• Welcome to SteamGamers
    Here at SteamGamers, we're a family, everyone knows each other and if you don't, you'll be introduced real quick. Our community is build around the players - our aim is to have fun and not take things to seriously, but while still having some competitive edge here and there. You'll quickly find yourself at home when you game with us, whether you're goofing off with people on the servers, talking to them on the forums or chatting up in TeamSpeak. That's our key to success. At SteamGamers, everyone is welcome.
    Subscribe to SteamGamers Register Today
  • SpikedRocker

by Published on 12 Jun 2015 12:33pm
    Through a very vague tweet, it appears YouTube is about to announce its shot at competing with Twitch.

More details coming soon...?

https://twitter.com/YouTubeGaming/st...342081/photo/1
    by Published on 12 Jun 2015 12:41am

Well as we all know the Summer Sale has started. Now if this is your first Steam sale, you may find yourself a bit overwhelmed with all the pretty green sale logo's flying around and not sure what to buy. Well, my friend, this is not my first rodeo when it comes to sales. As my near 700 game library can attest to, I buy a ton of games and probably 90% of them are on a sale of some sort.

So here's how you should approach if you should buy the game now or wait.

#1. Is it a daily deal? Buy Now. This is the lowest sale price it will be. So need to wait to see if goes lower.
    #2. Is it a flash deal? If you really want this game, probably get it now. There are a few instances where flash deals become daily deals, but they have been far to few and the difference in the sale was 5-10%.
    #3. Is it part of the community unlock deal? These games will probably not be involved in either of the daily or flash deals. So buy now.

What if my game has a sale price on it but is not one of the above? Well the answer is wait. Most of Steam's catalog goes on some sort of sale from start to finish. Some games will get the daily/flash/community deals at some point which would be at a bigger discount.

This year they added a minigame to help get deals instead of voting. So have fun playing that, at least get it started at least once to participate and help the community get the goal deals.
    by Published on 11 Jun 2015 11:53pm

Well sorry its taken most of day 1 to do this, but I've been busy. Working on a way to get more people to help out, if you are interested send me a PM.

Anyway, today has started the event that all our wallets hate. Steam Summer Sale. Next to the Christmas/Winter sale, it the most wallet cringing, asshole puckering time of the year. Through out the days of the sale, I'll feature several games that I think are worth the money for you to get. Please note this is all my opinion and you may not like it. So lets get started!

Day 1.

Lets start with an obvious one. GTA. I'm lumping this all in as one like Steam is. All the older GTA games are at their historic low prices, so pick them up if you do not have them already. One thing a few people are mad about is that GTA V is not really on a sale. What??? Basically what they've done is you but GTA V at normal price and we'll throw in some in-game currency and San Andreas (if you don't have it yet). Is it a sale? Not really, but you can't really blame them, it hit PC shelves a few months ago and their sales have been relatively strong to date. Basically they still want you to spend the money but they are giving you more incentive.

Next, Tales from the Borderlands. Tell Tale has upped their games quality from game to game since Back to the Future. This has probably been my favorite series so far. Its funny, entertaining and the voice acting is amazing. So far 2 episodes have been released, the next episode is due to hit in 2-3 weeks. If you've liked Tell Tale's take on The Walking Dead, you'll like this.

Hotline Miami 2 is a new take on an old school game. The first game was pretty good and this just improves on it.

A few honorable mentions, Binding of Issac, Metro Series, Monaco, Sir/Madam You Are Being Hunted, Amnesia Collection, Surgeon Simulator and the Van Helsing Series are all solid games to pick up.
    by Published on 8 Jun 2015 11:53pm

Well this was an interesting bit of news to come down the line since the Ducktales Remastered game. Speaking of, it seems we'll keep seeing classics like this to keep coming. Mega Man Legacy will drop sometime later this summer, no date set, and will be $15.

So my question is, when will we see Super Mario Bros. come to PC? ;-)
    by Published on 4 Jun 2015 11:15pm
    After 2 years of waiting, we are one step closer to a long awaited reality. Valve has announced the date of when Steam Hardware will be available and you can buy it now and get it early!

Check out this video on the Steam Controller:

Stuff you can buy now and you could get it as soon as October 16th when the first wave of products go out are the Steam Controller $50, Steam Link $50 and 2 different Steam Boxes starting at $500.

The Steam Controller is pretty self explanatory. Its a freaking controller built by Valve to specifically operate the Steam software. Duh.

The Steam Link is the basic of the basic when it comes the Steam Home Gaming system. It basically sets up a remote to your desktop through your network. There is a place for it to be wired into the network but also will work wirelessly. There is some concern that there would be latency issues in the control, so its yet to be determined if that is truly a problem.

The two Steam Boxes available are the Alienware one, which will be available at GameStop locations, and the Syber, which is available only online at the moment. The Steam Boxes are essentially mini-PC's that have high end components. The base is at $500 but goes up to $750 for the Alienware boxes and $1420 for the Syber boxes. I do believe the Alienware boxes will not be upgradable, but I believe Syber you can upgrade memory and storage after you buy it. The Steam Boxes will have Steam OS installed on them and I doubt you can partisan the drive.

So if you are interested in more go visit here: http://store.steampowered.com/hardware
    by Published on 2 Jun 2015 05:38pm

Today Valve announced they have revamped their Steam Refund Policy. The previous policy was loose and had been referred around the internet as a one-chance refund policy. The new policy, "You can request a refund for nearly any purchase on Steam—for any reason. Maybe your PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements; maybe you bought a game by mistake; maybe you played the title for an hour and just didn't like it," the policy now states. "It doesn't matter."

So what does this mean for you? Simply if you have any legitimate reason for a refund, you will most likely get it. The more specific and broad wording in the policy means if you've purchased a game within 14 days and have less than 2 hours of play time, you can submit a refund request and Steam will issue the refund within a week as a form of Steam Wallet or the original purchase method (ie. credit card refund). There are a few restrictions however, if its something that would be out of Valve's control. Examples given where DLC that increases stats that cannot be undone or some third-party DLC's, movies and gifted games. When the restriction is in place it will be noted when purchasing.
    by Published on 2 Jun 2015 11:51am

After going full release in March, Turbine has decided to end Infinite Crisis, a DC Comic themed MOBA.

"This was an extremely difficult decision to make," Turbine write. "On behalf of the entire Infinite Crisis team we want to thank all of you for your feedback, support and for joining together to create one of the best communities in gaming."

They do not state a specific reason for the decisions, but it has been known to struggle with its player base.

*EDITORIAL BELOW*
    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast