Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Donations:
    $45.00

Server being weird or just people?

So I don't know if people have noticed, but the population on the server has dropped quite a bit very suddenly. Normally at this time of day it would be on 50/50 but its on 27, and it was like this yesterday as well.

Just wondering if people were having any problems connecting etc?

Then again, it could also be the map choice getting a bit stale as well I suppose, but meh, different point.

안녕하세요
    Donations:
    $40.00
    When Retro plays people just tend to leave

Server Administrator

Donations:
    $95.00
    Ace had to download most of the maps he didn't have, manually. Maybe that's a server-sided issue, which I first thought was an issue on his side only, which might not be the case, but I'll definitely try it out myself & see if clients download maps properly.

Update:
    4/3/2015 - Seems like it's not a download issue, as the maps are downloading perfectly fine, however when the server was at 43/50 slots the player count suddenly dropped back to around 31 within 1-2 minutes. Might be the map or just coincidence. This could also just be because of school/college, the week just started again so the population might not be as great as it always has been during the weekends.

The overall server population has been really good. I don't think we should worry too much already just based on the last two days only. Unless these drop downs are going to occur a lot more in the future, then we indeed need to start looking into the issue. The image below is the population for last week;

And the overall population from a whole month:
    Last edited by Paralyzed; 3 Mar 2015 at 05:11pm.

"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory."

4. Thanked by 1 user:
    vorter (3 Mar 2015)

Banned

The server does not keep any info related to clientside downloads. From all I know, downloads should work fine but if you ever get a error, either contact me or post on the forums so I can try to spot the issue

Server Administrator
    Donations:
    $35.00
    On the American side of things, there have been a ton of work/school related closures due to snow. You'll start seeing that # creep back down with kids back in school now (earlier in the day at least) until summer hits. Oh the joy of summer gaming as a 30 year old.

7. Thanked by 1 user:
    Vy (13 Mar 2015)

Banned

Donations:
    $45.00
    Don't get me wrong, its still doing decent-ish, its just that right now for example, on Mako you would expect 50/50 at this time of night. It was barely breaching 40. Now on map change its back down to 25/50 and looking like its going to stay there :S

Board of Directors
    Virginia, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
    Donations:
    $10.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    On the American side of things, there have been a ton of work/school related closures due to snow. You'll start seeing that # creep back down with kids back in school now (earlier in the day at least) until summer hits. Oh the joy of summer gaming as a 30 year old.
    This is my assumption as well. More than 50% of the country had snow on the ground for a week. In my area (southern VA) school was out for a week and some even more. Next week spring breaks are starting for some universities so I'd expect maybe another bump up in the next few weeks.

I really think that what we are seeing the past few days are the numbers we should expect when school is in session.

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $15.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Pan32 View Post
    The server does not keep any info related to clientside downloads. From all I know, downloads should work fine but if you ever get a error, either contact me or post on the forums so I can try to spot the issue
    Hey @Pan32 I'm kind of getting missing map issues a lot not on all maps but most of them just go missing... console says something about sv_pure so let me know what i can do!

Subscriber
    Donations:
    $92.00
    i had some issues where the download could take up to 8 minutes per map. wich made me not too willingly to wait 8 minutes so i could play 8. it could also be my net though

Banned

Server being weird or just people?

Quote Originally Posted by Ace™ View Post
    Hey @Pan32 I'm kind of getting missing map issues a lot not on all maps but most of them just go missing... console says something about sv_pure so let me know what i can do!
    I can only work if you either copy the console info or preferably screenshot it and pm me on forums/steam or post a thread somewhere with the tag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machiko View Post
    i had some issues where the download could take up to 8 minutes per map. wich made me not too willingly to wait 8 minutes so i could play 8. it could also be my net though
    You have to consider the sheer distance between you and the server. iirc norway to america is a ping of around 170 ms, which affects the connection speed quite a lot, so theres not much I can do from here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List