PDA

View Full Version : Which slogan will win????

barackobama
25 Sep 2008, 10:15am
We have changed the plan a little, we will put 10 Slogans up for a vote, the winner will be the slogan with the most votes, and the winner of $25 worth of steam games!

Let the games begin!!!

T & C.

The Board of Directors has final say over the winner of the contest despite the outcome of the vote. * It will be very unlikely they will overthrow the vote.

Tcp-Kill
25 Sep 2008, 11:27am
Who will win?

Let the poll decide!

Start your voting!

LVG
25 Sep 2008, 11:30am
Who will win you decide *weird music* dun dun dun

AnThRaX
25 Sep 2008, 11:30am
:O mine is not up not voting :P

Italian Jew
25 Sep 2008, 11:31am
Even if a slogan wins, the BD's have the final say.

So what's the point?

Paronic
25 Sep 2008, 11:35am
MEH! me slogan aint up there lol

SteamGamers no mercy for the lamers
&
SteamGamers Ya gotta be in it to win it

post ya votes under here quoting which slogan you would like out of my 2 rather than them pants slogans slightly up the page. :)

SATAN
25 Sep 2008, 11:40am
So what's the point?

:huh:

barackobama
25 Sep 2008, 11:41am
Chill, it's just incase.... I very much doubt it will happen.

Gumpy
25 Sep 2008, 11:46am
We have changed the plan a little, we will put 10 Slogans up for a vote, the winner will be the slogan with the most votes, and the winner of $25 worth of steam games!

Let the games begin!!!

T & C.

The Board of Directors has final say over the winner of the contest despite the outcome of the vote. * It will be very unlikely they will overthrow the vote.

Lol @ smallprint.

Sandstorm
25 Sep 2008, 12:30pm
i feel the best ones arent even in there, like the one about steam and a fan? i thought that was a good one

Sandstorm
25 Sep 2008, 12:38pm
[pick apart thread]

Shouldn't it be "which" slogan will win, too?

[/pick apart thread]

[pick apart reply]

No need for the too

[/pick apart reply]

Eldest
25 Sep 2008, 12:53pm
SteamGamers: Next Generation of Gaming

I picked this, although it doesn't seem that original, it's still good =P

Lux
25 Sep 2008, 01:02pm
"something for everyone" was the only one that sounded ok to me to be honest...

I really think that there were better slogans than this though...

Also you deleted the old thread :S Now I can't go and get examples :cursing:

Like mine ..... "Steamgamers: Whoever you are, Whatever you play, Whenever you want" !!!!!!!!!!!!! *feels aura of power when reading*

Btw..Don't want to offend but "Reach out and shoot someone".......I don't get it seriously..... Reach out with your hands.......then shoot your own team mate.

Suri
25 Sep 2008, 01:03pm
Crap i was not able to get mine in. :(

Steamgamers: Teabagging since 2007

I am going to be straight up honest here. All these really suck. And I say this because I would hate to get stuck with something that is not up to the level we need it to be. And why do we need a slogan? I would rather not have one for now then have any of these.

Shabby
25 Sep 2008, 01:15pm
SteamGamers: Next Generation of Gaming

I picked this, although it doesn't seem that original, it's still good =P

Me tooo. :cool:

LVG
25 Sep 2008, 01:15pm
Steamgamers: Teabagging since 2007

Epic win i declare new LIST!

PotshotPolka
25 Sep 2008, 01:57pm
Steamgamers: We're so awesome we don't need a slogan.

Lux
25 Sep 2008, 02:05pm
Where is this slogan even gonna be???

I would object to it being on the server name because I think the "Run bitch run" and names similiar to that are eye catching and get people in...some of these ones just aren't good.

Hiphopopotomus
25 Sep 2008, 02:07pm
ah come on who put the I'm a big kid now, that is not even legal, pretty sure that is copyright infringement
The sad part is i don't remember which one was mine :(

barackobama
25 Sep 2008, 02:09pm
Where is this slogan even gonna be???

I would object to it being on the server name because I think the "Run bitch run" and names similiar to that are eye catching and get people in...some of these ones just aren't good.

They will be in the banners.

Modgers1
25 Sep 2008, 02:37pm
Meh, I don't really like the idea of a slogan. Just my two cents.

-Modgers

barackobama
25 Sep 2008, 02:50pm
I think it will be good for the community, only a small % think we don't need one, but in the end it will be good.

Suri
25 Sep 2008, 02:58pm
You are joking, right?

I don't remember contracts being handed out. Anything you say can be used as many times as people want.

HEHEHE you don't understand what he is saying Havok. He was talking about the slogan I am a Big kid now belongs to a US toy store called Toysrus.
http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=2255956

Not sure they use the slogan anymore, but they have it copyrighted.

Suri
25 Sep 2008, 03:01pm
I think it will be good for the community, only a small % think we don't need one, but in the end it will be good.

Double posted so eat me!

How will this be good for the community?? I don't see having a slogan will do anything more for the community. We got where we are today with out one. So why need one. You are in a way saying we need one. But thats is really not the case. Some people want one.

Need and want are two different things.

Also I am not trying to spit on the idea of having a slogan. I am trying to say if we do end up having one it better be the perfect one, and none of these are perfect.

Hiphopopotomus
25 Sep 2008, 03:09pm
Double posted so eat me!

How will this be good for the community?? I don't see having a slogan will do anything more for the community. We got where we are today with out one. So why need one. You are in a way saying we need one. But thats is really not the case. Some people want one.

Need and want are two different things.

Also I am not trying to spit on the idea of having a slogan. I am trying to say if we do end up having one it better be the perfect one, and none of these are perfect.

Yeah, think we should prolong the slogan thingy and vote on individual slogans to maybe about 4 slogans that we thing are really good as a whole, because those slogans were picked by maybe one or two people. If this slogan is going to represent us in some way i want to be really good. Seriously, some of those i thought were jokes, they got to good. The current winner is good but could be better.

barackobama
25 Sep 2008, 03:12pm
Ohh. Well, I'm sure they won't care too much that an internet community copies a slogan. I dunno, I mean so long as it isn't from another community I doubt anyone will care.

Also, we have had Toys 'r' Us in Britain for ages. :wink:

EDIT: Garfield, I don't quite understand when you mean it'll be good for the community. It's not exactly one of the more important things to be done right now. I know you've got a new rank and want to try and prove yourself capable, but really, a slogan isn't important.

Revising the application system is.

Revising the regular acceptance system is.

Getting SG's name out there is.

Hi,

All I need to do is get SG's name out there, and a slogan is a small part of that plan.

Tyrant
25 Sep 2008, 03:14pm
i feel the best ones arent even in there, like the one about steam and a fan? i thought that was a good one

"SteamGamers.com. Where the Steam hits the Fan."

Took me a little bit of time messing around with play on words to come up with this. Glad you liked it.

As for the choices on the list, without being bias towards my own slogan, I feel as though they are all lacking, and some seem unoriginal. At this point my vote would be more of a settle since there is no "none of the above" option.

LegalSmash
25 Sep 2008, 03:14pm
How about:

Steamgamers: 'Dem gama'z gotz yellocake!

Red
25 Sep 2008, 03:19pm
Havok shut the fuck up, he's doing his job.

We have advertising on other websites, which is also part of his responsibilities.

So instead of instigating when Garfield's simply trying to contribute something to the community, why don't you help come up with some ideas otherwise just shut it.

For example your wiki suggestion is actually not half bad.

Go aggro your bro.

Cooki3Monsta
25 Sep 2008, 03:20pm
Aww mines isnt up there >> & I don't like the 10 up there :closedeyes:

Modgers1
25 Sep 2008, 03:20pm
So, where exactly will it go? It can't go on the forums because that would be pointless unless it was on others and even then, what websites would it go on?

On an entirely different note, I've debated in the past the idea of creating a Wikipedia article about ZM but I never got around to it. I know it's not much but that gives us an extra Google link. Perhaps it might be worth a little tinkering with.

Agreed. Something like this would get our name out. With tags like Zombie Murder or Steam Gamers, this article would pop up anytime someone searched on google for this. I think a slogan would just clutter the name, and yes, I don't think many of these are very original.

-Modgers

Red
25 Sep 2008, 03:26pm
Agreed. Something like this would get our name out. With tags like Zombie Murder or Steam Gamers, this article would pop up anytime someone searched on google for this. I think a slogan would just clutter the name, and yes, I don't think many of these are very original.

-Modgers

First, this isn't up for debate.

Second, that's why you get to fucking vote on the one that is original.

Third, jesus fucking christ.

barackobama
25 Sep 2008, 03:31pm
Yeah, I'll look in to the Wiki thing lol.

SATAN
25 Sep 2008, 05:31pm
Lol you guys are getting Tampon angry!

yay for Slogan

Suri
25 Sep 2008, 05:56pm
First, this isn't up for debate.

Second, that's why you get to fucking vote on the one that is original.

Third, jesus fucking christ.

But Red the slogan thing is not a problem. Like I said in past posts. I dont mind a slogan, but right now that list does not have anything we should ever think about using.

Why rush into this. What the other poll was only up for a few days. There is no reason to rush into having one in this list be it.

Italian Jew
25 Sep 2008, 07:02pm
Hey, didn't you guys pick a banner in that contest? Is there a reason why it isn't put up yet (not that I don't like the original ZM one that's up)?

Maybe we should complete one thing at a time before we go bouncing around.

Smiling
25 Sep 2008, 08:04pm
aww mines not on the vote
:mellow:

Matt.
25 Sep 2008, 09:42pm
Why is "I'm a big kid now" on there? That sounds kind of immature don't you think? And its in second place for voting :|

trakaill
25 Sep 2008, 10:17pm
Reach out and shoot someone is good...My vote... But how about.. something more catchy like.. Reach out and pop a cap.. something like that.. Its a lil boring as is!!

trakaill
25 Sep 2008, 10:24pm
DOUBLE POST BUT HOW ABOUT WE ARE DOING THIS TO KEEP THE COMMUNITY ALIVE AND INTERESTING... why does everything has to have a point...
This involves people (i.e regulars) that dont necessarly have any influence on the changes made to the community yet this lets them get involved and maybe see there work used by the higher ups like BDs or Haggards, why object this, I dont see. Except maybe modjers had a point with this interferring with the name itself!!!!

barackobama
25 Sep 2008, 10:58pm
As it says, if the BD's do not feel that a good slogan is chosen, it will be reviewed.

Aaron117
26 Sep 2008, 12:58am
Slogan should be: "In the world of servers, we stand out"

LitKey
26 Sep 2008, 01:04am

QFT

jeN
26 Sep 2008, 01:04am

THIS.

Kennith
26 Sep 2008, 01:18am
THIS.

QFFT

Tcp-Kill
26 Sep 2008, 01:23am
QFFT

QTFEED

Nah, i sort of agree, a slogan is nice, but i mean come on

Reach out and shoot someone?

Sounds kinda lame...

Daze
26 Sep 2008, 03:20am
I prefer leading by example...

I mean c'mon, name a better community?

Third
26 Sep 2008, 03:37am
The slogan "Reach out & Shoot Someone" - Not over keen on that only because of the message it sends. All these lawyers etc blame games like CSS enough for mass school murders...

It's like... *NEWS JUST IN* well they had the game experience and go an shoot someone, well now they even have their own slogan! People around the world look out!"

Suri
26 Sep 2008, 06:44am
DOUBLE POST BUT HOW ABOUT WE ARE DOING THIS TO KEEP THE COMMUNITY ALIVE AND INTERESTING... why does everything has to have a point...
This involves people (i.e regulars) that dont necessarly have any influence on the changes made to the community yet this lets them get involved and maybe see there work used by the higher ups like BDs or Haggards, why object this, I dont see. Except maybe modjers had a point with this interferring with the name itself!!!!

Some one pass Trak a tissue he has some brown on his nose.

There are so many holes here.

