PDA

View Full Version : Headset on PrisonBreak

Cooki3Monsta
28 Sep 2008, 08:26am
I think this should be a rule. If you are a ct you need a mic. I mean I have died plenty by just staring at people without a warning. No I will not demo it thats too much work. They usually type the command after they kill you. GET a mic! It surely isnt expensive my super cheap headset I got when I first started talking on ventrilo was 10.00 USD. If you don't have 10.00 then I don't know what to say. I bet nobody will consider this but I thought I would post this. :thumbup:

andre1028
28 Sep 2008, 11:27am
I bet nobody will consider this but I thought I would post this. :thumbup:

Lol!

Anyways I agree with you because

1) The chat disappears and sometimes you miss it, resulting in your death.
2) Getting commands in text is corny :P
3) It'll make it a little easier for the T's

The only problems are
1) Some people are too lazy to get a decent mic
2) Those certain people will flood the T side.
3) Because of everyone flooding T side there will barely be any CT's, making it really unfair.

It's a pretty good idea though.

barackobama
28 Sep 2008, 12:08pm
It's would be very unfair, and drive people away from the server.

Cooki3Monsta
28 Sep 2008, 12:11pm
I'm not saying ban people for it but moving them to t would be ok. They could also get someone named garfield to buy headsets for them.

barackobama
28 Sep 2008, 12:12pm
I said, they'd be driven away from the server..

It's like saying, no poor people are allowed to shop in Walmart.

Paladin
28 Sep 2008, 12:15pm
Agreed with Garfield, that'd be a shitty rule.

People don't want to go out and have to shell out their money for a microphone, when they have a perfectly functioning keyboard in front of them.

Cooki3Monsta
28 Sep 2008, 12:16pm
lol knew it wouldn't work. Oh well! :glare:

Tcp-Kill
28 Sep 2008, 12:36pm
It's a good idea but it would still happen. The thing that annoys me more are the annoying binds.

The bind that made me laugh

"Police!!!! drop the gun now!!!"

LVG
28 Sep 2008, 02:16pm
The bind that made me laugh

"Police!!!! drop the gun now!!!"

lol yea that was good lol, still theres alot of spam so i prefer people typing

Hiphopopotomus
29 Sep 2008, 03:24am
I won't get another Mic until i get a new computer because this computer's first sound card fried up, and i got another cheap one and a mic doesn't work in it :(.

Shabby
29 Sep 2008, 09:17am
Everyone on pb says if you don't have a mic go to the t side but i think thats abit unfair and as stated you have a key board.

[Strike]
29 Sep 2008, 09:22am
U can just make a rule that they must have binded "drop the gun" or something. Many ppl without a mic just kill u for looking at them or running 3 meters away from them. And you can make a advert with a link on how to bind if people dont know ( To a thread in here)

Metal
29 Sep 2008, 10:43am
Well it would be the best thing cuz i love or hate if a CT is typing and gets jumped, and most of the ct dies.
But there is no mod or mini mod where you can get kicked for no mic.
If there is a way it would be great but its a 50/50
Most SG have mics, and i got one.
But some people cant have mics but they can be active to SG servers, and than get kicked or cant be CT, it would be unfair for them

Desum
29 Sep 2008, 01:22pm
I think this should be a rule. If you are a ct you need a mic. I mean I have died plenty by just staring at people without a warning. No I will not demo it thats too much work. They usually type the command after they kill you. GET a mic! It surely isnt expensive my super cheap headset I got when I first started talking on ventrilo was 10.00 USD. If you don't have 10.00 then I don't know what to say. I bet nobody will consider this but I thought I would post this. :thumbup:

I do HAVE a mic, but apparently some dumbasses down in Dell a few years ago thought it was smart to put the headphone plug infront and the mic plug in the back. Nonetheless, i usually try to go T, but obviously T is often full. If your looking and concentrating SO hard on the screen that you can't see the text, obviously your doin somethin wrong. I simply made a macro which says something like "PUT THE GUN DOWN NOW!! YOU HAVE 2 SECONDS, IM NOT COUNTING FOR YOU!!" And i throw it out there about 2-4 times so they see it. At the start of the game, i also give the warning that any Ts attempting to approach me will be shot. As a first resort, non-micers should obviously go to T, but if they can't its fairly simple to get around that.

Maxwelldon
29 Sep 2008, 09:54pm
Poking in an eye here with wall sized stick and trying to look for a pin in hay stack but still; I'd say we should have in MOTD saying that we prefer the CT players have mics..
Notice, prefer to have mics just because I see whole lot people playing without mics on PB servers and they keep shooting people because we don't follow an order we missed since we were too focused paying attention to other people talking on mic OR having too fun to goof around with other people.

But yea, just add "It is preferred to have a mic when you play on Counter-Terrorist" in the MOTD.. It's not a rule but people realize it would make giving orders easier :001_rolleyes:

Also, mics cost like $10 or a headset $10-30 and it's totally worth to get :thumbup:

tank40175
30 Sep 2008, 05:51am
I agree it should be a rule, or even put in as "prefered". It causes alot of problems in server when they don't. PB was one of my main servers to play on but I don't as much anymore because of CT's that don't have mic. Don't look at chat box much in there because it's hard to when you are trying to look for opportunity to strike. So commands get missed and then as far as you know you were freekilled. Idk though, I can see the point of not requiring one because of different peeps $$ status, but it drives some from server as is too. Just my thoughts.

Astrum
30 Sep 2008, 10:07am
You're honestly going to tell people to go spend money if they want to play as CT? I'm with Garfield on this one. Aside from being rude to people who don't have spare income, it's also ludicrous to expect all players to even have an income. I'm guessing the bulk of players on PB are 14-22. Which means a lot don't have income, and the rest don't have expendable income.

Perhaps a thread in the PB section that tells players how to bind "Drop the gun!" and other messages to certain keys would be better. Or even put that in the MOTD. Making this a requirement to be a CT is also excessive though.

Seriously, it's a role playing server, have fun. Stop with the rules.

Cooki3Monsta
30 Sep 2008, 01:16pm
So they had enough money to buy css, a computer and they don't have enough for a headset? In the case of younger kids how did they get their computer , css ? Their parents. I'm not saying they NEED to have a headset but it would be waaaaaay better if they did.

Astrum
30 Sep 2008, 01:48pm
So they had enough money to buy css, a computer and they don't have enough for a headset? In the case of younger kids how did they get their computer , css ? Their parents. I'm not saying they NEED to have a headset but it would be waaaaaay better if they did.

I'm fine with giving them a helping hand. Tell them how to bind "Drop the gun!" to a key in the MOTD/a thread on the forums. If you get me a decent sound clip I could probably write a script that allows a user to play the sound clip or something like that. Perhaps that'd help.

jeN
30 Sep 2008, 07:03pm
You're honestly going to tell people to go spend money if they want to play as CT? I'm with Garfield on this one. Aside from being rude to people who don't have spare income, it's also ludicrous to expect all players to even have an income. I'm guessing the bulk of players on PB are 14-22. Which means a lot don't have income, and the rest don't have expendable income.

Perhaps a thread in the PB section that tells players how to bind "Drop the gun!" and other messages to certain keys would be better. Or even put that in the MOTD. Making this a requirement to be a CT is also excessive though.

Agreedddd. Though I also hate when T's are like "I HAVE NO SOUND, TYPE IT," then proceed to bitch to admins saying someone freekilled them when the person spoke over mic. =T

Desum
1 Oct 2008, 03:59pm

Amen.. I mean, Seriously, most of the players that play SG/ZM are from the U.S, which is going through major economic problems right now, especially in places like Michigan and others where theres no jobs to get and the economy is even more in the trash. If you can't honestly see on such a small screen that someone just spammed pressed a caps locked macro 4 times, which if you look at some time is pretty darn noticable, then your eyes need to be checked out. While Jail Break is for fun, the whole game revolves around paying VERY close attention to the game and your surroundings, be it a T looking for the oppurtunity to knife a CT or a CT guarding the Ts carefully.. If you can't pay attention to simple Caps'd text then what are you playing the server for?

Cooki3Monsta
1 Oct 2008, 04:38pm
Amen.. I mean, Seriously, most of the players that play SG/ZM are from the U.S, which is going through major economic problems right now, especially in places like Michigan and others where theres no jobs to get and the economy is even more in the trash. If you can't honestly see on such a small screen that someone just spammed pressed a caps locked macro 4 times, which if you look at some time is pretty darn noticable, then your eyes need to be checked out. While Jail Break is for fun, the whole game revolves around paying VERY close attention to the game and your surroundings, be it a T looking for the oppurtunity to knife a CT or a CT guarding the Ts carefully.. If you can't pay attention to simple Caps'd text then what are you playing the server for?

Oh my god he brought the gay economy into it. Well this thread has been answered. There will be no rule about having a headset on prison break. If anyone wants to go post a thread about how to bind text.

Bubbles
2 Oct 2008, 08:49pm
i have a bit of a problem with this, because i do have a mic and i usually like playing ct's

the problem is, that my mic will actually work with everything BUT CSS, ive done steam chats with my mic even, but it wont work in game, so i do have bound DROP IT and BACK UP, i think it works well enough for me

Maxwelldon
2 Oct 2008, 10:33pm
i have a bit of a problem with this, because i do have a mic and i usually like playing ct's

the problem is, that my mic will actually work with everything BUT CSS, ive done steam chats with my mic even, but it wont work in game, so i do have bound DROP IT and BACK UP, i think it works well enough for me I had the same but it fixed out when I did steam-configure wizard or w/e for it.
Give it a shot and see what happens.

Tho yeah, Myself I prefer of having a mic.. more enjoyable to have fast comms and such where possible and I find it more enjoyable when you can just talk and laugh with people :laugh: