Donations:
    $204.00

Deathrun_SwimForIt

-:"Map Name":-
    Deathrun_SwimForIt

Total Time Spent on map to date
    Approx. 21 Hours

What is my map about?

Well. I was working on deathrun_internet, and it wasn't really turning out how I was hoping that it would. I tried redesigning it - but I never really got anywhere with that. So, I decided to drop it, and throw it in the garbage. Now, I present to you Deathrun_SwimForIt. I wanted to create a map that is unique, something that no one has done yet. So, the map revolves around swimming for your life. If you try to rush, you may find out that you're dying from lack of air :o, and must reach an air pocket. It's a unique idea, and I'm not actually sure how it'll be accepted. New strategies must be used to pass the traps - no more strafing, or bunny hopping.

All sorts of traps are used, from being electrocuted, eaten by fish, squashed by falling rocks, drowning - it's all there. Included are 14 traps controlled by terrorists, and 2 non-controlled obstacles. (Floating barrels? Onoz!)

Completion Percentage?

90%.

Current Map Plans/ What I will be doing
    I've completed all the traps that I've planned on. All that remains is to complete the secrets, and ending room. After that - it's set to go. (I'll hopefully have it out by tomorrow. ) Though, I have tested all the traps and know that they work well - I'm not sure if theirs enough to kill 30 people. Perhaps I'll need to add much, much more after testing with a server full of people. We'll see. o.O

Screenshots
    See attatchments.

Link to FPSB WIP
    N/A

Programs Im using
    Hammer Editor
    Paint
    Photoshop 7
    VTFedit

Map By
    MPQC
    Last edited by MPQC; 30 Apr 2010 at 08:51am.

Genetic Beast Lobster

Looks very interesting Look forward to seeing how it plays. I can see the water making it a little too hard, but at the same time it is definitely unique, and change is good

SG Addict
    sweet. if i see this on the deathrun server ill check it out. Sounds alot different than traditional deathrun

Banned

Wow. This is definantly different from all other deathrun maps. I'll be sure to play it as soon as its on the deathrun server!

not rankless?
    Donations:
    $204.00
    Well, did some testing today. Fixed a lot of bugs o.O. Should be good to go on the deathrun server, so whenever FPSBanana comes back up, I'll upload then request it. :]

SG Addict
    Omg Sounds soo cool.
    And I bet its gonna be good since its made by you :D
    I always see you on deathrun , so , you should know whats good nd what isnt !
    Hope to see it on the server!

User Tag List