This involves people (i.e regulars) that dont necessarly have any influence on the changes made to the community yet this lets them get involved

The regs has spoken and there are many that don't like these slogans. So you are saying only the regs that like the idea and speak up?

WE ARE DOING THIS TO KEEP THE COMMUNITY ALIVE AND INTERESTING

Did I miss the death of our community? When have we ever been dead? or not interesting? And how is a slogan going to save the day?

I am not harping on Garfield. I believe he has done a fine job in everything he has done. All I am saying is PLEASE do not just pick something because we think we need it. We have gotten to where we are with out one. Not sure we need one now.

I understand this is for marketing. But if I saw any one these slogans on a banner some where else I would laugh and not visit this site.

Please take time to really come up with something that will blow minds. And that is just not in this list.

Paladin
26 Sep 2008, 07:39am
It's not a catchy slogan that will keep the community alive and interesting, it's the people and the servers. It has always been the people and servers, and just a few more words on the banner won't make five people into ten.

AnThRaX
26 Sep 2008, 08:19am
Your Gaming, Your Future, We Deliver SteamGamers. was mine I think its more senseable then reach out and shoot someone IMO :thumbdown:

Paladin
26 Sep 2008, 08:33am
Biased opinion is fail opinion.

That line is terrible, not original.

AnThRaX
26 Sep 2008, 08:53am
W/e :P lets just shoot someone

Shabby
26 Sep 2008, 11:29am
QTFEED

Nah, i sort of agree, a slogan is nice, but i mean come on

Reach out and shoot someone?

Sounds kinda lame...

ROfl

even my was better 'Steamgamers... this is how we play'

Chef
26 Sep 2008, 01:21pm
lmao.

Your all ohh soo wrong.

"I'm a big kid now" is Pull-ups slogan.

Not toysrus.

lmfao.

Red
26 Sep 2008, 01:46pm
look what i can do, i can wear big kid pants too

*Queen VenomousFate*
27 Sep 2008, 11:07pm
lol what happened to...

SteamGamers: Really... We are Zombie Murder.

Phoenix
28 Sep 2008, 06:17am
I dunno if i've heard this before but i think 'SteamGamers : It's all in the game' or something along those lines is something better than a lot of those in the vote, if it's from a company slogan then just ignore this post =]

trakaill
28 Sep 2008, 10:22pm
You my friend misinterpreted my point... sorry english isnt my first language so I dont alway use the best choice of words but whatever I dont care if we hae a slogan really...

Some one pass Trak a tissue he has some brown on his nose.

There are so many holes here.

The regs has spoken and there are many that don't like these slogans. So you are saying only the regs that like the idea and speak up?

Did I miss the death of our community? When have we ever been dead? or not interesting? And how is a slogan going to save the day?

I am not harping on Garfield. I believe he has done a fine job in everything he has done. All I am saying is PLEASE do not just pick something because we think we need it. We have gotten to where we are with out one. Not sure we need one now.

I understand this is for marketing. But if I saw any one these slogans on a banner some where else I would laugh and not visit this site.

Please take time to really come up with something that will blow minds. And that is just not in this list.

trakaill
28 Sep 2008, 10:22pm
Leading by example is my econd choice by the way

Suri
29 Sep 2008, 07:11am
lmao.

Your all ohh soo wrong.

"I'm a big kid now" is Pull-ups slogan.

Not toysrus.

lmfao.

THAT IS EVEN MORE FAIL!!!!!

Wait was toysrus " Where a kid can be a kid"?

Paul
29 Sep 2008, 08:15am
All of these fail IMO, there all boring and lame =/

Phoenix
29 Sep 2008, 10:42am
How about "Steam Gamers...we're so dysfunctional that we can't even come up with a decent slogan."

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/9646/subscribewingj0.jpg (http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q122/SickBoy559/You_Suck.jpg)

SATAN
29 Sep 2008, 02:03pm

Make a new vote and include this please.

Awesome slogan.

Phoenix
29 Sep 2008, 02:17pm
lol, damn. :tongue_smilie:

it's not even sick, just some little kid swearing :thumbup1: