Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SG Professional

rules for "rasicm"

I am just curious on what is considered "racism".

Examples:
    If I was black and obviously was black and said the "N" word to another black person, is that racism?

or if i was white and said cracker(if that word is considered racist) to another white person?

SG Addict
    Theres a thread on this out there somewhere.
    http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic1997_1.gif

SG Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayFox View Post
    Theres a thread on this out there somewhere.
    Hmmmmm......

will find.
    thanx

barackobama
    If you say "nigger" to someone like "sup nigger", and it's not to offend them, then that is kinda ok, it's life... some people greet like that.

But if you we're to say it in a horrible way for example.. "you nigger" then that is not fine.
    We do not tolerate racism, and we do not think it's ok to even greet people with the word, and your most likey to get banned for even using it to greet people..

But some very good advice, don't use the word or any word that is offensive.

P.S (Don't emo out on me saying that word, it's a word, and I'm using it as a example)

SG Addict
    Racism is racism, regardless of what color you are. I'm sorry, but that greeting part is bullshit.

That word was used as a derogatory term for african americans for the entire duration of slavery, and even after slavery they were still called that word on a daily basis to put them down, to tear them apart. When people greet each other using the n word, I get pissed off. Abolitionists, Black Rights Activists, Martin Luther King, Malcom X, they all worked so that they didn't have to get called that on a daily basis, and now whenever someone goes "Sup nigga" it's like a slap in the face of all of their work.

No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

~ Friedrich Nietzsche

barackobama
    Quote Originally Posted by Asian Paladin View Post
    Racism is racism, regardless of what color you are. I'm sorry, but that greeting part is bullshit.

That word was used as a derogatory term for african americans for the entire duration of slavery, and even after slavery they were still called that word on a daily basis to put them down, to tear them apart. When people greet each other using the n word, I get pissed off. Abolitionists, Black Rights Activists, Martin Luther King, Malcom X, they all worked so that they didn't have to get called that on a daily basis, and now whenever someone goes "Sup nigga" it's like a slap in the face of all of their work.
    Point taken, agreed.

SG Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by GarfieldH View Post
    Point taken, agreed.
    I 3rd that
    WH0 C0ULD REALLY G0 AS FAR EVEN 2 DECIDE 2 USE EVEN G0 WANT 2 D0 L00K M0RE LIKE?

Legends
    The word itself, or any other racial term of slur, is not alloud on our servers.

Even as a greet, that would be a warning, may this person do it again: week ban.

Someone in an argument, if they use that word to 'attack' the other person of the argument, that would be a possible straight up perm ban.

I have seen, someone greet, and i have warn them, then they say something like "fucking nigger admin" Which, morons like that, get perm banned.

SG Addict
    Personally, I kick the person, then if they offend again, ban them. Some people blatantly overuse the word, as well as put it in there name and dont change it no matter what, and these persistent people are the kinds I get proof of and move for a perm ban.

My best advice is to remove all perceived racist words from your vocabulary before playing.

Legends
    Donations:
    $150.00
    If its a racist word, just don;t say it, the excuse about it being between two black people is useless on the internet because the internet is colourless

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List