Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SG Noob

ze_icecap_escape

Well, I just finished uploading this on fpsb and wanted to get some community feedback, hope this map give a classic feel when playing it, thx. :P

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/116009

Official Community Mapper
    Out of curiosity I have decided to "test" the map out to give a good opinion on the map which you've probably have been waiting for. Now, I saw both good and bad things about the map and I will attempt to release my findings as descriptive as I can.
    To start out the map felt very nice, something like a traditional boatescape map. Its run through was pretty much identical to boatescape but with some variety (such as the sled in the middle of the map). This is definitely a map that could be placed on an escape server because it performs well enough, although I am not sure if it would be the most popular map. The problems with the map are that the map feels to generic with the feel of the boatescape maps. The problem with the map being too much like boatescape is that it is something we've already experienced. You see, players (especially zombie escape players) move on to different map phases looking for the new experience. Your other map you've made, ze_ocean, was something unique a new experience for players (an escape map placed underwater) was very original for a ze map. It is a task that captures most map makers to wanting to make their map unique and apart from other maps. These are just a few of my opinions on the map. Please note that these statements don't exactly critique the gameplay of the map because I have not tested the map with other various players.

Overall this map is not anything we haven't seen but it definitely captures the true heart of escape.
    Last edited by Bill Smauz; 3 Nov 2009 at 09:37pm.

Maps Made: ze_blackmesa, ze_omega, ze_sst

SG Noob
    Thx, thinking about it now, it does seem alot more like boat escape than I though it did. Also alot of maps i see nowaday seem too jazzed up that they lose than zm feel to me, but I'm glad it atleast gives that old feeling. :P

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $5.00
    Please, try and get this map added, this is GREAT!
    I loved it.

SG Regular
    I played it yesterday when you were on it . its a pretty fun map to play but its like boat escape that makes it a bit boring but i like the bath tub at the end really good touch xD and i like the secret you added to tho i still want to know how to get there :z

SG Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ApeXx View Post
    I played it yesterday when you were on it . its a pretty fun map to play but its like boat escape that makes it a bit boring but i like the bath tub at the end really good touch xD and i like the secret you added to tho i still want to know how to get there :z
    I agree that I too would like to know more about this secret you added to the map since I too was playing on it at the same time.
    Its a really good map I find it a lot of fun. It does play like any other boat escape for the most part but those are also very popular maps along with death star. I think for the most part it is fairly balanced. depending on how the players play it can easily go either way. But I would say that there is something missing something that can be added to make it a little more unique and original.

SG Noob
    Thx for the feedback, and Ima finish a new versiob in a couple of days, going to add a section after the river/before the escape area to give it some length (frozen lake/forest or something) and a few more secerts since people really seem to like those. @.@

SG Addict
    i have some critiques..

-dont make the boat ride so long
    -make it so people can actually catch up to the boats if they decide not to take them
    -fix the bottle neck after the part where the bridge blows
    -make the armory a little ezier to access

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $155.00
    Quote Originally Posted by KuroKon View Post
    i have some critiques..

-dont make the boat ride so long
    -make it so people can actually catch up to the boats if they decide not to take them
    -fix the bottle neck after the part where the bridge blows
    -make the armory a little ezier to access
    Also the bobsled is TOO glitchy...
    There are always 3 people who fall out in the air, and fall into the water...

SG Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by -Zaraki- View Post
    Also the bobsled is TOO glitchy...
    There are always 3 people who fall out in the air, and fall into the water...
    Well, I finished the PB section, so I'll try fixing some of these things, till they need me again :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List