View Poll Results: Disable zombie respawn after death?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 68.75%
  • No

5 31.25%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A tweak?

Nubcake
    Donations:
    $90.00
    Quote Originally Posted by SpikedRocker View Post
    Wait isn't that what !zspawn is?
    Well that works for those who already lived once as zombie that round. I believe what Jazzman and other want is (at least) barring dead zombies from reanimating/respawning.

I do not like the fact that you instantly respawn as a zombie after you just died - as a zombie.
    I am a fan of ellipsis...

If you like electronic music: https://soundcloud.com/vorter
    Check out my playlists ;)

SG Addict
    No,because there are maps where zombies die constantly by falling,and cts could in turn win the map before getting to the end.
    Also,people get bored when they are not playing and would probably leave.
    I recommend adding a respawn time of 15-20 sec if you are gonna do anything.

Don't Stop Believin'
    Quote Originally Posted by vorter View Post
    I would at least enable respawn for people that just join the server, just so they don't get bored sitting around and leave.
    We have that, if a player just joined the server that player types in !zspawn to start playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by h3adsh0t View Post
    i feel like instead of actually escaping most will just try and kill the first zombie.
    Well if there is only one zombie that would be the best thing to do. Playing a full map vs 1 zombie can be really boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by struki View Post
    No,because there are maps where zombies die constantly by falling,and cts could in turn win the map before getting to the end.
    Also,people get bored when they are not playing and would probably leave.
    I recommend adding a respawn time of 15-20 sec if you are gonna do anything.
    Got it a bit wrong there my friend. CTs are the ones to die on beginning of the rounds since they are ahead of the zombies. They "unlock" most traps so by the time zombies get there its pretty obvious that there's a trap there. When CTs die they do respawn as zombie and still play.

Z3r0 and Wicked you are the ones to be on my side! Care to elaborate on your votes?

SG Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post

Got it a bit wrong there my friend. CTs are the ones to die on beginning of the rounds since they are ahead of the zombies. They "unlock" most traps so by the time zombies get there its pretty obvious that there's a trap there. When CTs die they do respawn as zombie and still play.
    Theres a hold point near the end on i think fapescape with a narrow pathway,and if a zombie falls of they die,so it would be really anti-climactic.

Don't Stop Believin'
    Theres a hold point near the end on i think fapescape with a narrow pathway,and if a zombie falls of they die,so it would be really anti-climactic.
    CT sided map, having ONE narrow pathway with death when fall is not optimal. Like seriously how many maps are like that except fapescape? That map should be removed if what you're saying is true

Banned

Donations:
    $420.00
    How it stands with humans respawning as zombies is fine, otherwise players will get bored waiting on longer maps. If we had more maps then maybe but remember on CSGO we have very few on there and many players are still too new to it - so we need to keep them and not force them to wait.

7. Thanked by 1 user:
    struki (31 Jan 2015)

Don't Stop Believin'
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedZealot View Post
    How it stands with humans respawning as zombies is fine, otherwise players will get bored waiting on longer maps. If we had more maps then maybe but remember on CSGO we have very few on there and many players are still too new to it - so we need to keep them and not force them to wait.
    Then again, how often do zombie die at beginning of rounds? When they do die(mid-end round most likely) they will pay more attention to traps which will force them to play better. Also they will definitely not do the same mistake twice. Yes, zombies do die, BUT its hard to kill them and they often die at the ending so they wont have to wait a long time.

Don't Stop Believin'
    We just played sorrento and it was z blowout after zombie blowout wins. It just gets too overwhelming when zombies keep coming like that and its hard to defend with ur obstacle being one box...

FINAL 9-2 zombies with one round being insta knife zombie to water so 9-1 really. We also had pro players on (turtle, vy, bdcoll, r3tro, myself etc. Its not fun to play when one side is so overpowered

SG Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    We just played sorrento and it was z blowout after zombie blowout wins. It just gets too overwhelming when zombies keep coming like that and its hard to defend with ur obstacle being one box...

FINAL 9-2 zombies with one round being insta knife zombie to water so 9-1 really. We also had pro players on (turtle, vy, bdcoll, r3tro, myself etc. Its not fun to play when one side is so overpowered
    Zombie Escape maps shouldn't have a 1:1 win ratio,it should be hard to beat a map because when you finally do,the payoff is worth it.Besides,sorento is lost because people don't hold at the 2nd gate,not because of the respawn system.
    I agree with Wicked that people just don't want to wait for a whole round.
    It also discourages zombies from trying to get humans who are in risky positions.

11. Thanked by 1 user:
    Agent_Wesker (31 Jan 2015)

Don't Stop Believin'
    Zombie Escape maps shouldn't have a 1:1 win ratio,it should be hard to beat a map because when you finally do,the payoff is worth it.Besides,sorento is lost because people don't hold at the 2nd gate,not because of the respawn system.
    I agree with Wicked that people just don't want to wait for a whole round.
    It also discourages zombies from trying to get humans who are in risky positions.
    Since I have replies for this in my previous posts I'm just gonna say humans weren't even CLOSE to winning it was a complete blowout all the time, thats not fun. Also the map was made like that. We need zombies to die in order for the gameplay to ease up

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List