one person without the textures test the map to make sure the pakrat works correctly this next time. As for a suggestion with holding the end:
    1.) Perhaps extend the map maybe? You know the Star door at the end of the map, you should have that open after a set amount of time (lower the current 50 second timer to about 20-30) and have the players move inside. To ensure that the human have a safe start to stop defending, perhaps a wall that blocks the zombies for 5 seconds. This new area could be comprised of stairs/blocks or perhaps an elevator which the players climb to reach to top of a tower??? Just a thought I got from the name of the map "ze_mario_tower_v1".

2.) Keep the way the map ends currently but add a teleport for the zombies to the opposite side of the bridge of the end. What this would do is get more of an "interesting" ending. You'd have to make sure it works, it may be imbalanced.

Maps Made: ze_blackmesa, ze_omega, ze_sst

SG Regular
    ok, i think i got some good ideas.

Don't Stop Believin'
    These maps looks grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat!

SG Regular
    I have a verison 2 almost done, just have to fix a few more things and ill post it for someone to test out if they wish to.

Technical Administrator
    Donations:
    $512.00
    Quote Originally Posted by NLS CEL View Post
    I have a verison 2 almost done, just have to fix a few more things and ill post it for someone to test out if they wish to.
    Post the link to the download on my page and ill add it for another test.

SG Regular
    im uploading the V2 of mario and the v4 of mountainpass.

ill post a link to them in a pm. hopefully the textures where kept this time.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

User Tag List