• RSS Feed

by Published on 2 Jun 2015 05:38pm

Today Valve announced they have revamped their Steam Refund Policy. The previous policy was loose and had been referred around the internet as a one-chance refund policy. The new policy, "You can request a refund for nearly any purchase on Steam—for any reason. Maybe your PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements; maybe you bought a game by mistake; maybe you played the title for an hour and just didn't like it," the policy now states. "It doesn't matter."

So what does this mean for you? Simply if you have any legitimate reason for a refund, you will most likely get it. The more specific and broad wording in the policy means if you've purchased a game within 14 days and have less than 2 hours of play time, you can submit a refund request and Steam will issue the refund within a week as a form of Steam Wallet or the original purchase method (ie. credit card refund). There are a few restrictions however, if its something that would be out of Valve's control. Examples given where DLC that increases stats that cannot be undone or some third-party DLC's, movies and gifted games. When the restriction is in place it will be noted when purchasing.
    by Published on 2 Jun 2015 11:51am

After going full release in March, Turbine has decided to end Infinite Crisis, a DC Comic themed MOBA.

"This was an extremely difficult decision to make," Turbine write. "On behalf of the entire Infinite Crisis team we want to thank all of you for your feedback, support and for joining together to create one of the best communities in gaming."

They do not state a specific reason for the decisions, but it has been known to struggle with its player base.

*EDITORIAL BELOW*
    by Published on 1 Jun 2015 06:02pm

Let's start with something that most people have been talking about for the past few months now. LEGO Jurrasic World. I tell you that I am beyond excited for this game. It's to include the previous movies and the one that comes out this Friday. I am not 100% sure at what price point I am willing to get in on, but if we are talking $30 for 4 movies worth of content, I think I'll bite. It has yet to appear on the Steam store yet so I am still going to probably balk. LEGO Jurassic World hits stores June 12th.

Here's the latest trailer for LEGO Jurassic World:

Now lets move on to something that is actually on the Steam store now. LEGO Worlds. I did not know about this game, so it kind of came out of no where for me. I was kind of following the upcoming LEGO Dimensions which is currently console only due to the external "toys" part of the game. That being said, LEGO Worlds, looks like a compromise for PC users. It hit Steam's Early Access today for $15. Just sifting through the Steam store it appears its a single player only LEGO version of Minecraft. Its procedurally built and sandbox with no real story to it. It also appears that you can custom build whatever you want with the bricks you collect and save the build to rebuild it again. I think I'll participate in on this early access just because it does look interesting and fun.

Here's a link to the Steam store for LEGO Worlds: http://store.steampowered.com/app/332310/
    by Published on 1 Jun 2015 05:54pm

For everyone "excited" for it, Windows 10 will be available July 29th.

I know, don't everyone thank me at once, but the awaited release of the latest OS from Windows should have you excited. Why? Well if you own Windows 7 or 8, you have a year to update for FREE!

The big feature that will apply to you the most is the exclusive DirectX 12 that will only be available on Windows 10.

For more features check out this video:

If you are ready to jump the gun and upgrade you can "reserve" your copy now through a taskbar app and upgrade now.

Now my question for you, are you going to upgrade? Are you going to wait? How long do you wait? Respond here in the comments section.
    by Published on 30 May 2015 10:48pm

Well the long awaited follow up from Frictional Games, Soma, has gotten its release date. If you are wanting to play it, you'll be waiting until September 22nd. Yes that's quite a bit off, with a lot of other big releases between now and then. The good news is that they've also released a 12 minute game play video.

Check out video here:

For those whom haven't been following Frictional Games, these cats are the geniuses behind Amnesia: The Dark Decent. They've been working on Soma before Amnesia, back in 2010. So while watching the above video you'll notice a lot of similarities between Soma and Amnesia. They say the delay in Soma's development has been due to them wanting to perfect the technology of the game mechanics.

This reminds me of when James Cameron delayed the development of Avatar for like 15 years for the camera technology to catch up. Hopefully this will be worth it for us gamers, just from the above video, I'd say its we are going to be scared shitless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12