Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dancing Queen

A Discussion About The Logistics of a Last Right

This is a DISCUSSION thread so that we can have a civilized discussion about the issue of LR.

As of now these rules stand...
    1. NO last request has to be given (This rule is not up for debate and has been discussed thousands of times)
    2. When a CT gives a T a LR, whatever rules are made up for that LR do not matter, the only rules that must be followed in a LR are our server rules
    3. Even in a Last Request, as soon as a T attacks a CT the other CTs can attack said T per our server rules
    4. We EXPECT that all players will follow the rules that are created for a LR, and if they do not they are an asshole. But they are NOT TO BE BANNED, since they have broken no server rules.

5. Finally I do not want to seem all high and mighty, because I am not. I consider all admins equal to me and I do not consider myself to be above them. However, any admin who knowingly bans someone for a rule that IS NOT listed in our rules list is not only banning someone illegally and making up rules, but is guilty of knowlegeable insubordination of a higher up who has laid down the rules. (This part is specifically directed at one admin, and all I ask of that admin is to not ban for this until this discussion is complete and we determine the rules, Thank You, and know that I love you very much and am only asking you to do this so I wont have to strike you because I know you are a good admin)

Maybe you want to make a rule saying that if a T is given a LR, the CTs must follow through on that LR or be banned. If you support these rules or want to see a new rule in place this is the area to do it.

Once this discussion has concluded I will issue my final opinion as to what I think should happen, and then I will summon a BD to issue a final ruling. I do not intend to spew my opinion all over this thread, I simply want to act as a moderator who can stop flamming and point out any inconsistencies.

Please be kind, any posts that contain flamming or swear words without good reason will cause me to delete every post you make in this thread from then on. Keep it civil guys and gals.

Much love,
    Venomous-Fate
    Last edited by *Queen VenomousFate*; 4 Jul 2009 at 03:27pm.

Dr. Dianne Kérchy Vivian Darkbloom

2. Thanked by 3 users:
    Epic Bread Man (4 Jul 2009), Metal (4 Jul 2009), Suffering Knave (5 Jul 2009)

* Minecraft
    Maybe we need a separate MOTD for LR stuff :\ Seems to be a lot of bitching, not including the people complaining that the other CT was a dick, when another CT screws up an LR. The LR thing is fun, especially when you're a T giving a CT an LR.

Dancing Queen
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVirus View Post
    Maybe we need a separate MOTD for LR stuff :\ Seems to be a lot of bitching, not including the people complaining that the other CT was a dick, when another CT screws up an LR. The LR thing is fun, especially when you're a T giving a CT an LR.
    There currently is. a special one for PB. This one is to determine whether or not we want to make a new set of rules for LR stuff.

Right now I would like to make another appology. I know I have told people in big red text that if it is not in the MOTD it is not a rule. However, this statement was only partially true, because while the MOTD is a good source for our rules, the current 100% up to date server rules are those listed on the forums. The MOTD has most rules, but occassionally when we update one on the forums it doesnt make it to the MOTD for a few weeks.

So please, for the final authority on whether or not something is a rule, check the forums.

* Minecraft
    I just finished reading most of the other post on this topic and there seems to be adamant opinions on both sides. Though I have not been here long, I must say that from all of the LRs I've seen and from the admins opinions in-game, that when a T kills a CT, even in an LR situation, that T is marked for dead.

I think there needs be to be some clarification on what applies and does not apply in LR situations. I think the CTs have every right to kill a T should said T attack another CT, regardless of situation. I won't kill a T if he wins an LR, but I can't stop my fellow teammates from doing it. People don't seem to fully understand what a Last Request is and what applies.

As stated before, it's a role-playing server. If you were in a real life situation where a fellow guard told a prisoner that he could challenge him to a dual, would you not kill that prisoner if he won? Sure, it's complete fantasy and would never happen in a civilized world, but that's why we play the game.

To sum it up: I think the current rules (listed above) are fine. I don't think that giving an LR to a T should allow that T to continue to challenge other CTs if they do not want to. I think adding more rules to the LR will only make it more confusing and will cause more threads in the future and also get people banned or kicked for not knowing.

SG Addict
    maybe update some of that shit on the motd, cause it seems alot of it seems just plain dumb.

Dancing Queen
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante View Post
    maybe update some of that shit on the motd, cause it seems alot of it seems just plain dumb.
    Like i said before, our MOTD needs to be updated more often. However we cannot discuss that issue here since only the BDs can update the MOTD. You have to talk to them about that.

Back to the topic

SG Professional
    Sounds good VenomousFate thanks for this Topic,

champagne & cocaine
    Firstly, I'd like to apologize to you Venomous, I get a little stubborn sometimes when it comes to PB, mainly because it's been my favorite server for almost a year now. And on top of that, I wasn't aware of AO's not being in charge of single servers anymore. I will hold off on punishments now that there is an actual discussion on it, and I thank you for it. Also, love ya too ;P.

Anyways, here's my whole thing with the LR issue. I don't mind that it's not an actual rule to give a LR, but if a CT agrees to one, I believe that he should damn well hold himself to it.

I'll respond to each topic and most posts to defend my points later tonight, I'm on my phone and it's a pain to post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Swede View Post
    Yes voters:
    By those who DID vote yes for you, to be honest, I am not sure if they were just kidding, or being serious. But words like "he is rightful to his throne", "yolo" and one described you as "jesus".

SG Professional
    Is it possible to have a !lr script thing but the ct has the option to deny it?

SG Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by MtrxMn View Post
    Is it possible to have a !lr script thing but the ct has the option to deny it?
    That!

I personaly dont support the fact that the Ct can kill the T while his having his LR .But once his finished its ok to kill him.

Basically after a T finishes a S4S (he wins) the other ct's can kill him.Why? Because his LR is over,he got what he wanted ,end of story.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

User Tag List