Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Legends
    Quote Originally Posted by PotshotPolka View Post
    You forgot having fun conversations with the CIA in foreign languages.
    LOL, I never thought about it that way.

I thought they made pot illegal after prohibition was repealed and they said people went on murderous rampages when stoned, that was the excuse.

SG Addict
    Marijuana was targeted by none other than the treasury departments very own hack Arnslinger, who basically argued that the drug derived from the flower of the hemp plant, which up until that point was perfectly legal and was used to make a great deal of products including rope and clothing. The treasury department, based on a smear campaign that "negroes and mexicans" were using it and raping "white wimminz", put a 2 dollar an ounce tax, which was a LOT of money in 1937 than it was now.

I disagree with the status of marijuana currently due to economic reasons. If they want to make it an offense that can be fined, so money is being made, I would not argue for its decriminalization... however, the current method of seeking incarceration for having a joint is a terrible use of resources. Jails should hold financial criminals and murderers... not people that decided to go get high and play bomberman.

This being said, I don't necessarily believe in legalization altogether either. We have a HUGE problem in this country with excess, and despite my often libertarian leanings, I cannot really say with confidence that people would police themselves, nor would WE necessarily get out of having to pay for pot-addled, sit at home, obese assholes that welfare it up while smoking their legally acquired stash. Despite the fact that Red, and many other people I know went out and did something with their lives, I know at least as many that have not moved 1 step out of high school, or haven't even done that... I really prefer NOT to have more lazy do nothing imbeciles sucking up the public dole.

I think Legalization, and taxation while attractive at first as an option would carry with it severe consequences. We have been trying to deal with the health concerns caused by tobacco for nearly half a century. Marijuana, despite what the local normal chapter wants to tell you DOES contain high amounts of Tar, in fact, one dime piece joint (if the numbers are still the same) has the same amount of tar as an entire pack of marlboro reds (cowboy killers, in the red box). In addition to the tar, marijuana contains close to 300 other agents in it, which we really do not know what they do. In the end, an FDA approved marijuana joint (probably 10 years from now, given how slow FDA is to approve anything but their own budget), will be radically different from the crypto you buy from Talik at the basketball court, and more than likely high priced, even higher than current street value. This is not just a matter of "legalize and tax", the cost for research for safer versions of the smokeable marijuana will be folded into the cost of the product, plus EVERY FUCKING STATE will add their own excise tax, PLUS the federal excise and sin taxes... next think you know, a pack of joints will cost you 50-100 dollars for an amount that would normally cost you 20-50 in its base form.

In addition to all this, what do you do when someone gets high and does something stupid... crashes a car or (red, remember this one) steals a road sign? The congress that passes this had better have balls and polls of steel, because after little 15 year old johnny pulls his dick out in the back yard in front Ms. Smith and her darling daughters of 5 and 8 in the heart of Texas of because he got high and just couldn't stop thinking about Carmen Electra there WILL be law suits, big and ugly ones.

Legends
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalSmash View Post
    In addition to all this, what do you do when someone gets high and does something stupid... crashes a car or (red, remember this one) steals a road sign? The congress that passes this had better have balls and polls of steel, because after little 15 year old johnny pulls his dick out in the back yard in front Ms. Smith and her darling daughters of 5 and 8 in the heart of Texas of because he got high and just couldn't stop thinking about Carmen Electra there WILL be law suits, big and ugly ones.
    A LOT more dangerous/stupid shit is done on alochol.

I should know.

SG Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Tampon View Post
    A LOT more dangerous/stupid shit is done on alochol.

I should know.
    I'm not disagreeing, but people will ask that question, and because Alcohol is largely a home grown industry and Pot is currently not, it is just one more hurdle the pot peddling part of the public would have to explain.

I'm not saying its impossible, but its a landmine field full of aids.

SG Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalSmash View Post
    I'm not disagreeing, but people will ask that question, and because Alcohol is largely a home grown industry and Pot is currently not, it is just one more hurdle the pot peddling part of the public would have to explain.

I'm not saying its impossible, but its a landmine field full of aids.
    I would have to agree
    not only that but alcohol is mainly produced in factories and is commercialized and also in stores, but pot as far as I know the big pothead grow it them selves at least thats how it is where Im from so it would be extremely hard for the government to have influence on the distribution like they do on alcohol..at least it seems so

SG Addict
    They Should Legalize it because as tampon said we spend SHIT LOADS of money fighting it, so if it were legalized the Economy Would Rise
    Formerly [Alpha Squad] iScout
    Never Forget

Still a Lazy Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by iScout View Post
    They Should Legalize it because as tampon said we spend SHIT LOADS of money fighting it, so if it were legalized the Economy Would Rise
    No, deficits would simply fall.

SG Addict
    This.

Legends
    Good enough for me.

Better than pissing away billions.

SG Addict
    I bet if the senate took a drug test, half of them would be high given teh crap they've been attempting at passing.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

User Tag List